Author Topic: .  (Read 1292 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:22:18 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:45:27 by esoomenona »

Offline awhitedev

Re: daskeyboard TKL
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:24:47 »
Wasn't Das the standard for quality in keyboards back in the day? I feel like they've taken too many shortcuts with this one. Cheap knock-off switches, pad printing... and yet it's still just as expensive as their previous generation keyboards? I don't get it.

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:31:54 »
Wasn't Das the standard for quality in keyboards back in the day? I feel like they've taken too many shortcuts with this one. Cheap knock-off switches, pad printing... and yet it's still just as expensive as their previous generation keyboards? I don't get it.

Perhaps they're catering to the gaming crowd with this one. Not very pleasing to the eyes.  :(
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:38:26 »

Nah, I don't think they were ever the standard for quality, they were just a good entry board that had an affordable Cherry made board for a while, then went to something still pretty well made but annoyingly shiny, then started going all kinds of weird. 

Now?  I think they just saw that they could get bigger profit margins based on their brand.  Many companies have done that. 

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:39:37 »

I think they got that from the Das II which was just a rebranded G80-3000. I don't think people said the Das III/IV were super solid products (compared to Ducky & Filco).

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:28:09 »
DAS deserves a little credit as it's the thinnest TKL on the market.  For some folks this is a plus.

As far as "Cheap knockoff" switches; I haven't had the opportunity to test the Greetech's but I certainly stopped drinking the Cherry flavored kool-aid after trying Gaterons.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 12:43:58 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:44:33 by esoomenona »