Author Topic: [IC] Satisfaction 75 - 75% w/ OLED and Knob (4/25 UPDATE - 5/6 GB START)  (Read 130748 times)

Offline rondg

Re: [IC] Satisfaction 75 - 75% w/ OLED and Knob (4/25 UPDATE - 5/6 GB START)
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 11:15:23 »
Weight part 2:
https://www.instagram.com/cannon.keys/p/Bww3MSxnYDC/?igshid=qs6ykdcl760l

Is it still a limited, FCFS group buy?

EDIT: Oops. Read the first post. That answered my question.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2019, 17:00:29 by rondg »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 11:35:54 »
Weight part 2:
https://www.instagram.com/cannon.keys/p/Bww3MSxnYDC/?igshid=qs6ykdcl760l
Ooh, that's looking hot. Let me in already!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #352 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 21:55:48 »
oof fcfs

The rotary encoder would be super fricking useful for me, and it matches my guitar lmao

fingers crossed i guess for a lot of units and a low price

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #353 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 22:36:00 »
ok seriously where do i get one of those knobs. or twenty of those knobs.

Offline gotemall

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 09:29:50 »
@UPAS, I have already purchased 4 boards this year so far, I said I wouldn't get anymore, however I am seriously considering this one.

Will this board be available with the LOW PROFILE "KNOB" similar to the various ones in your original posts like the ones below. If so then this will be a definitive buy for me.

The low profile KNOB along with the circular/rounded top just looks so awesome. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your response will be a yes to this.

Or does anyone else know?

Thanks

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #355 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 10:15:09 »
@UPAS, I have already purchased 4 boards this year so far, I said I wouldn't get anymore, however I am seriously considering this one.

Will this board be available with the LOW PROFILE "KNOB" similar to the various ones in your original posts like the ones below. If so then this will be a definitive buy for me.

The low profile KNOB along with the circular/rounded top just looks so awesome. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your response will be a yes to this.

Or does anyone else know?

Thanks

From my perspective, I don't care terribly if the GB comes with a low profile knob or not. I'd like a lower profile knob too, but that's something that I think would be fairly easily obtained after the GB. I'm sure there will be dozens or even a hundred+ people that will want a lower profile knob and it's not rocket science to have one manufactured.

Offline upas

« Reply #356 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 11:12:59 »
I've always said that I would not hold up the GB for a custom knob.

That said, I think a lot of people are going to be very happy.

The GB thread with GB information has been posted, it's waiting to get approved :)

Offline xedith

Is there going to be a pre-built option or is it just a kit you must put together? Never put together a keyboard kit so it'd be a shame if I destroy such a beautiful keyboard.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
I've always said that I would not hold up the GB for a custom knob.

That said, I think a lot of people are going to be very happy.

The GB thread with GB information has been posted, it's waiting to get approved :)

:eek: <3

Offline upas

Is there going to be a pre-built option or is it just a kit you must put together? Never put together a keyboard kit so it'd be a shame if I destroy such a beautiful keyboard.

This will just be a kit - the group buy thread is live and has more information!

Shameless plug - I have a kit called the Practice 60 on my store, CannonKeys.com. You can practice soldering on it, and at the end, you'll have a fully functioning 60% keyboard.
The whole idea is to practice there, so if you mess up, its cheap, but you get soldering practice before working on a $400 custom kit.

Offline Cbisquit

• Twitter
I finally remembered to check back on the site today and the group buy was all sold out, dadgum!  Congrats on the success though! Well-earned for a beauty such as this.

I'm definitely interested in snatching it up from the next batch, if that happens.  Made sure to sign up for updates  :D

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Shameless plug - I have a kit called the Practice 60 on my store, CannonKeys.com. You can practice soldering on it, and at the end, you'll have a fully functioning 60% keyboard.
The whole idea is to practice there, so if you mess up, its cheap, but you get soldering practice before working on a $400 custom kit.
Practice60 is legit. Durable. Not swiss cheese. Get 2 in the kit. Allen Iverson. Cheap! All bases hit.
I recommend soldering, desoldering, then soldering again. Repeat on second board. Then repeat til you're good.
I'm sure the Satisfaction75's PCB will also be robust like all Upas' PCBs, but if you ever have to solder, let's say, on a CA-66/Moon TKL/Canoe/other high end keyboard that looks great but doesn't have as nicely made PCB, being good helps keep you from lifting a pad.