Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1623346 times)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #5650 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 08:29:14 »
Hello everybody...

I am very happy and thankfull to HoffmanMyster that got all the parts from the Prof. Now my question is, who would be able to assebmle my parts? My parts are all with HoffmanMyster and hope there is someone who could proifessional assmble and soldier my board :)

Thanks you
FabsSpeed

You're referring to a different group buy. You're looking for the Phantom GB which can be found here.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #5651 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 08:46:43 »
Hello everybody...

I am very happy and thankfull to HoffmanMyster that got all the parts from the Prof. Now my question is, who would be able to assebmle my parts? My parts are all with HoffmanMyster and hope there is someone who could proifessional assmble and soldier my board :)

Thanks you
FabsSpeed

sorry :) Thank you

You're referring to a different group buy. You're looking for the Phantom GB which can be found here.
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline Turbinia

« Reply #5652 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:46:45 »
I would be willing to put something towards shipping. I wouldn't mind proxying, but I don't have anyone on the forum that could vouch for me. I paid for assembly and don't require that, so if those funds exist you can use them.
| Dolch | KBT ONE | QFR w/PBT | Poker II |

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #5653 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 18:20:28 »
If memory serves me, I think I just ordered the PCB.  Just throwing a message into this thread so I can hopefully get ahold of it soon, then figure out what to do with it, haha. Maybe if someone is able to provide switches/assembly I could pay for some of their shipping/etc as well.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5654 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 19:17:56 »
If memory serves me, I think I just ordered the PCB.  Just throwing a message into this thread so I can hopefully get ahold of it soon, then figure out what to do with it, haha. Maybe if someone is able to provide switches/assembly I could pay for some of their shipping/etc as well.

you saying you need assembly? if that's what you are saying, I'm local bro, hit me up, that is of course when these materialize, could be a while aways

Offline gimpster

« Reply #5655 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:59:50 »
I presume a consolidated address update process will be rolled out soon-ish?
-Ryan

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5656 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 00:47:41 »
I presume a consolidated address update process will be rolled out soon-ish?

I'll publish the list of users with their respective proxy, so you'll know who to contact if you need to update anything.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5657 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:18:06 »
Proxy Update

Since we're going to have to charge shipping for each order, we will need to confirm your order, shipping address, etc., before anything is shipped to you.

We're sorting through our respective lists and setting up a conference call/chat to coordinate our efforts and setup a game plan on how we'd like to proceed. We should have that done this week.  Our goal is to get this processed and shipped as fast as possible. We're as eager as everyone else to get this resolved.

Once we have a game plan in place, we'll post it here so that everyone knows what the next steps are and where we are in the process.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5658 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:02:03 »
I know this has the potential to open a whole different can of worms, but since we're going to have to be paying for shipping, will we be able to transfer our order at this time?  I'm at a point where seeing the board will just piss me off, so I'm planning on selling mine.  I really don't want to have mine shipped to me and then have someone pay the original price (which included shipping), new shipping price, and then shipping on top of that.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5659 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:50:41 »
I know this has the potential to open a whole different can of worms, but since we're going to have to be paying for shipping, will we be able to transfer our order at this time?  I'm at a point where seeing the board will just piss me off, so I'm planning on selling mine.  I really don't want to have mine shipped to me and then have someone pay the original price (which included shipping), new shipping price, and then shipping on top of that.

The proxies can discuss this when we chat - it would probably be best to be consistent between the three of us.

Speaking only for myself I don't have an issue transferring an order, but I imagine that quite a few people might ask for the same thing.  If there's suddenly an influx of GH60s for sale on the market, it could take quite some time for many of them to sell.  I am not interested in holding on to these for weeks/months waiting for people to sell their board.  But maybe if we implemented a "you have until we reach your order to sell it" type rule?  Not sure the best way to go about it.  But we'll discuss it, I'm sure.

Even if all orders are transferred immediately, it still opens us up to a huge potential for mistakes and a lot of time sorting/rectifying that.  It's far from ideal, IMO.

Offline agor

« Reply #5660 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 02:03:48 »
What about the european plates, are they already on the way to BunnyLake?
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline vorn

« Reply #5661 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 02:11:26 »
When last I spoke with Bunny he said he didn't have any plates, stabs or the bulk of the switches. Anyone know if those are expected to be sent to him to fulfil the European and international orders?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5662 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 06:10:04 »

The proxies can discuss this when we chat - it would probably be best to be consistent between the three of us.

Speaking only for myself I don't have an issue transferring an order, but I imagine that quite a few people might ask for the same thing.  If there's suddenly an influx of GH60s for sale on the market, it could take quite some time for many of them to sell.  I am not interested in holding on to these for weeks/months waiting for people to sell their board.  But maybe if we implemented a "you have until we reach your order to sell it" type rule?  Not sure the best way to go about it.  But we'll discuss it, I'm sure.

