Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blue Mod Set (Final Render & Pricing Received) Going Live April 3rd!  (Read 1836634 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
Due to me getting cmyw done faster than I expected and a few other factors I have decided to move up the start date.

ETA: April 4th!

Offline gravenshard

• vagabondage
Due to me getting cmyw done faster than I expected and a few other factors I have decided to move up the start date.

:-*

Offline slickmamba

da hype
Hi :)

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
 :cool: Good Guy billnye

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Awesome!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
GOOD , Look forward to this mod,

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

**** YEAH!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

So excited for this. Full sets are starting to become a problem for me price wise :(
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Why not April 20?
4/20.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline billnye

• ability man

Why not April 20?
4/20.
Time is of the essence in order for me to complete this before I start senior year which will be super busy with college apps and other stuff :)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
I looked but didn't see this answered. Is this the same brighter blue as what EK has correct? Not the darker blue used in all the RGB sets
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline billnye

• ability man

I looked but didn't see this answered. Is this the same brighter blue as what EK has correct? Not the darker blue used in all the RGB sets
Yes this is the same blue EK uses!

Should allow people looking for a few extra keys to buy some from them as well

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos

Yeeeeee~ The hype is real.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found

thanks for the quick answer. That blue is very nice looking, so will this  :)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

Whoa, great news everyone!

Good Guy Bill.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Need more GMK goodness already! Hurry up April 4th

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

So keen to spend money!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

So keen to spend money!

GMK is always worthy of money!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body

So keen to spend money!

absolutely agree

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

So keen to spend money!

absolutely agree

Ah if only I could find a way to make people to keen to throw money at me :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
It's coming, very soon.

Offline tanker666

• Izaayaaa!
Is the green mod pack shelved for later this year or was it dumped completely?
If so will you choose the green for the pack from the Esc pack billnye?
I'm in for the blue mods just asking because I want greeeens as well :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:29:11 by tanker666 »

PurePro

Offline billnye

• ability man
It has been scrapped, many people didn't like the color :/

I put that colorway into the escape pack as a nod to our fallen brother ^-^

Offline tanker666

• Izaayaaa!

Well, I hope the day will come when there will be a GMK green mod pack  :'(
Anyways I am happy with the blue and ESC pack for the time being. What is the MOQ for the packs?

PurePro

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Anyways I am happy with the blue and ESC pack for the time being. What is the MOQ for the packs?

It should be 250 as the pack takes standard colors only.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

So keen to spend money!

absolutely agree

Ah if only I could find a way to make people to keen to throw money at me :))

Cover yourself in GMK sexyness  :))

Offline billnye

• ability man

It should be 250 as the pack takes standard colors only.
Yes 250 for each set!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
I am very interested in this so count me in for AT LEAST 1. Also Bill I don't know you but I watched your live stream and know you do a lot around here so this is my preemptive thank you for putting this together and everything else you do for this community  :thumb: I'm really sad I didn't find about the CMYW in time any who this looks  great.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline billnye

• ability man

I am very interested in this so count me in for AT LEAST 1. Also Bill I don't know you but I watched your live stream and know you do a lot around here so this is my preemptive thank you for putting this together and everything else you do for this community  :thumb: I'm really sad I didn't find about the CMYW in time any who this looks  great.
Thanks!

Offline effectiveduck

Not sure if this has already been asked, but what's the shipping cost (Australia specifically)?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Not sure if this has already been asked, but what's the shipping cost (Australia specifically)?

Small packages like this are usually around $12 to $15.

Offline effectiveduck

Small packages like this are usually around $12 to $15.

USD i assume, thanks!

Offline billnye

• ability man

Should be $~8

Offline Giorgio

Too bad for the windows logo, I hate it... but sadly maybe that's not enough for not ordering it :-[
If you are considering to add a couple of blank keys (standard 1.25)... I would like it so much!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
I'll take a set when it's live.
... ...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I'll take a set when it's live.

Everybody will take one; even, those that do not have a Cherry set yet, would get one in preparation to get some mix and match fun. Those with an old Cherry set, already know it does not fit modern ANSI keyboards, and they know well a set like this will turn an otherwise incomplete set into a modern one that fits their recent acquired MX board.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Too bad for the windows logo, I hate it... but sadly maybe that's not enough for not ordering it :-[
If you are considering to add a couple of blank keys (standard 1.25)... I would like it so much!
I sent gmk an email earlier today to get a quote with 2 1.25x keys added. Shouldn't change price that much

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I sent gmk an email earlier today to get a quote with 2 1.25x keys added. Shouldn't change price that much

Good man

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
No R5 (A-profile) keys in this set. :thumb:

You da real MVP.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Johan

You da real MVP.
Lol'd.
Y u gotta be like dat? D:
Uh, stuff.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

You da real MVP.
Lol'd.
Y u gotta be like dat? D:

Because someone has to stir the pot just because.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=276lhppnkmj95peov76th9pj86&topic=63161.0
Interesting in this! :thumb:
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Once I wake up tomorrow I'll submit the post. Then we'll have to wait for Hoffman to approve it :p

Gonna go ahead and announce it now:

The first 100 people to order sets will be put in a raffle for 10 color-matching bro bots. Each person can only get 1, so if you are one of the first people to get in this, you have a 1/10 chance of getting a sweet v2 to match this set :D

edit: just a heads up I did change the price to fully account for random fees and stuff that came up while doing cmyw :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:27:17 by billnye »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Oh nice.  Great incentive to join early on. :thumb:

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
I have a feeling you're going to end up with cancelled orders for every sick bastard that just wants a unique cap but didn't make it in the winners circle

Offline xixihaha2008

I'll take 2 sets ;D ;D

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Whatever happened with this?     
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline billnye

• ability man

Whatever happened with this?   
Haven't heard back from them, but I won't change the cost.  The final set will include those caps though.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Dibs on first order.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Form filled and submitted, sir!  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards