Author Topic: Help with old Xerox keyboard  (Read 814 times)

Offline jjjesss

Help with old Xerox keyboard
« on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 07:27:22 »
Hi:

I own the keyboard you can see in the attached images. It's a Xerox keyboard (spanish layout), but I'm not sure about the model. In the backwards there is a label that reads as: "L.P.: L19"... so, is "L19" the model/type of this keyboard?

I've tried to use it with a modern computer using a DIN5pin to PS2 adapter plus a PS2 to USB adapter. It doesn't work, some red led turn on and off again and I can see a lot of USB erros in the console. This keyboard used to work 30 years (or so) ago, with a PC (running W95).

So, I need help to identify the proper type/model of this keyboard and some idea about how to get it working again. I've read about the 5pin DIN connector, the two protocols XT/AT... so could it be an XT connector? I would say that it's an AT connector, because it used to work in the past, with a PC.

Thanks in advance,

Jes

Offline Tactile

Re: Help with old Xerox keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 09:59:15 »
That converter won't work.
306983-0

It's a passive converter. You need an active converter. There are lots out there from many vendors. Here's one, but not all look like this.
306985-1

And you might need to try several active converters to find one that works for you. They don't all work with different keyboards & different computers.
REΛLFORCE

Offline jjjesss

Re: Help with old Xerox keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 14:52:18 »
Ok, I see. Thank you very much... I'll try with one similar to that.

Thanks again, br