Author Topic: [IC] GMK Nines (GB IS LIVE!)  (Read 94729 times)

Offline ChrisSwires

Re: [IC] GMK Nines (Accent kit?)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 03:02:32 »
Damn, this sure is annoying. I want to please everyone, so divided camps really make it difficult here.

People who don't like accents can just not use them.

Make it how you like it.
Agree tbh, I won't use the accents, I'll still buy the set, I don't use 9009 accents either. Still love it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [IC] GMK Nines (Vendors confirmed)
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:03:40 »
4 Accent keys will be added, and vendors are confirmed. For the US, we will be assisted by kono, EU the lovely folks over at mykeyboard.eu, and for asia and international, KBDfans!

I am waiting for new kit render with the accents, and also new quote from GMK. I plan to launch this in April, so in about a month! :) Thank you everyone for the kind words and assistance with feedback, means a lot!

Also, please consider adding the signature from the opening post if you want to support this set! (Made by my useless paint skills, please get in touch if you can make a better one) <3

Offline Coreda

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:13:29 »
Interesting. I actually thought the name was a reference to Nier: Automata initially, given the color scheme similarity to the menus and UI and one of the two main characters being named '9S' (called 'Nines' by 2B).

213622-0
213624-1

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:21:31 »
Interesting. I actually thought the name was a reference to Nier: Automata initially, given the color scheme similarity to the menus and UI and one of the two main characters being named '9S' (called 'Nines' by 2B).

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

It's a play on the colors, N9 and U9, but now that you mention it... :D I can't take credit for that, but yes that does also make a lot of sense.  :eek:

Offline dantambok

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 06:26:44 »
Interesting choice to pick kbdfans for asia since usually it's zfrontier. But no biggie, their service is top notch! Excited for the GB  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 07:35:01 »
Interesting choice to pick kbdfans for asia since usually it's zfrontier. But no biggie, their service is top notch! Excited for the GB  :thumb:

I was interested in zFrontier, but to my understanding they are experiencing staffing issues right now which has made quite a few GB and customers suffer as of late. I would love to work with them in the future, but for now I will use weis assistance, as he proxied Linjär for me as well. :)

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 07:43:04 »
4 Accent keys will be added, and vendors are confirmed. For the US, we will be assisted by kono, EU the lovely folks over at mykeyboard.eu, and for asia and international, KBDfans!

I am waiting for new kit render with the accents, and also new quote from GMK. I plan to launch this in April, so in about a month! :) Thank you everyone for the kind words and assistance with feedback, means a lot!

Also, please consider adding the signature from the opening post if you want to support this set! (Made by my useless paint skills, please get in touch if you can make a better one) <3

Good job,Emir.
Thanks for bringing this set to us.
I'll stick to the vendor.
Hope to get this set after a few months.  :thumb:

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 07:59:22 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

This just made me want the set more :D

Offline okidna

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 09:49:42 »
I always say YES to simple and soothing/relaxing colorways so YESSSS, let's make this happen!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:21:19 »
ANSI/ISO enters, Esc and Num Enter are the keys that I will offer accents for. I was thinking about doing arrows too, but decided against it. These 4 are enough while also keeping price low.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:28:58 »
Updated the basekit with accents, also added 2 shots of accented Jane v2!

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 13:28:04 »
Looks awesome!
Updated the basekit with accents, also added 2 shots of accented Jane v2!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 14:11:17 »

Thanks for the update, excited for the buy! As for Kono for US, is there any way to make sure Kono ships in boxes? And not one month after everyone else?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 14:38:35 »
will look amazing with titanium gray

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 14:53:27 »
I love this subtle colourway! I'd be in for this run.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 17:12:11 »
Any hope for a purse, instead of down arrow, for caps?

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 17:30:11 »
Please no. Just my opinion, though, but I hate the purse.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 19:45:26 »
Is this same color or different from bone alpha in GMK Carbon?
Thanks!

Offline krey

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 19:49:16 »
I like the new name.

NINE NINE!
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline dilkROM

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 20:21:02 »
Wow, this set is really beautiful! I am quickly going bankrupt with this hobby but I'll be following and maybe selling some things to get in the GB.

My 2 cents is that the name GMK Nines is rad. Very sweet and simple and clean. Also, before reading the thread I didn't know what it meant and I liked discovering that back story.

As others have said, I'd be super keen to see the colors reversed, if that's ever an option (though I get that this isn't focus now).

Keep smashin'! :)

Offline leexy

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 21:23:07 »
although I'm still on the fence about this set, I like the decision to go with KBDFans  :thumb:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 02:06:55 »
Is this same color or different from bone alpha in GMK Carbon?
Thanks!

Both colors are different. These are stock colors, Bone/boneyard use custom colors.

No purse. :/

I plan to launch this in April! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 02:21:45 by Emir »

Offline digid3ar

Re: [IC] GMK Nines (Coming in April)
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 02:53:36 »
that big enter keycap  :eek: :cool: nice!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 05:15:41 »
As others have said, I'd be super keen to see the colors reversed, if that's ever an option (though I get that this isn't focus now).

