Author Topic: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB OVER  (Read 77450 times)

Offline vicissitude

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Deskmat Design Announcement!
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 18:49:12 »
Love them so much.   :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you.
Only anxious for the GB to start early.

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 19:12:12 »
Really liking how this is progressing

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Klyback

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 05:47:57 »
Looks AMAZING!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 11:15:14 »
Without the novelties, I'm out, unfortunately.

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 11:44:54 »
One of my favorite movies of all time.  I'm in fo sho!   :thumb:   

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 15:33:34 »
Man, love those big typeface enter keys.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 02:34:36 »
Ne updates avail?

Offline tfcrackers

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 16:22:25 »
i'm a Michigan fan but love the look of this!  :))

Offline Warrenified

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB Date, Artisan Collabs, Iron165 Giveaway Announcement!
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 16:00:53 »
Some big announcements! Please give the IC a look and leave any feedback or thoughts you have!

Here is the gist: GB date is Dec 1st, artisan collabs with Alpha Keycaps and Latrialum, and an Iron165 giveaway.

Offline amuri99

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 19:49:01 »
Oh my God. I've been waiting for Rudy for so long. It is a little bit sad that the novelty kit is missing, but I still like Rudy.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 21:22:15 »
Would love to see some split bars, including 2u, in the dark horse alpha kit. Also, my other suggestion about adding 4, 1u ortho keys still stands.

Thanks for considering (again)!  :thumb:

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 00:55:09 »
Would love to see some split bars, including 2u, in the dark horse alpha kit. Also, my other suggestion about adding 4, 1u ortho keys still stands.

Thanks for considering (again)!  :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Warrenified

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB Date, Artisan Collabs, Iron165 Giveaway Announcement! (
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 14:59:28 »
Hey all!

There are some small changes:
1. An extra tab key has been added to the base kit to help provide 2 Rudy sets for 2 different boards of specific layouts.
2. A 1.25u space key has been added to the Spacebars kit!

All final renders have been uploaded. This includes the updated renders for the Fjell, Satisfaction 75, and RAMA U-80 to convey the removal of the Novelties kit.

The final renders hae been submitted to GMK for final price quotations!

Thank you all so much!

-Warren
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:05:13 by Warrenified »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Big Kit Changes!
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 15:27:03 »
Yes for extra tab!

I hate to ask for one more key but... how about a 1.25u R3 Function key in the base kit? Then it supports most 40% keyboards as well.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 00:45:57 »
Only one picture on the OP is working for me. Are pictures working for everyone else?

Offline rondg

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 00:51:44 »
Only one picture on the OP is working for me. Are pictures working for everyone else?

I can see all the pictures

Offline consumer

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 04:27:36 »
I have an ortholinear board, will this set fit? Love the colors.

Offline noorejji

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Big Kit Changes!
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 06:02:41 »
how about a 1.25u R3 Function key in the base kit? Then it supports most 40% keyboards as well.
+1 :thumb:

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 19:00:49 »

Physical support is there but the legends will not be correct. You'll have to use PgUp, PgDn, and a few other incorrect legends. Some of Cannon Keys other sets have included ortho support (correct legends), so I'm a bit disappointed this one hasn't.

Offline consumer

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 19:10:21 »

Physical support is there but the legends will not be correct. You'll have to use PgUp, PgDn, and a few other incorrect legends. Some of Cannon Keys other sets have included ortho support (correct legends), so I'm a bit disappointed this one hasn't.

What a shame! Disappointed too  :(

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 08:42:47 »

Can I offer that maybe the rest of the group buy doesn't need to subsidize your specific layout preference?

I say this as both a 40s and ortho user myself.

There are dozens of potential configurations for the modifier keys in these non-standard layouts. In fact I rarely see people using those keys to mean with the legends say they mean.  So what you are asking for is a very specific aesthetic preference to be met, which will appeal to only a subset of individuals within an already niche sub community.

I see this over and over in keyset interest checks and I'm sick of it. This kind of bellyaching (often from people who aren't likely to buy GMK anyway) leads to $55 40% kits that don't make MOQ. Meanwhile there are people out there who basically can't use GMK on their staggered 40% keyboards at all because they couldn't buy the kit containing the one or two keys they needed, because its size and price were bloated by a local minority asking for every possible legend/row/color combination.