Even if all orders are transferred immediately, it still opens us up to a huge potential for mistakes and a lot of time sorting/rectifying that.  It's far from ideal, IMO.

It's likely that a lot of addresses would have changed, and why you are confirming addresses. In that process the original buyer can probably give you the address of the buyer they are selling too. The seller will organise to have the money sent to them for the new shipping and whatever price they sell their order for and transfer the shipping funds to the proxies. The proxies can set a time until which address changes can be sent till. Any address changes received after that will be processed after the orders that have been confirmed before the due date.

This should release some work from the proxies.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #5663 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 12:51:34 »
So is this actually happening now?

Besides that, the community effort into this revival has been amazing, one day I'll find enough time to read through all 114 pages of this darn thread.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #5664 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:13:36 »
In case anyone wants to sell their place in this GB, I'd take one. I'm really just after an assembled PCB, but if your order includes a plate and stabilisers I'd still take it. No switches though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2016, 19:14:30 by Ludovician »
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5665 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 19:37:43 »
ohhhh, I was late to the proxy party :(
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5666 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 01:59:42 »

wanna help?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5667 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:48:59 »

wanna help?

I'm always done to help :)

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5668 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:53:01 »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5669 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:07:35 »

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #5670 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 06:12:57 »
Who's in charge of shipping now? I'll most likely need to change my shipping address before these ship out since I'll be moving back to China in April.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5671 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 06:29:14 »
PLEASE do not contact your proxy YET! They will let you know when they are ready.

If you are not in the list you better contact me ASAP instead.

EU and International orders are all through BunnyLake

================================

PROXY: Mashby

WhiteFireDragon
Loligagger
viasacra89
affect656
Muffet
badcop
mashby
pd_snipe
elton5354
esoomenona
samwisekoi
rknize
Germiphene
jdcarpe
Glod
jspark
Index
myndzi
IvanIvanovich
oneproduct
Atlas
THE_PUN_STOPS_HERE
Grimey
Regack
duq
watterrbottle
aggiejy
tjweir
Turbinia
iMav
Trueno86
Greystoke
n0rvig
ekw808
precarious
funkymeeba
cgbuen
nebo
funinthesun69
skkhai
DrSchlock
rymnd
jolonnar
domoaligato
Binge
winzds
registered99
kravlin
T0ken
viasacra89
tricheboars
vorn

PROXY: SpamRay

salmo
Caceous
reca
tadbitnerdy
annerick
RickyJ
terminal_geek
electrogeek007
xavierblak
chel-
fydo
orca416
engicoder
durandalx
olaph
r3dx
Turkishrambo
kinruan
Atakp
Acetrak
hellocodes
madderoftime
whiteduck
danielucf
LastAndroid
whiskytango
TheProfosist
thegagne
orlando
jabar
TheQsanity
rtos
ComradeSniper
Dubsgalore
Leslieann
kdash4
modulor
JWK
digitalleftovers
hashbaz
feng
John Fourth
ferociousfingerings
gimpster
wildcard
j2c8w6f8
Thechemist
do_Og@n
3rdo
SIfo
PaperDollMan
stoic-lemon
Robstero
spamray

PROXY: HoffmanMyster

jcrouse
i488
Gameaholic
MKULTRA
latin00032
polarpigs
nubbinator
mark0331
CPTBadAss
disperse
NumberJ
TheFlyingRaccoon
Kabuks
ramshao
metalliqaz
fl0w3n
flowbish
gomez18
Tranquilite
OddOne
i3oilermaker
Viett
gtarget
boost
CommunistWitchDr
Beauthegamer
Halverson
Rashunaleyes
Strelok
gnubag
Keebo27
WRXChris
Infallible
Lugoues
mistakemistake
prdlm2009
eyesmiles
Glissant
miscsubbin
bw
ApocalypseMaow
YUIOP
metafour
ninjadoc
Jorgenstein
Sai
Autolyze
Inochi
Jocelyn
Dj1113
registered99
spdx
GeorgeK
HoffmanMyster
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 February 2016, 06:35:53 by Matt3o »

Offline vorn

« Reply #5672 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:09:48 »
vorn

Hey Matt. I'm an international order, so you can remove me from this grouping.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5673 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:17:07 »
Having dealt with spamray, I can vouch for him and say he is a great guy and an excellent proxy!

Offline vorn

« Reply #5674 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:20:56 »
vorn

Hey Matt. I'm an international order, so you can remove me from this grouping.

Unless this is for the plate, stabilisers and switches (which I'm told Bunny isn't in possession of) ???

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5675 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:36:08 »
thanks for the heads up vorn, for some reason you ended up in the US orders.

Offline vorn

« Reply #5676 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:42:27 »
No problem. Are you aware of any plan for the plates, switches and stabilisers for EU and international orders? When last I spoke to Bunny he said he wasn't in possession of them.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5677 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:53:03 »
we need to ship them to bunny but we are desperately out of cash...

Offline vorn

« Reply #5678 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 08:02:44 »
Okay cool. Well I'll watch this space for any collection of funds towards the fulfilment of our orders.

Possibly to contact all on the EU / International list, and those willing to pay to get the remainder of their parts can split the shipping cost.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Offline mauri

« Reply #5679 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 08:57:02 »
The shipping will be pretty expensive though I reckon. I'll gladly pay 10-20$ but more than that and I'll just write it off as a loss. Might make more sense to ship everyones plate/switch/stab order separately after paying for the shipping. I really don't know.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5680 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 10:04:52 »
The shipping will be pretty expensive though I reckon. I'll gladly pay 10-20$ but more than that and I'll just write it off as a loss. Might make more sense to ship everyones plate/switch/stab order separately after paying for the shipping. I really don't know.

We're nailing down our shipping options now, but initial estimates range from $9 to $14 for priority mail. This is preliminary though and nothing is finalized.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #5681 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 10:16:35 »
I'm willing to toss in extra to try to get the plates and stabs to bunny, and PCBs to the US. No fair anyone gets stuck with only half what they paid for.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5682 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 10:56:10 »
let's be terribly honest here.

shipping 200-ish plates from US to UK would be incredibly expensive. I guess in the thousands-$$ so we need to make some serious magic here. We are trying to recover the little funds left, I'll know how bad the situation is in few days. The alternative would be to find a US proxy willing to ship internationally.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #5683 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 11:36:14 »
yay

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5684 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 11:56:20 »

shipping 200-ish plates from US to UK would be incredibly expensive. I guess in the thousands-$$ so we need to make some serious magic here. We are trying to recover the little funds left, I'll know how bad the situation is in few days. The alternative would be to find a US proxy willing to ship internationally.

I'm down for International once we get the US orders moving.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5685 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 13:46:17 »
Can we work out how much it will cost for the EU remaining plates, and split the cost?

Offline regack

« Reply #5686 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 13:55:08 »

I'm down for International once we get the US orders moving.

As Mashby is my proxy, when we work out the shipping, I can kick in some extra to help cover some of the int'l shipping costs.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 February 2016, 19:39:07 by regack »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5687 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 13:56:30 »
How did we end up with so little money left?  Based on prices that we've been told (especially the plates), I know most of the stuff was under the charged price and shipping was paid as part of the original price.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #5688 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 15:30:48 »
I'm an international order, but I'm on SpamRay's list.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #5689 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 18:56:28 »

PROXY: SpamRay

olaph

Thank you proxies!!!

I want to note that my username changed to oluf.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5690 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 19:04:09 »

From what I understand that was in error.

Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:16:03 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5691 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 23:17:10 »

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm intl too, technically, and on ray's list.
I love Elzy

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5692 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 00:09:58 »
The heroes of geekhack stepping in is extremely inspiring. Hopefully the curse is broken

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5693 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 00:14:06 »
mashby, moose is currently permabanned. do you have any way to get in contact with him? if not, i can be of service.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5694 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 04:00:48 »
How did we end up with so little money left?  Based on prices that we've been told (especially the plates), I know most of the stuff was under the charged price and shipping was paid as part of the original price.

That question wasn't answered a year ago, and I'm pretty sure it won't be answered this time either. We can only speculate that the cost of transferring the money back and forth from accounts has cost a lot. Moving the merchandise must have ended up eating up a big chunk of the shipping too. Or maybe the "extra" money was used years ago by the organizer before he left. Maybe someone used some of the money for audio equipment. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Does it make a difference what happened after all this time? *shrug*

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5695 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 05:31:47 »
I do not know where the money went. I only know what we are left with, which as of now is about $1500. More funds are said to be available somewhere but we haven't seen them yet.

Consider that we had to move the pcb and plates to Samwisekoi and to Bunnylake, and now we have to ship them to proxies.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5696 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 06:51:50 »

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm intl too, technically, and on ray's list.
We are handling CONUS and Canada :thumb:

Offline mkaito

« Reply #5697 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 08:55:50 »
Was the rest of the stuff shipped to Bunny? How much do we EU folks need to put towards shipping?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5698 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 22:51:24 »
Good to see this moving along. PM me if you need anything SpAmRaY.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5699 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 22:53:13 »
Made a post in classifieds, but getting rid of my order.  I believe swill's link still works for those who want to get rid of theirs as well.