Author Topic: [GB] QXP 60% Keyboard - Completed  (Read 117487 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [GB] QXP 60% Keyboard (Additional Spots. No Delays)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:34:59 »
So then we are behind schedule at least a couple weeks. These are updates that would have been good to know before the expected ship date already passed.
It's been almost a month since an update and production is scheduled to have been completed 4 days ago any chance we can get some info as to the current status of the buy?

Can't freaking wait.

Cases are in polishing. That’s where they have been for the last 3 weeks, this part takes a while since it’s a slow manual process. After polishing is anodizing.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

It takes how long it takes. He can’t make the factory hand polish faster. If you wanted a sooner update did you try contacting him?

Either way, I don’t mind waiting for quality. Given how nice the kyuus I got turned out, I’m very excited for these. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed, but yes, because the insides are being polished to avoid machining marks on the inside, the production time is longer than originally anticipated.

I never enter a GB expecting it to run on time, once I’m in I just put it out of my mind and get on with my life playing with the keebs I already have and then, surprise, shipping notice! Feels more zen that way

^this

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:38:18 »
So then we are behind schedule at least a couple weeks. These are updates that would have been good to know before the expected ship date already passed.
It's been almost a month since an update and production is scheduled to have been completed 4 days ago any chance we can get some info as to the current status of the buy?

Can't freaking wait.

Cases are in polishing. That’s where they have been for the last 3 weeks, this part takes a while since it’s a slow manual process. After polishing is anodizing.

It takes how long it takes. He can’t make the factory hand polish faster. If you wanted a sooner update did you try contacting him?

Either way, I don’t mind waiting for quality. Given how nice the kyuus I got turned out, I’m very excited for these. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed, but yes, because the insides are being polished to avoid machining marks on the inside, the production time is longer than originally anticipated.

I never enter a GB expecting it to run on time, once I’m in I just put it out of my mind and get on with my life playing with the keebs I already have and then, surprise, shipping notice! Feels more zen that way

^this
Theres a difference between expecting on time and expecting updates when someone has over 10 grand in other peoples money... I dont think that's too much to ask, but sorry for voicing my opinion

Offline SJHL

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:53:49 »

Can't freaking wait.

^this

I dont think anyone is questioning the quality. Simply curious on the status as we haven't heard from him in awhile. At least I am.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 19:06:12 »
I didn't intend my tone to come off as accusatory or implying there was anything to be worrying about as far as the status/schedule of the project.

That said, I agree with OnceSavedGaming that it's not unreasonable to ask for an update. Yes we all know it takes how long it takes and have faith the board will come out great that's why we bought it but is it really a lot to ask that someone's who I've paid a significant amount of money to report back to a thread once every 2-4 weeks for an update.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 19:53:45 »
If anyone isn’t happy with ship times... I’ll gladly take your spot

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 20:11:17 »

Can't freaking wait.

^this
Theres a difference between expecting on time and expecting updates when someone has over 10 grand in other peoples money... I dont think that's too much to ask, but sorry for voicing my opinion

Technically quantrik doesn’t have your money. PayPal does. A large portion of the funds is locked out until shipping but quantrik went out of pocket to avoid delays. He won’t get your money until he ships. I try to bug him to update when I think about it, but there just hasn’t been any new developments lately.

There is nothing wrong with asking for updates. Quantrik just is not a heavy geekhack user so most of the requests on here aren’t seen until someone tells him about them or bugs him to update elsewhere.

He calls out in the OP that he is primarily on discord. If you ask him for updates he provides them. Beyond that, me and some of the other discord users also try and pass info along to keep everyone updated. 

There just is nothing interesting to update right now. I assume he’s been waiting for andozing to start so he has something more meaningful to say or new photos or something.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 01:05:14 »
Sad to hear about the delay, I can't wait to finally have the case  ;D

As it feels like geekhack is 50% down of the day we can't really judge gb runners for slow communication. This website has become pita...

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 02:05:16 »
currently the Chinese government is working hard on the environment stuffs, which makes most aluminum factories suspended or can only work at night secretly.

therefore, most of keeb gbs got delayed. I got three kits stuck in the line, waiting until TBD
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 02:45:29 »
He tried to post this earlier but GH was “surprisingly” down.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:02:35 »

Offline ptiede

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:44:12 »
Ooooooof that looks amazing!

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:47:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Is this the blue grey? Cause that looks amazing!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 14:53:12 »
sorry, not sure what the color is... figured i'd share it for you guys who aren't on #kustoms all day
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:59:23 by ARSLOCK »

Offline hansichen

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:29:25 »
This board looks gorgeous. Hopefully red will turn out as nicely as this one  :eek:

Offline babyphil

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:30:16 »
yeah this is navy, figured i'd share it for you guys who aren't on #kustoms all day
We appreciate that.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:59:59 »
yeah this is navy, figured i'd share it for you guys who aren't on #kustoms all day

This is blue grey, not navy.

Pic of Quantrik's blue grey Kyuu for comparison.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:03:21 by zekkin »

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:03:45 »
We appreciate that.

I forgot he had navy and blue gray, so I'm not sure which one this is. sorry for any confusion shouldn't have assumed

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:53:43 »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 19:16:43 »
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline dantambok

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 20:00:02 »
Is pink actually pink or rose gold? The color chip is confusing
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 23:25:59 »
Show Image

Show Image

Is this Navy or Blue-Gray?

Also does anyone wanna trade a Navy WKL for a Navy/Black/Gray/Blue-Gray HHKB?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 00:01:22 by Mcnos »

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 00:00:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Also does anyone wanna trade a Navy WKL for a Navy/Black/Gray HHKB?
blue gray
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 01:34:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

It's blue

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 06:47:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

According to the order excel sheet, spot 96, a navy HHKB, is still available. I’d be interested in your WKL navy board but I don’t have a spot to trade :/ maybe you can ask Quan to give you spot 96 instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 15:32:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

According to the order excel sheet, spot 96, a navy HHKB, is still available. I’d be interested in your WKL navy board but I don’t have a spot to trade :/ maybe you can ask Quan to give you spot 96 instead?

Yeah I've reached out to Quan about a swap, but no good news. I did reach out about this order swap with 96 though, hopefully good news

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 20:12:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I've reached out to Quan about a swap, but no good news. I did reach out about this order swap with 96 though, hopefully good news

I tried to get 96 a couple weeks ago but never got a response. Good luck!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:14:04 »
If anyone is interested in trading a Blue Gray WKL spot for a Blue Gray HHKB spot please let me know on here, reddit (u/Tyson522) or Discord (Tyson#0001). I'd love to own one WKL board, but if nobody wants to trade I'll be fine with my HHKB. Can't wait to get these! They're going to look so awesome! Quan just told me "No trades for now." I'm still interested in trading my top for a WKL Blue Grey top after it arrives, if anyone is intersted in a HHKB Blue Grey top please let me know on here, reddit (u/Tyson522) or Discord (Tyson#0001), we can make plans to ship them as soon as they come in.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2018, 11:58:01 by tyson522 »

Offline zekkin

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:26:02 »
Quantrik dropped some factory shots in Discord yesterday.

Teal:

Pink:

Navy:

---

Personally I'm really pleased with how dark the navy is. Really excited now.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:31:24 »

Teal:

Show Image

Pink:

Show Image

Navy:

Show Image

---

I'm really kicking myself for not going with WKL, at the time HHKB was all the rage. I wonder if the HHKB layout is going to use a 7u spacebar or a 6u off centered. Actually, did we choose a PCB with the board? Or are we supposed to supply ourselves with one, I might go with another Zeal60 if possible. I really love it on my Kira60!

Offline typischt

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:35:41 »
Wow, those colors look amazing!

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 11:05:46 »

Teal:

Show Image

Pink:

Show Image

Navy:

Show Image

---

I'm really kicking myself for not going with WKL, at the time HHKB was all the rage. I wonder if the HHKB layout is going to use a 7u spacebar or a 6u off centered. Actually, did we choose a PCB with the board? Or are we supposed to supply ourselves with one, I might go with another Zeal60 if possible. I really love it on my Kira60!

PCB was optional as case is designed for use with any standard 60% pcb. He did have the option to add a pcb which he said would just be a DZ60 I think.
I'm pretty sure the HHKB layout for this is MX HHKB which is 7u spacebar.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Tyson

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 11:18:53 »

Teal:

Show Image

Pink:

Show Image

Navy:

Show Image

---

PCB was optional as case is designed for use with any standard 60% pcb. He did have the option to add a pcb which he said would just be a DZ60 I think.
I'm pretty sure the HHKB layout for this is MX HHKB which is 7u spacebar.

Yeah, I just went and looked at my invoice, I didn't go for a PCB, so I'll probably end up with a Zeal60 or something similar. I got my hands on one of KBDfans new 60% hotswap PCBs. It's Type-C and is MX HHKB layout with that 7u spacebar. I really like it, I'll just use that for the board. Should be great for testing out what switches sound the best on the board! I'm hoping to get some lubed Vint Blacks or MX Zilents for it. But I might try out my Outemu Sky's on it first!

Offline dantambok

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 11:32:14 »
Pink looks like rose gold but still looks ok. Can’t wait!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 12:58:24 »
Oh my god these teaser photos make waiting for this board even harder.

I need it in my hands right now!  :D

Offline Tyson

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:16:46 »
Would the KBD6X PCB will work with the HHKB top and plate?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:45:19 »
Think the 6x has to USB C ports on each side does it not?

Offline zekkin

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 12:45:53 »
Red btw...

Offline dallman5

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 12:49:02 »
Think the 6x has to USB C ports on each side does it not?

It does but they are very close to flush with the sides of the PCB. I threw one in my LZ CLSs just fine, for what it’s worth.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 13:11:56 »
Red btw...

Show Image

Damn! That is leaning towards a burgundy! Sexy af!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 15:54:52 »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 23:05:54 »
Is there an update out there at the moment?

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 14:45:47 »
Is there an update out there at the moment?

Latest word from the mk discord server was that they "might" ship to Quant next week'ish.
I don't know if this was confirmed in any way, though.

Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 00:56:12 »
Still looking to trade my navy wkl for any neutral or blue-grey hhkb top

Or just sell altogether
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2018, 15:46:19 by Mcnos »

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 14:11:34 »
is it too late to join this? Should I submit a form for the open spots?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 14:19:51 »
is it too late to join this? Should I submit a form for the open spots?

yes

might as well

Offline zekkin

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 05:38:49 »
More teaser pictures:

Assorted colors:

Blue Gray:

Red:

---

Disclaimer: I'm not Quantrik and I do not know anything about shipping.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 08:08:26 »
More teaser pictures:

Assorted colors:

Show Image

Blue Gray:

Show Image

Red:

Show Image

---

Disclaimer: I'm not Quantrik and I do not know anything about shipping.

Thanks bud! so exciting - I can see my board in there!

I missed these on the mechkeys discord and it is nice to see them cross posted.

Offline joe405

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 23:32:54 »
Oh my, those colours look amazing. Kinda regretting going for a "classic" silver colour.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 23:45:54 »
Oh my, those colours look amazing. Kinda regretting going for a "classic" silver colour.

Silver is goes with everything. I am sure your's will look awesome!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 23:55:47 »
Oof I’m glad I got the blue grey! What a sharp colour can’t wait for it