There was a time not long ago that people except it when you use something non-standard you will have to make aesthetic sacrifices. Recall that even things like HHKB backspace/pipe/fn weren't always a given. But at least that's 3 unambiguous keys, not some arbitrarily large number.

In my opinion if you are going to add anything to the kit it's baseline 40% row support, which consists of 1-3 keys and makes previously impossible layouts possible. Grow it to 5 keys and you can support the Boardwalk layout (and related split ergos) as well. That's much more important IMO than ensuring pretty legends.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:18:19 »

Can I offer that maybe the rest of the group buy doesn't need to subsidize your specific layout preference?

I say this as both a 40s and ortho user myself.

There are dozens of potential configurations for the modifier keys in these non-standard layouts. In fact I rarely see people using those keys to mean with the legends say they mean.  So what you are asking for is a very specific aesthetic preference to be met, which will appeal to only a subset of individuals within an already niche sub community.

I see this over and over in keyset interest checks and I'm sick of it. This kind of bellyaching (often from people who aren't likely to buy GMK anyway) leads to $55 40% kits that don't make MOQ. Meanwhile there are people out there who basically can't use GMK on their staggered 40% keyboards at all because they couldn't buy the kit containing the one or two keys they needed, because its size and price were bloated by a local minority asking for every possible legend/row/color combination.

There was a time not long ago that people except it when you use something non-standard you will have to make aesthetic sacrifices. Recall that even things like HHKB backspace/pipe/fn weren't always a given. But at least that's 3 unambiguous keys, not some arbitrarily large number.

In my opinion if you are going to add anything to the kit it's baseline 40% row support, which consists of 1-3 keys and makes previously impossible layouts possible. Grow it to 5 keys and you can support the Boardwalk layout (and related split ergos) as well. That's much more important IMO than ensuring pretty legends.

The keys I proposed earlier would have been 4, 1u keys - two of which are legend agnostic. These 4, 1u keys add $2 to the base kit and yes I have evidence to back this up. That $2 would likely be absorbed by the vendor since a price of $137 or $142 is not the standard way to price things.

The Boardwalk would need 8 total keys added, not a measly 5 BTW. 2 1.5u of each row. Those 8, 1.5u keys would be much more than the $2 ortho support would add to the base.

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:36:44 »
Hi, I'm not sure I should do this but I feel like I should say "something"

I'm one of the partner vendors who run's summitcables.

We will have 2 colorways and 2 sizes available.

1 will be 6" coil 4ft /
2 will be 6ft /

There will be 2 colorways to this.

These will be custom detachable colors for this set. I will be posting a prototype tomorrow or monday at the latest, I am terrible sorry for the lack of information and prototypes in general. I have been extremely busy, however rudy is looking to be a really good set! and I hope I can bring cool cables to the table :)

Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline vi0till

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB Date, Artisan Collabs, Iron165 Giveaway Announcement! (
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 22:22:09 »
Does this set still schedule on Dec 1?

Waiting for the prices.

Hey all!

1. An extra tab key has been added to the base kit to help provide 2 Rudy sets for 2 different boards of specific layouts.

All final renders have been uploaded. This includes the updated renders for the Fjell, Satisfaction 75, and RAMA U-80 to convey the removal of the Novelties kit.

Thank you all so much!

-Warren

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 02:37:39 »
Maybe it's just me - but all but one picture on OP is not working.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 02:40:12 »
Does this set still schedule on Dec 1?

Waiting for the prices.

Hey all!

Thank you all so much!

-Warren

Hey! Yes, the GB is scheduled for Dec 1st still. Prices will be going up tomorrow, thanks for all the patience :)

Maybe it's just me - but all but one picture on OP is not working.

I've heard several people have this issue. It's usually due to the browser you're using. Could you try viewing it another browser perhaps?

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 11:04:20 »
Hey all, the prices are here. I will be posting the US vendor prices in this comment. Please check the OP for the proxy prices!

Base Kit: $129.99
Dark Horse Alphas: $71.99
Spacebars: $21.99

Thank you for your patience! A lot has gone on behind the scenes to lower the prices of these kits to make GMK Rudy as affordable as possible.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 11:05:53 »
Hey all, the prices are here. I will be posting the US vendor prices in this comment. Please check the OP for the proxy prices!

