Author Topic: My Unfortunate Transaction with Fragil1ty  (Read 35347 times)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: My Unfortunate Transaction with Fragil1ty
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 15:03:20 »

Although I think Fragility's behavior is repulsive, self-serving and contradictory. There is really no need to start this thread.The simple answer is just file a paypal complaint and let them deal with it.

Paypal only allows for chargebacks within a certain amount of time.

You need to deal with Paypal and/or your financial institution. In your case you'll get your money back.
If you chargeback through your bank your paypal goes negative and they pass the charge onto a debt collection agency

The seller is ultimately responsible responsible until the board reaches the buyer.

Not necessarily. I've had to make several transactions myself where I clearly stated that I would not take responsibility for the product after I've posted it for customs / protection issues with paypal. This is more dependent on the transaction terms.

i'm just going to 'speak up' on the pay as goods thing.

remember that this is between a canadian and a european.  NOT between american and american.

if europe to canada is as bad as canada to europe, then paying with goods [properly] would have required tracking which would have cost upwards of $40-$50 USD with proper packaging.

yes...people are going to say 'suck it up'....i'm not trying to defend one side or the other.  facts are good yes?

Going to second this.

It has nothing to really do with the fees and more to do with the power of the buyer to chargeback. The seller is forced to take tracking and this would make the whole transaction pointless as it would be cheaper to get a brand new one within NA.

Though, as I mentioned about the chargeback power of the buyer, the buyer must be more aware of this loss as well as be more careful with who to pay in this fashion

As for the situation on hand... I'd honestly like to know what problem there was with shipping.

Personally if someone gives me the wrong address to ship to, I'm not refunding that shipping money. I always verify 2-3 times with the buyer before shipping to avoid such hassles. If they screw up all 3 times then tough luck.
If however I made the mistake on the shipping forms and didn't write the correct address or anything I'll gladly take the hit and reship ASAP.

I've been on both sides of the witch hunt myself, publicly and privately. You could have honestly had good intentions and the person just gets angry at you for some reason and starts a witch hunt against you. I sold some audio gear a while back. Made sure to clarify in my listing that goods were cosmetically damaged but fully functional with picture proof. The guy gave me problems throughout the entire payment phase and after receiving the stuff he comes out and tries to put me out as a scammer. Go figure.

After reviewing all the posts made here in this thread however I really feel like frag may have just been hoping that tofu would just sit quiet until it was more convenient for him to return the money

Complaints and chargeback are two separate things.
Chargebacks are not automatically passed to a collection agency.
If you use PayPal, sellers are responsible for shipping until the product reaches the buyer just because you say aren't responsible doesn't absolve you of that liability during disputes that PayPal handles.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 15:39:44 »

Although I think Fragility's behavior is repulsive, self-serving and contradictory. There is really no need to start this thread.The simple answer is just file a paypal complaint and let them deal with it.

Paypal only allows for chargebacks within a certain amount of time.

You need to deal with Paypal and/or your financial institution. In your case you'll get your money back.
If you chargeback through your bank your paypal goes negative and they pass the charge onto a debt collection agency

The seller is ultimately responsible responsible until the board reaches the buyer.

Not necessarily. I've had to make several transactions myself where I clearly stated that I would not take responsibility for the product after I've posted it for customs / protection issues with paypal. This is more dependent on the transaction terms.

i'm just going to 'speak up' on the pay as goods thing.

remember that this is between a canadian and a european.  NOT between american and american.

if europe to canada is as bad as canada to europe, then paying with goods [properly] would have required tracking which would have cost upwards of $40-$50 USD with proper packaging.

yes...people are going to say 'suck it up'....i'm not trying to defend one side or the other.  facts are good yes?

Going to second this.

It has nothing to really do with the fees and more to do with the power of the buyer to chargeback. The seller is forced to take tracking and this would make the whole transaction pointless as it would be cheaper to get a brand new one within NA.

Though, as I mentioned about the chargeback power of the buyer, the buyer must be more aware of this loss as well as be more careful with who to pay in this fashion

As for the situation on hand... I'd honestly like to know what problem there was with shipping.

Personally if someone gives me the wrong address to ship to, I'm not refunding that shipping money. I always verify 2-3 times with the buyer before shipping to avoid such hassles. If they screw up all 3 times then tough luck.
If however I made the mistake on the shipping forms and didn't write the correct address or anything I'll gladly take the hit and reship ASAP.

I've been on both sides of the witch hunt myself, publicly and privately. You could have honestly had good intentions and the person just gets angry at you for some reason and starts a witch hunt against you. I sold some audio gear a while back. Made sure to clarify in my listing that goods were cosmetically damaged but fully functional with picture proof. The guy gave me problems throughout the entire payment phase and after receiving the stuff he comes out and tries to put me out as a scammer. Go figure.

After reviewing all the posts made here in this thread however I really feel like frag may have just been hoping that tofu would just sit quiet until it was more convenient for him to return the money

Complaints and chargeback are two separate things.
Chargebacks are not automatically passed to a collection agency.
If you use PayPal, sellers are responsible for shipping until the product reaches the buyer just because you say aren't responsible doesn't absolve you of that liability during disputes that PayPal handles.

Charging back the paypal charge with your bank will definitely cause you to go negative on your own paypal account.

And that last point is the reason some people have to use paypal gift.
I'm not paying $40 for tracking for a single set of springs to Australia which would be less than $10 otherwise. Though, without the tracking I have no insurance or proof and therefore make it clear that it's at their own risk for shipping and not my responsibility.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 15:52:59 »
In your example, you can send First Class International through USPS and add the tracking info manually.

Offline tbc

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:20:45 »
In your example, you can send First Class International through USPS and add the tracking info manually.

?

who are you replying to?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 17:35:02 »
Got paid yet?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 18:39:23 »

?

who are you replying to?
The guy who posted before him.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 18:44:24 »

You can get tracking with First Class International?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 18:50:21 »

Only from certain countries to certain others.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 18:59:52 »

But not "from:US" to "anywhere" is my understanding from several conversations with PO employees.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 19:00:07 »

Almost every one I've sent has had tracking but I also used USPS website to ship them all.

Offline tbc

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 19:03:15 »

?

who are you replying to?
The guy who posted before him.

that's what I thought.

but glitch3d is canadian.  so is nubs saying there is a way to get first class tracking on packages sent FROM canada to australia and cheaper than $40?

EDIT:

USA to Canada first class had tracking...BUT i'm not sure if it just says first class intl on the label but the shipper actually paid for priority (i've had 2 instances of first class shipping on the usps.com tracking site, but the buyer said they paid for priority)
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 March 2015, 19:04:57 by tbc »

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 19:16:00 »

Is the cheapest way for me to send springs tracked to Australia using a thin padded envelope.

This is the reason that charging for tracking isn't feasible.

Another note is that option only covers maximum $100 worth of goods, I'd have to take the $70 option to add extra insurance for higher value items.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 19:22:56 »

But not "from:US" to "anywhere" is my understanding from several conversations with PO employees.

Any country with reciprocity.  I've shipped First Class International and had it tracked to Canada, Australia, the UK, and most European states I shipped to.  I've even had tracking show up for Taiwan and other places in Asia.  Some places give a blow by blow, either on USPS or the country's own mail, others just do delivery confirmation.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 06:56:31 »
Some places give a blow by blow, either on USPS or the country's own mail, others just do delivery confirmation.

It always seemed to me that the package would be tracked to the customs office of the destination country, but no further. I could be wrong, as often happens.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 09:45:10 »

Some places give a blow by blow, either on USPS or the country's own mail, others just do delivery confirmation.

It always seemed to me that the package would be tracked to the customs office of the destination country, but no further. I could be wrong, as often happens.
Well, once it reached the destination country, one code use the tracking code eg Royal Mail's or USPS' in the local country Post website and it will then tracked the package locally. It's super integrated even on such a backward country like Malaysia's :p

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 10:03:45 »

Well, once it reached the destination country, one code use the tracking code eg Royal Mail's or USPS' in the local country Post website and it will then tracked the package locally. It's super integrated even on such a backward country like Malaysia's :p
What about such a backward country like Philippines?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 10:23:43 »
I don't know actually. If the destination is some fishing village in one of the 1000 islands, it's unlikely they will be tracked. Lol.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 15:27:54 »
LOL. Glad I don't live there anymore

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 15:33:39 »
Pro tip: If you ever have to sign a customs declaration form, you can track the package by the declaration number.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 18:20:25 »
Pro tip: If you ever have to sign a customs declaration form, you can track the package by the declaration number.

Canada's CN22 customs form does not have a tracking number.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 18:25:32 »

Canada's CN22 customs form does not have a tracking number.

My mistake, I meant a US Customs declaration form. There is a claim number on all of them, and it works as a tracking number on a few sites such as trackitonline.ru.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:41:04 »

What about such a backward country like Philippines?

The Postal System here is a joke.  I should take pictures the next time I pick up a package there.

As far as anything incoming is concerned, I just sit and wait for a postal card informing me to pick it up at the post office so that they can rape my wallet on taxes and customs duties (while rampant smuggling and tax evasion continues)   Sometimes it gets marked delivered after I pick it up but even that is after a few days.

Incoming mail takes anywhere from 20-35 business days since the manual sorting here takes forever...screening packages to steal takes time.  Thankfully I've not lost anything in the mail yet.

*knocks on wood*

For outgoing mail, the first tracking step locally is "consolidated for export".  The next notification is that the item has been sent abroad, but this isn't always updated and tracking usually just resumes when it arrives in the destination country.

Offline dante

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:49:54 »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:51:30 »
This thread should be dead.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:55:36 »
So you think it's OK for a member to sell someone something claim shipping problems, then sell same item to someone else and still refuse to refund original purchaser?

I mean at least leave it open until OP let's us know he got a refund.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:57:28 by SpAmRaY »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 08:08:47 »
So you think it's OK for a member to sell someone something claim shipping problems, then sell same item to someone else and still refuse to refund original purchaser?

Whoa whoa, those are some wild accusations. I am just tired of the whole community freeking out over this when we have all agreed that here is nothing we or e mods can do for the OP. You all need to chill out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 08:17:21 »

Whoa whoa, those are some wild accusations. I am just tired of the whole community freeking out over this when we have all agreed that here is nothing we or e mods can do for the OP. You all need to chill out.

And those aren't made up accusations, it is a simple recap of what happened here and why this thread was posted.

One thing we as a community can do is not do business with people who are shady.

I get it things happen but I don't think we should just sit around going oh well sucks for you maybe one day you'll get your money back.

I wish people knew how often this crap happens,  most people just stay quiet and never say anything.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 09:01:11 »

If you are tired of this, just do not read it. Let other people to get involved with the issue. Is true mods cannot do anything, but we can be witness in behalf of the OP to see if the running seller rectifies his conduct and pay the money he owe.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 09:11:20 »
I wouldn't say that the community can't do anything for the OP. It can band together for solidarity in support of the OP and refuse to deal with the accused until the situation is rectified. That counts as something.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 09:25:05 »
I wouldn't say that the community can't do anything for the OP. It can band together for solidarity in support of the OP and refuse to deal with the accused until the situation is rectified. That counts as something.

Regardless of any agreement, anybody reading this will likely be skeptical of any sales now

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 09:33:53 »

That's kind of assumed now anyway... Even if he has made transactions in the past with no problems the way he has handled this whole situation has been so appalling that it would make anyone who can read stay clear.

There are a bunch of items I would like in the classifieds but have stayed well clear because of there dubious track record.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 09:35:32 »
fragility hasn't logged on during the past week. seems he no longer cares about maintaining his rep amongst us half wits

Offline Vanhishikha

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:08:18 »
fragility hasn't logged on during the past week. seems he no longer cares about maintaining his rep amongst us half wits

I guess that's what happens when you drive people away.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:57:15 »
Seriously?

Dude, how hard is it to just refund the money you owe the OP, and make a short apology? This isn’t rocket science here.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:05:48 »
Give me his address.

Wade 'foxer' Blanshard the Geekhack Hunter : S01E01 will be filmed shortly.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:06:48 »
Give me his address.

He he.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:12:54 »
Seriously?
Show Image

Dude, how hard is it to just refund the money you owe the OP, and make a short apology? This isn’t rocket science here.

Well then.

* HoffmanMyster investigates

Offline deci

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:16:51 »
Give me his address.

He he.

would the main re-occurring villain of this series be Originative?

Offline tbc

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:21:23 »

why has no one thanked you for your input?

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:22:33 »
Seriously?
Show Image

Are you a ****ing detective or are you spiderman with spider senses? You sir, are way too good.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:23:03 »

why has no one thanked you for your input?

Lol
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:41:54 »
Are you a ****ing detective or are you spiderman with spider senses? You sir, are way too good.
::bows::

I was wondering why a brand new user had made 3 posts (out of his 6 posts total) complaining that we were all being too mean and driving poor Fragil1ty away. What kind of new user would take such a personal interest in a thread like this? Then I noticed the timestamps.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:42:47 »
Then you noticed you are mean too for driving such a new user away :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:43:15 »
Seriously?
Show Image

It's always suspicious when you see someone with no posts immediately join in the fray to back someone up.  Even more so when you see they're also stating they're from the UK.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:45:15 »
Then you noticed you are mean too for driving such a new user away :(

It's okay, he's not a new user.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:46:35 »
Hoff is done investigating? Sorry for the their person replies.

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:46:25 »
I wont be paying you today as I will be paying you within the next 2 weeks.

Two weeks came and went on Friday.

Did OP get his money?

Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:53:01 »

Did OP get his money?

No, but he sure got some input

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 16:13:30 »

Did OP get his money?

No, but he sure got some input
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Fragility

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:33:35 »
'sup you bunch of pretentious virgins.

I've thought long and hard surrounding a solution and I thought, paying nothing back would be the ideal solution, but then I thought of something else, something a lot more fitting.. so instead.
I'm going pay him back.

In $1 increments every week until all is paid off (excluding my shipping costs of course).

Enjoy, peace out *****es.

$92.63 /rounding off to $93.00

$1 per week for 92 weeks.
23 month payment regime.

to: ***@gmail.com

/end.

LETS GO BOYS, COME AT ME YOU FUX.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:42:00 by Fragility »