Author Topic: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)  (Read 115892 times)

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 19:19:54 »

Just order it and hope for a Thanksgiving miracle.

Carbon without warning signs is like a sundae without the cherry. 🍒

I'm personally praying for like 7-8 kits that are not even halfway there.

I already joined on the 1st day, duh! But this is trending towards cancelling on the last day now

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 19:52:50 »
Why are people cancelling before the end date?  If a kit doesn’t make MOQ, you aren’t going to get charged and will be cancel anyways. Cancelling early is going to make people not want to join. We want to encourage people to join late to maybe hit MOQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 20:43:14 »
Why are people cancelling before the end date?  If a kit doesn’t make MOQ, you aren’t going to get charged and will be cancel anyways. Cancelling early is going to make people not want to join. We want to encourage people to join late to maybe hit MOQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people join early thinking that the kits will hit price drops over time. With the current sales rate, I imagine the people dropping out have determined that even if their desired kits hit MoQ they aren't willing to pay the price. That, or they are dropping lesser desired kits to reduce the overall cost of their individual purchase.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 02:26:05 »
Personally i dropped because I was willing to pay 139.99 for the base. 159.99 price tag is way to high. I know its 20 bucks but that not the point. I am also not sold on the row 5. I mean it shouldn't have any affect one way or another other then driving up price. I do wonder if this sets even going to get produced. I noticed it just hit MOQ which is pretty sad. I don't know if many of the addon sets will hit MOQ and if they don't I doubt the base will even meet MOQ as people will most likely cancel. I do want to say glad the designer tried something new. I hope maybe this will help the community grow as a whole. I look back at older sets there was typically 1-2 options and some base kits. Now it seems like designers want to run 3-4 buys at the same time.

Example is Carbon.. there was a number of base kits.. plus modifier kits etc etc. I think that's one of the biggest down falls. I know the community wants verity but at the end of the day. I think one single base kit plus addon kits is much better then running like 2 base kits.. 3 modifier kits etc etc. Cause it dilutes the discounts and ends up with people spreading out to much.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 16:47:33 »
Personally i dropped because I was willing to pay 139.99 for the base. 159.99 price tag is way to high. I know its 20 bucks but that not the point. I am also not sold on the row 5. I mean it shouldn't have any affect one way or another other then driving up price. I do wonder if this sets even going to get produced. I noticed it just hit MOQ which is pretty sad. I don't know if many of the addon sets will hit MOQ and if they don't I doubt the base will even meet MOQ as people will most likely cancel. I do want to say glad the designer tried something new. I hope maybe this will help the community grow as a whole. I look back at older sets there was typically 1-2 options and some base kits. Now it seems like designers want to run 3-4 buys at the same time.

Example is Carbon.. there was a number of base kits.. plus modifier kits etc etc. I think that's one of the biggest down falls. I know the community wants verity but at the end of the day. I think one single base kit plus addon kits is much better then running like 2 base kits.. 3 modifier kits etc etc. Cause it dilutes the discounts and ends up with people spreading out to much.

I agree. For example i believe the base set MUST be unique, not 2, that would make the price lower for more people and many more people happy to join.   
Also the extra mods to make it all "cream" it's  kinda pointless to be honest. 

Still joined tho. 

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 23:24:31 »

That complaint about the price has been brought up a few times, and I just don't get it.  It seems that most GMK sets these days are the same price for pretty much the same coverage that I've seen recently.  It seems to be the going price.  So why is this one singled out?  Is it just because of all of the other sets in it and the fact that people want those too?

Offline Atredl

[GB] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 00:21:14 »

That complaint about the price has been brought up a few times, and I just don't get it.  It seems that most GMK sets these days are the same price for pretty much the same coverage that I've seen recently.  It seems to be the going price.  So why is this one singled out?  Is it just because of all of the other sets in it and the fact that people want those too?
I think that since there are more kits people want to get more kits to get their ‘ideal’ kit. So the effective price for their ideal kit also goes up. Most people are complaining about the price but I think the real culprit is the amount of kits. Not only do people get discouraged because their appetite exceeds their wallet but the money gets spread out because there are so many kits and they end up competing with each other. I really think this is struggling because of option overload.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 November 2018, 00:34:06 by Atredl »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 00:25:43 »

I think that since there are more kits people want to get more kits to get their ‘ideal’ kit. So the effective price for their ideal kit also goes up. Most people are complaining about the price but I think the real culprit is the amount of kits. Not only do people get discouraged because their appetite exceeds their wallet but the money gets spread out because their are so many kits and they end up competing with each other. I really think this is struggling because of option overload.

i believe this is why as well, too much all at once,

Offline mimalik

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 09:14:31 »
Update.
Show Image

I think we are at point where it will be prudent to see if lowering MOQ with slight increase in price can be an option. My concern is for Beezarre and Cadet, hopefully other participants will be ok with it. I'd rather pay a bit more than not get kit at all.

I am sorry but such actions are not possible because there are people who are already IN with their money. The drop goes till the end as it is. At the end everyone will be able to adjust their order or cancel it (in case the wanted kit constellation does not met its MOQ).

Good thing is, there will be GMK Carbon with full cherry profile.  ^-^ This is success for me already. Of course i want every kit to happen but we will see how it plays out in the end.

Hi T0mb3ry,

Is there any possibility that you/MD can convince GMK to produce all the kits irrespective if they reach MOQ? This set is so unique design, color scheme and profile wise that all the kits deserve to be made, even if not hitting MOQ. I hope we get enough infusion from China/Asia proxies to make it up for numbers.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:08:27 »
Update.
Show Image

I think we are at point where it will be prudent to see if lowering MOQ with slight increase in price can be an option. My concern is for Beezarre and Cadet, hopefully other participants will be ok with it. I'd rather pay a bit more than not get kit at all.

I am sorry but such actions are not possible because there are people who are already IN with their money. The drop goes till the end as it is. At the end everyone will be able to adjust their order or cancel it (in case the wanted kit constellation does not met its MOQ).

Good thing is, there will be GMK Carbon with full cherry profile.  ^-^ This is success for me already. Of course i want every kit to happen but we will see how it plays out in the end.

Hi T0mb3ry,

Is there any possibility that you/MD can convince GMK to produce all the kits irrespective if they reach MOQ? This set is so unique design, color scheme and profile wise that all the kits deserve to be made, even if not hitting MOQ. I hope we get enough infusion from China/Asia proxies to make it up for numbers.
I cannot agree any more. MD can make recap in the future anyway. :thumb:
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 12:29:56 »
Massdrop made mint dolch with a low amount of orders so hopefully everything is made. 40% MOQ for Bone Base and 54% for Bonyard Alphas for my orders 

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 14:33:06 »
MOQ/Price sheet updated.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 14:58:13 »
Massdrop made mint dolch with a low amount of orders so hopefully everything is made. 40% MOQ for Bone Base and 54% for Bonyard Alphas for my orders

Mint Dolch had few kits.  I'd not count on all of them to get made.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 19:49:39 »
yeah wonder if anyone has any clue where mass drop will cut it off, think i need to flop from num warnings to f row and pull out of bezzarre and flop to bones since it looks like that may make it. still really hoping umka makes it though.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 20:41:10 »
Still hoping Carbon Cadet gets in, but it's been sitting for a while now.

Also, I'm not sure how things would work if Cadet doesn't make it. I get that it would be cancelled, but if it does get cancelled, I would want to shift to the Novelties and/or Assembly kits. Would there be a last-chance shot for something like that to happen?
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline silversung

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 22:25:53 »
I'm in for 4, 3 of which already met MOQ. Just hoping to see the Umka mod to reach MOQ, but not so hopeful with the trend for the last few days...

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 23:02:40 »
Really hoping warning signs number row hits it, although that's looking like one of the least likely to make it. Cadet not much better.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 23:16:59 »
MOQ/Price sheet updated.
Show Image

wait... does that mean bone base has to get 250 orders to make MOQ?  ****, I hope not.  It's beautiful.  You know, I still don't have carbon.  I don't know why.  It's right up my alley.  I love gray and orange.  But the thing that pulled me in was the bone set. 

Offline mimalik

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 11:19:46 »
I am pretty sure Umka will make it as its already at 78% to meet MOQ. My Beezarre and Cadet are suspects. I cant believe there isnt enough interest in orange alphas and/or cadet kit. I seriously hope that all the kits get made.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 14:22:24 »
Daily sheet update.

MOQ/Price sheet updated.
Show Image

wait... does that mean bone base has to get 250 orders to make MOQ?  ****, I hope not.  It's beautiful.  You know, I still don't have carbon.  I don't know why.  It's right up my alley.  I love gray and orange.  But the thing that pulled me in was the bone set. 

As i said previously you will be able to adjust your order in case some wanted kits will not make into production. Also its more likely that Massdrop will make the Bone base regardless of it not meeting the MOQ requirements. Bone base is a full set which can be offered later in a recap sale and that makes sense to make it happen. But this is not set in stone and is only my assumption. So don't quote me on this. We should wait until the drop ends ;)

Offline leece3

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 17:15:13 »
Hmm, good to know. Because I am not an Orange guy, and I also like the Bones basic set very much, and before I didn't have much hope, that it will make MOQ..

Besides the Bones color way, I am also interested in a) the R5 Control and Alt keys for old style WKL boards, as well as the R0 rows, which before I didn't know exist. But to my surprise, checking my
beloved original Cherry G80-1000 board, that one, although quite some age, doesn't have R0, just R1..
So to be honest, maybe I actually can easily live with R1 rows alone.

Anyway, rooting for the Bones basic set (haven't joined yet) and as well as the Bones dark alphas (but I am out for anything else and hoping for future R5 sets..)..

Cheers! (typing from a original Cherry WKL with R5 row..)

Offline leece3

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 17:17:33 »
> So to be honest, maybe I actually can easily live with R1 rows alone.

Must be: can easily live without R0...

PS. But R5 is definitely noice... (copy pasting with R5 Control..:)

Offline rondg

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 17:33:31 »
I hope there is an update if the kits will still push through. I ordered the Bones-themed kits and I am really hoping that it gets produced but if not, I would like to get the Carbon set.

Offline avid

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 18:40:01 »
As i said previously you will be able to adjust your order in case some wanted kits will not make into production. Also its more likely that Massdrop will make the Bone base regardless of it not meeting the MOQ requirements. Bone base is a full set which can be offered later in a recap sale and that makes sense to make it happen. But this is not set in stone and is only my assumption. So don't quote me on this. We should wait until the drop ends ;)

Will we have any more info before drop finish?

The issue i see is this.
I want a base-kit and prefer bone. If i order bone and it doesnt get through then im stuck with no base at all. I rather have orange base than no kit at all, and i assume you wont be able to add things after drop has ended if some kits doesnt make it through.

Offline MassdropYanbo

• Massdrop Mech Keys
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:49:30 »

The issue i see is this.
I want a base-kit and prefer bone. If i order bone and it doesnt get through then im stuck with no base at all. I rather have orange base than no kit at all, and i assume you wont be able to add things after drop has ended if some kits doesnt make it through.

Unfortunately, a lot of the decision on which kits will be made is dependent on what the order quantities look like after the drop ends.

We will of course reach out to those that have ordered kits that will not be made due to MOQ (hopefully none!). You will have the option of cancelling the entire order, take the order as is minus the kits not been made, or make changes to what kits are been ordered.

This will be a bit of a manual process so depending on how many people are affected, it might take a little longer to get to everyone.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:33:50 »
Update

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:43:02 »
Is there a render of bone alphas and umka mods?

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:57:27 »
Is there a render of bone alphas and umka mods?

There's one of Carbon Cadet and Umka mods on the drop page, which is quite similar.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:58:34 »

The issue i see is this.

Unfortunately, a lot of the decision on which kits will be made is dependent on what the order quantities look like after the drop ends.

We will of course reach out to those that have ordered kits that will not be made due to MOQ (hopefully none!). You will have the option of cancelling the entire order, take the order as is minus the kits not been made, or make changes to what kits are been ordered.

This will be a bit of a manual process so depending on how many people are affected, it might take a little longer to get to everyone.

Hi Yanbo,

Please please please get all the kits made irrespective of MOQ. Try to convince GMK that this could be a one off for low MOQ kits. This is a very unique drop and lots folks are backing out due to R0/5 keys and cost, due to this being a pioneer set with new tooling. But in future other kits will avail these developments. The color scheme here are so unique that it will be a travesty to not to reward those who are participating in it.

Let the sheeps be sheeps, we are willing to support our innovative kits, the effort deserves acknowledgement & reciprocity from vendor as well given our support of other GMK drops.   

Offline Lormania

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:48:21 »
In for bone base, boneyard alphas, and rolling bones. Throwing my weight behind these and hoping for the best. But boy was it expensive for just those three kits 😃

Offline Lotsati

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:04:56 »
Just committed to Assembly, Beezarre, Arrows, Novelties, Lambada, R0 Warning Signs. 480 shipped with no Base Kit in there at all jesus... I won't be sad one bit if some of those don't make it lol. Going to go for a Beezarre orange alphas themed Ergodox/split ortho board. Been messing around in photoshop with each kit and surprisingly the kit I didn't like the most (Beezarre) at first ended up being the most interesting to me. Really hoping those make it but it looks like they won't.

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 02:38:37 »
I'm not too familiar with GBs in general, can anyone tell me what the MOQ on the NOR/DE/UK kit is? Am I right in assuming it's 50?

Getting those keys is a dealbreaker for me and I wont be getting they base kit without it :S

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 03:29:27 »

The issue i see is this.

Hi Yanbo,

Please please please get all the kits made irrespective of MOQ. Try to convince GMK that this could be a one off for low MOQ kits. This is a very unique drop and lots folks are backing out due to R0/5 keys and cost, due to this being a pioneer set with new tooling. But in future other kits will avail these developments. The color scheme here are so unique that it will be a travesty to not to reward those who are participating in it.

Let the sheeps be sheeps, we are willing to support our innovative kits, the effort deserves acknowledgement & reciprocity from vendor as well given our support of other GMK drops.

I am sure they will do what they can but at the end of the day sure GMK doesn't care. I mean sad truth of this is, that GMK doesn't need the custom keyboard community stay afloat. In fact its most likely 1-100th of there entire business. That is what they are there a multi million dollar business.

I can't see Massdrop eating the price of the kits that don't make it. I mean it made since in the past they would since they were compatible with other kits and could be used in future remix drops are what ever there called. The fact this is row 0 and row 5 means its completely unique and not really interchangeable with other kits at this time.

I mean, I personally think Yanbo was being nice really nice and just trying to give a pep-talk to bolster numbers but grim reality is grim. I am not saying this to be a jerk just looking at it from a logical stand point.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 06:09:26 »
The Umka Mods kit with the R0 row needs 14 additional orders for MOQ:

Let me explain why we all need this... In the old age, when humanity knew that keyboards were very important, and an effort should be put in to make them as awesome as they could, whatever the cost, there was a distinct profile for each row.

Why? If you have R0 and R5, the caps then do a better job to compensate for the distance between them and your fingers by reaching out you.

However, as we all know, in recent times more and more commoners have learned how to operate a computer, and commoners do not have the cognitive capacity to know if the top and bottom two rows are the same profile or not, and how it is helping their daily keyboard activities. So, sadly, we have come to a time that it makes business sense to omit this vital function in the production of keyboards.

BUT, we here on GH know better. Those that have tasted the sweet nectar of R5 have never looked back, so it is also with the legendary R0. I play Starcraft II avidly and having a R0 F row on my RS96 with the GMK Iris set gives me a massive advantage since I can push those keys faster since they are closer to me since they are hard at work at REACHING out to me. Love those guys to bits. I think GMK Iris is probably the most ugly keycap set I've seen. I only bought them for R0. So I'm really excited to get these R0 beige to combine with my GMK classic beige set.

Also, the unique profiles for each row make keyboards more beautiful! Especially 40%-96% boards, since they make the landscape of the keyboard more varied, compensating for the lack of bezels inbetween keys! I've always found the double R1 rows make these keyboards look hideous.

But don't take my word for all this, try it for yourself! If you don't like you can always sell it. There are almost no GMK R0 sets on the market so it will be easy to sell at a good price.
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 07:12:42 »
Assembly kit is R1-R4 only. Yanbo, plz make it happen !!!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 09:03:26 »
I am sure they will do what they can but at the end of the day sure GMK doesn't care. I mean sad truth of this is, that GMK doesn't need the custom keyboard community stay afloat. In fact its most likely 1-100th of there entire business. That is what they are there a multi million dollar business.

I can't see Massdrop eating the price of the kits that don't make it. I mean it made since in the past they would since they were compatible with other kits and could be used in future remix drops are what ever there called. The fact this is row 0 and row 5 means its completely unique and not really interchangeable with other kits at this time.

I mean, I personally think Yanbo was being nice really nice and just trying to give a pep-talk to bolster numbers but grim reality is grim. I am not saying this to be a jerk just looking at it from a logical stand point.

Are you sure about that?  People said the same thing about SP for years.  But it turns out that custom keysets have grown so much as a business that they now make up a good percentage of SP's bottom line.  Without confirmation from GMK, I wouldn't bandy that around so much.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:19:04 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:22:56 by newbatthis »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:50:15 »
Update.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 13:04:10 »
Best of luck to Bone Base Kit & Cadet.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 14:11:17 »
Update.
Show Image

The struggle is real. What is GMK's stance on running alphas separate from mods? I know people like to have a nice base set, but then complain about the pricing. Maybe splitting them up into 20 more kits would have helped.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 14:23:59 »
Update.
Show Image

The struggle is real. What is GMK's stance on running alphas separate from mods? I know people like to have a nice base set, but then complain about the pricing. Maybe splitting them up into 20 more kits would have helped.

General rule with GMK keysets is: splitting is bad.

If you split base you will get worse per key ratio. Just compare pricing at equal moq of boneyard alphs and umka to one of the base sets.

The problem of this drop is the variety. Too many options and too many keys. For example Base sets have too much variety thus they cost 160$. But per key ratio is just fine.
Most problematic are the options and here is a good example why: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set/talk/2273756?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FUZWTE

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 14:33:34 »
Update.
Show Image

If you split base you will get worse per key ratio. Just compare pricing at equal moq of boneyard alphs and umka to one of the base sets.

The problem of this drop is the variety. Too many options and too many keys. For example Base sets have too much variety thus they cost 160$. But per key ratio is just fine.
Most problematic are the options and here is a good example why: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set/talk/2273756?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FUZWTE

So by going with the many kits stategy (a la Signature Plastics) backfires when it's GMK and has probably doomed this drop. There's going to be a lot of disappointed participants. Good luck to them.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 15:22:26 »
At this point looking for a miracle and healthy boost from Asian proxies to boost the #s. Good to see that Umka and Beezarre are still going up, even so slightly.

Does anyone know what is a typical order #s for GMK set from proxies? I understand they submit their orders at the very end.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 15:48:22 »
At this point looking for a miracle and healthy boost from Asian proxies to boost the #s. Good to see that Umka and Beezarre are still going up, even so slightly.

Does anyone know what is a typical order #s for GMK set from proxies? I understand they submit their orders at the very end.

don't expect too much
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bengine

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 15:50:20 »

I thought there’s no proxy for this drop at all? This GB is handled by MD only, iirc.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 16:04:25 »
Asian proxy to save the day, pls

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:03:24 »

How come it never struck me with this I don't know, but do you actually think that if you have combined the boneyard alpha into the Umka mods, you'd get another base set at literally the same price as the current price for the umka mods. The downside is the higher MOQ, but really, free boneyard alphas?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:17:07 »

How come it never struck me with this I don't know, but do you actually think that if you have combined the boneyard alpha into the Umka mods, you'd get another base set at literally the same price as the current price for the umka mods. The downside is the higher MOQ, but really, free boneyard alphas?

Yes. If boneyard would be combined with Umka into one base set it would cost 160$ at 250 MOQ. This is how it works. So basically every kit which is not Base kit has some kind of 'tax' in it and there is no way around it. But keep in mind the kits cost what they cost. There is no artificial price increase to get more money out of you. You pay really only for the manufacturing of those keys.

Small disclaimer:
by base kit i mean a specific kit with specific amount of keys and specific constellation of keys. To make it little bit easier to understand - the more keys a kit has the cheaper is the price per key. That's one very rough rule which does not take into account factors like: what type of keys those are? which colors are used? how many colors are used? etc. etc. etc. etc. factor after factor which do affect the price in some kind of way.

The calculation of the costs at GMK but also at SP is weird and very complicated and many people have no idea how complicated it really is. GMKs manufacturing process is very different from SP. I've been there and I've seen manufacturing and i know what i am talking about.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:29:48 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:50:02 »
tomorrow is gonna be weird lol will be waiting to see what makes it and what they dont bother with.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 18:25:24 »
Hopefully MD will have someone stay over the weekend and keep updating the numbers :(