Author Topic: Well, there is another convert here. Just got my first mechanical board today.  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Spinsle McGee

After about half a year of intensive lurking/research, I finally decided on a keyboard that would fit my personal wants and needs. It was a rather long path, but to be frankly honest, it was a good path to go down. I initially wanted to go down the buckling spring path, but I was turned away by the 2kro, since I play loads of vidya gaems, that would not have been good for my everyday use. (that doesn't mean that I'm not going to consider one) I finally decided to go with the Leopold Tenkeyless with blues, and it's doing great so far.

One last thing, thanks to all of you on here for information, it has been very helpful in my quest to get my first mechanical board.
Keyboards: Leopold Tenkeyless, Steelseries 6Gv2, Wants an IBM Model M
Mice: Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, Razer Deathadder

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Congrats! Welcome to GeekHack. Prepare for addiction.

Offline Tony

Congrats! Please show some pictures of your keyboards and your switches.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline Spinsle McGee

I can already feel the need for more. This is not going to be good on my wallet.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Quote from: Spinsle McGee;388745
I can already feel the need for more. This is not going to be good on my wallet.

See signature.

Most were purchased in a 2 month period.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to Geekhack, now get out while you still can!  =D
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Tony

10 keyboards per Geekhacker is acceptable. More than that and you're our hero.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
I have a few  :sad:  

But I saw that ClickClack has 862+  :eek:
Keyboardless

Offline Spinsle McGee

As soon as I can acquire some means of earning money, I'll start raking in the boards. If that means panhandling, so be it.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
Quote from: Tony;388760
10 keyboards per Geekhacker is acceptable. More than that and you're our hero.

10 Keyboards????.... damn need to do some catching up then =P

Congrats on the new board....
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline Spinsle McGee

Quote from: ripster;388827
Gas can, cardboard sign asking for Gas Money, stand diagonal from Gas Station.

Best if you bring your GF and a baby.

Living the high life.

Offline AUAnonymous

Quote from: Spinsle McGee;388896
Living the high life.

Your avatar scares me. That is all.
Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Blacks) - First mechanical keyboard :D
Why don\'t you give Colemak a try? You\'ll like it, I promise.*

*Not a real promise

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Quote from: Spinsle McGee;388740
After about half a year of intensive lurking/research, I finally decided on a keyboard that would fit my personal wants and needs. It was a rather long path, but to be frankly honest, it was a good path to go down. I initially wanted to go down the buckling spring path, but I was turned away by the 2kro, since I play loads of vidya gaems, that would not have been good for my everyday use. (that doesn't mean that I'm not going to consider one)

Just to point out - I suspect 2KRO doesn't mean what you think - it doesn't mean that only two keys get registered, it means that certain combinations of more than two keys do not work. This is the way that 99% of keyboards out there work.

Offline Spinsle McGee

Quote from: ch_123;388968
Just to point out - I suspect 2KRO doesn't mean what you think - it doesn't mean that only two keys get registered, it means that certain combinations of more than two keys do not work. This is the way that 99% of keyboards out there work.

Thanks for clarifying.

Offline rightbraingeek

Quote from: reaper;388757
Welcome to Geekhack, now get out while you still can!  =D

Abandon hope and surrender to the mechanical keyboards!  I'm half-way to 10 boards and I joined in June. Absolutely LUV the better boards as my hand numbness gone away and my Doc has cancelled the carpal tunnel surgery so I'm still way ahead as far as potential $$$$$$$ spent.  Also have (3) sets of double shots on the way and I'm likely to order a WASD w/blues next month (instead of the oft mentioned but never seen Leopold FC500R) ... food is only for sustenance any way ;/.
FKBN104M/EB2 |  DK9000 | DK9008G2 |[/B] FKBN104MC/EB2 NEW! | LEOPOLD TKL NEWEST! | (On the GB-R4 Yellow Brick Road ... :D )

Offline skyblue

Quote from: rightbraingeek;388977
Abandon hope and surrender to the mechanical keyboards!  I'm half-way to 10 boards and I joined in June. Absolutely LUV the better boards as my hand numbness gone away and my Doc has cancelled the carpal tunnel surgery so I'm still way ahead as far as potential $$$$$$$ spent.  Also have (3) sets of double shots on the way and I'm likely to order a WASD w/blues next month (instead of the oft mentioned but never seen Leopold FC500R) ... food is only for sustenance any way ;/.

Whoa, nice! Never knew mechanicals could have such a huge impact on health.. congrats on the surgery being cancelled I guess?

OP: Listen to reaper before you find yourself digging through dumpsters to find used keyboards
Das Professional S | Filco Majestouch-2 104