I think it should be run as a separate GB, called GMK Senin.  :cool:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 05:56:08 »

Interest for this is actually kind of high, but I promised myself to only put out things I'm interested in myself. We will see after this run how I feel about it!

Offline h3xadat

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 11:17:19 »

Interest for this is actually kind of high, but I promised myself to only put out things I'm interested in myself. We will see after this run how I feel about it!

Come on. Doesn’t it feel good if there is so much interest ;)

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:23:31 »
Please add an ISO UK back into the base kit.

This was, until the removal, a guaranteed purchase for me.

Adding minimal compatibility is frankly worse than not adding it at all (obviously my opinion).

Totally understand that this is your call, but I find this gradual eradication of a previously standard GMK offering to be a terrible community decision.

If it's not feasible to add into the base kit, due to community pressure, at least offer it as a separate kit for those that would like to support it.

The fact that this is made available in the EU makes it far more likely to reach MOQ than of it were sold via a US store alone.

Cheers,
 - bit-shifter

Cheers!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:44:05 »
I understand not including ISO-UK will make me lose out on a few purchases, similarly not offering ortho support does the same - I understand this. :( I would like to please everyone, but on a whole, this is the best solution in my opinion and the basekit will stay as is for this run.

Some happy updates! I noticed I only had renders on dark boards, so here's what it might look like on silver boards!

Offline pcire

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:47:35 »
Looks beautiful! All the renders pushed me over the edge! I’m in!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 16:04:32 »
Looks beautiful! All the renders pushed me over the edge! I’m in!

Happy to hear! Oblotzky is doing a fantastic job and is really patient with me. I definitely recommend having him help out if anyone plans on running a set!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 18:20:27 »
I understand not including ISO-UK will make me lose out on a few purchases, similarly not offering ortho support does the same - I understand this. :( I would like to please everyone, but on a whole, this is the best solution in my opinion and the basekit will stay as is for this run.

Some happy updates! I noticed I only had renders on dark boards, so here's what it might look like on silver boards!
Show Image

Show Image

They all look nice as well.  :thumb:

Offline fr08

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 19:27:41 »
Nice looking - but can someone explain to me why some sets do a down arrow for Caps Lock? Wouldn't that mean the opposite - a "Lowercase Lock"?

This symbolizes all capitals, locked.

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 21:09:52 »
I don't think N9 is going to give the same effect as what the renders show. The renders show a gray closer to GD (same as Space Cadet gray). N9 is just going to look black. Somebody already posted the real colors:

This set will look amazing with Dolchini... Can you go ahead and GB now?
Show Image

This does not look like the renders.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 21:32:32 »
I don't think N9 is going to give the same effect as what the renders show. The renders show a gray closer to GD (same as Space Cadet gray). N9 is just going to look black. Somebody already posted the real colors:

Show Image

Agree N9 will look much darker than the renders.  The renders seem closer to Oblivion mod color which I believe is color matched to GQM not GD.

I'd be really excited if I can mix this set with Oblivion.  GQM monotone and Oblivion with Icon mod will be possible.

EDIT: I believe SA Carbon mods are GQM as well.  Inline with the OP's inspiration.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 21:42:03 by OracleKev »

Offline Coreda

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 21:42:40 »
Nice looking - but can someone explain to me why some sets do a down arrow for Caps Lock? Wouldn't that mean the opposite - a "Lowercase Lock"?

Yeah, that's the standard symbol, seen either like that or some variant on desktop devices to mobile OSes. Though idk how many custom sets actually utilize the symbol vs say the text by itself (which seems to be common apart from the 'purse' style symbol).

May have just been added to make it a bit different, which conceptually I can get if it's thought about from a 'keep shift held down' type way. Would be interesting to hear what the thinking behind it is.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 21:47:08 by Coreda »

Offline fr08

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 23:06:25 »

Yeah, that's the standard symbol, seen either like that or some variant on desktop devices to mobile OSes. Though idk how many custom sets actually utilize the symbol vs say the text by itself (which seems to be common apart from the 'purse' style symbol).

May have just been added to make it a bit different, which conceptually I can get if it's thought about from a 'keep shift held down' type way. Would be interesting to hear what the thinking behind it is.

It's been around for decades but I still don't get the rationale. This set isn't for me since it lacks nordic support and AltGr, I was just curious since it seems a recurring theme.

I'm a bit peculiar when it comes to keycaps... I'd rather have no legend or something completely different than something that in my mind is "wrong". If it said "blah" instead of a down arrow I'd be more interested lol. Same with Alt and AltGr, but even more irritating since it's so close to being right. Could never use Alt where AltGr is supposed to be. I touch type and everything but keycaps legends are important for me, for purely aesthetic reasons.

What this set does better than most though is using only symbols on Backspace, Tab, Enter and Shift. And ÷ instead of / on the numpad. That in my mind is the "correct" way.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 23:17:14 by fr08 »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 02:13:28 »

Show Image

N9 is one of those colors that will look different depending on lighting, maybe more so than most. There is no way to depict it perfectly, but I belive Oblotzky has rendered it well - he has access to it in real life as well. In poor lighting, it will look almost dark with no other pure black sources around, in other environments with good lighting, it'll look a lot brighter.