Base Kit: $129.99
Dark Horse Alphas: $71.99
Spacebars: $21.99

Thank you for your patience! A lot has gone on behind the scenes to lower the prices of these kits to make GMK Rudy as affordable as possible.

!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 11:07:05 »
Great pricing, that's basically $225 for 2 keyboards covered and a spacebar kit.

Offline mr scooty

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Kit Pricing and GB Date Announced
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 12:03:02 »
anyone have thoughts on how this will color match with the SP-111 in blue that's running right now?

Offline orim23

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 13:39:52 »
anyone have thoughts on how this will color match with the SP-111 in blue that's running right now?
There are no blue spacebars in the spacebar kit. so not possible to make a dark horse sp111.
Wanted a blue sp111 until I saw rudy won't come with blue split spacebars. probably getting it in white now.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 13:50:59 »
There are no blue spacebars in the spacebar kit. so not possible to make a dark horse sp111.
Wanted a blue sp111 until I saw rudy won't come with blue split spacebars. probably getting it in white now.

I can't imagine it would add too much to the cost of the kit to add in split bars. Not doing so just hurts MOQ because less are inclined to buy now. Also, since he isn't taking profit on the Dark Horse alphas, it seems even more bizarre not to include the split bars.

Warren, what's your reasoning for not offering split bars with Dark Horse alphas? GMK Coral's kit had split bars, extra Tab mod, AND UK ISO support in it's Coral Relief kit for only 10 more dollars.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2019, 13:54:39 by nasp »

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 14:30:41 »

I can't imagine it would add too much to the cost of the kit to add in split bars. Not doing so just hurts MOQ because less are inclined to buy now. Also, since he isn't taking profit on the Dark Horse alphas, it seems even more bizarre not to include the split bars.

Warren, what's your reasoning for not offering split bars with Dark Horse alphas? GMK Coral's kit had split bars, extra Tab mod, AND UK ISO support in it's Coral Relief kit for only 10 more dollars.

Although I think the kits are priced nicely for what we’re offering, they are still higher compared to some sets that we will be competing against in Dec. Dark Horse is already expensive as is, and more people would be less inclined to pay $81.99 as opposed to $71.99 for something they won’t use. Simply put, there’s not enough users for them to make it worth seem less appealing to the majority.

It sucks and I’m sorry about that.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 15:00:33 »
I don't agree with that assessment, especially price. Coral's alpha kit had a lot more keys, which was my point with it's $10 price above Rudy's. Since you'd probably only be adding 3 bars to the kit, 1.25u, 2.25u, and 2.75u, I doubt the price would jump up $10.

Split bars are becoming increasingly popular and 40s folks could have purchased an alpha kit since all they would need is modifiers (CR 40s mod kit is running soon).

IMO it's much better to make your kit accessible to as many boards as possible, especially if that only comes at the cost of 3 physical keys. Those 3 keys would probably only raise the cost of the kit by $5. Folks who are already buying base plus an extra alphas kit probably don't care about $5 if it means extra compatibility with a layout they might use in the future.

Offline orim23

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 16:30:48 »

Although I think the kits are priced nicely for what we’re offering, they are still higher compared to some sets that we will be competing against in Dec. Dark Horse is already expensive as is, and more people would be less inclined to pay $81.99 as opposed to $71.99 for something they won’t use. Simply put, there’s not enough users for them to make it worth seem less appealing to the majority.

why not add the blue split spacebars to the spacebar kit. its priced at 22$.
I paid 30$ for the metropolis spacebar set.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 21:42:37 »

^ this

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 06:45:33 »

+1 for split blue spacebars, even if it drives the cost up a bit

Offline Warrenified

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB LIVE @ 12 AM EST DEC 1st
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 19:27:01 »
Hey all! Just wanted to bump this thread and let you all know that GMK Rudy is going live in approximately 3.5 hours at 12 AM EST! Thank you all for your patience, feedback and support! I will be linking the GB thread below. All information regarding vendors, cable sales, and artisan raffles can be found there.

GB THREAD

Offline Warrenified

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB LIVE!!
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 23:17:41 »
GB IS LIVE!

GB THREAD
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 November 2019, 23:20:35 by Warrenified »