Here's a cap in good lighting shopped onto the basekit render, it's not far off.

However, as these are stock GMK colors, there are many sets utilizing both colors - please look up references for these colors before deciding to purchase if you are not sure what they look like in real environmkents. I would hate to have someone disappointed, especially when there are so many resources for these. :'(

Here's also GMKs own render for reference, do note that these have a tendency to be off at times - even when rendering the same color (I don't know why):
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 February 2019, 02:15:24 by Emir »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 03:05:14 »
Personally I find N9 to be grey, maybe a bit darker than the render but clearly grey. Especially when compared to GMK black

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 03:19:39 »
Personally I find N9 to be grey, maybe a bit darker than the render but clearly grey. Especially when compared to GMK black

Most of us have N9 caps somewhere.  Dolch mods, Terminal, Violet Tendencies, etc.
Take a look.  IMO, N9 is nice, but GQM is significantly better.

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 06:10:14 »
I've changed my mind and now agree with OracleKev- GQM would look amazing on this set and would capture the aesthetic of the renders.

If you don't want people disappointed, then I would say update the renders. If you want to give people the renders, then use GQM.

Most people don't type in studio lighting. Warmer indirect lighting on this set (as depicted in your signature) will definitely not bring out the colors that way- it will simply look black.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 06:12:20 »
I've changed my mind and now agree with OracleKev- GQM would look amazing on this set and would capture the aesthetic of the renders.

If you don't want people disappointed, then I would say update the renders. If you want to give people the renders, then use GQM.

Most people don't type in studio lighting. Warmer indirect lighting on this set (as depicted in your signature) will definitely not bring out the colors that way- it will simply look black.

GQM raises MOQ to 250 (currently 150 since all stock colors). Also might as well have bought Carbon Boneyard at that point.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 06:21:13 »

I understand how you feel, and sure we can speculate that specific custom colors might be a better fit, but this set is N9 and I believe the renders are fine. I love N9, and so do many others, but that doesn't mean that your feedback is unjustified. On the contrary I love that you take time to leave your own thoughts on the set and everything surrounding it, thank you!

It's stock GMK colors, one of the most popular colors at that, there are many references for people to know what they are getting.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:26:09 »

I understand how you feel, and sure we can speculate that specific custom colors might be a better fit, but this set is N9 and I believe the renders are fine. I love N9, and so do many others, but that doesn't mean that your feedback is unjustified. On the contrary I love that you take time to leave your own thoughts on the set and everything surrounding it, thank you!

It's stock GMK colors, one of the most popular colors at that, there are many references for people to know what they are getting.

Thanks for your consideration.
N9 is nice and the stock color MoQ is a definite plus.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:30:55 by OracleKev »

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 08:38:44 »
Also might as well have bought Carbon Boneyard at that point.

Just googled, did not realize this set (using GQM) could be created using these kits. Thank you!

Also, the photoshopped pictures of photographed N9 into the render *did* look pretty far off to me, so I went ahead and adjusted the render to match it:

(This is considering that the top of the photographed is glaring)

This seems to me to be a better representation of what the set will look like.

For easy comparison:

I love N9, and so do many others, but that doesn't mean that your feedback is unjustified. On the contrary I love that you take time to leave your own thoughts on the set and everything surrounding it, thank you!

Positive attitude greatly appreciated :) I think we both intend for the best interests of everyone.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 08:40:40 »
Also might as well have bought Carbon Boneyard at that point.

Just googled, did not realize this set (using GQM) could be created using these kits. Thank you!

Also, the photoshopped pictures of photographed N9 into the render *did* look pretty far off to me, so I went ahead and adjusted the render to match it:

Show Image

(This is considering that the top of the photographed is glaring)

This seems to me to be a better representation of what the set will look like.

For easy comparison:

Show Image

I love N9, and so do many others, but that doesn't mean that your feedback is unjustified. On the contrary I love that you take time to leave your own thoughts on the set and everything surrounding it, thank you!

Positive attitude greatly appreciated :) I think we both intend for the best interests of everyone.
This is much more accurate

Offline garbo

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 09:39:09 »
I wouldn't really say that's necessarily more accurate. The renders just look that way because of the specularity of the material and the flat, even illumination.
It's not hard to find images of GMK terminal/skidata from a GIS that look like either one of those shades in real world indoor environments, it just depends on what sort of light they're in.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:01:11 »
I wouldn't really say that's necessarily more accurate. The renders just look that way because of the specularity of the material and the flat, even illumination.
It's not hard to find images of GMK terminal/skidata from a GIS that look like either one of those shades in real world indoor environments, it just depends on what sort of light they're in.

I agree with this, both are representations of N9 dependant on lighting conditions.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 12:01:34 »
Quotes are in from GMK for the updated kit, I will start working on prices. I'll let you know ASAP! :)

Offline Kyru

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:42:47 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

It's a play on the colors, N9 and U9, but now that you mention it... :D I can't take credit for that, but yes that does also make a lot of sense.  :eek:
I thought the same thing. The resemblance to the Nier Automata menu system is uncanny. I'd be down for this set if it had Nier Automata novelties.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk