Author Topic: First solid 75% board  (Read 11318 times)

Offline sabron

First solid 75% board
« on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 02:46:15 »
Hey guys, I have used full sized keyboards in the past and always found them too big. I moved to tkl about 3 years ago, and while I find tkl a nice compact size I think I am ready for a 75% mech kb.
As I type this I am interested in the Vortex Race 3 keyboard, the keycaps look really nice, however the esc key is off putting and im not sure if it'd be a good choice lol.
Basically, I am looking for an old style look mech keyboard without RGB, leds. It must include PBT keycaps. What would you guys recommend? thank you and have a nice day.   
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 20:51:11 by sabron »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: First solid 75% board
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:54:56 »
I'm actually researching a new 75% myself, and having a 1st gen Race, I can lend some perspective on it. Unfortunately, it's not a common size so options are a bit limited.

In the case of the Race, I both LOVE and HATE this keyboard, as evidenced by the fact that  I'm considering the Race 3. Like you, it checks all the right boxes, great keycaps, great form factor. Doesn't look like like a unicorn puked on it...

I'm not sure on the newest model (the Race 3), but the 1 and 2 did NOT have a plate, the 3 probably doesn't either. If you leave it alone, it's reasonably stiff, but still no match for a keyboard with a plate or aluminum case, much less one with both. The upside is you can mod switches easier and it's extremely light. something my Filco most definitely is not(!) so it's a trade off.  Just keep in mind that if you open it, it will likely not be as stiff as it was ever again, but none of this is my reasons for hating this keyboard like I do.

So why the hate?
The FN key. Words cannot express my hatred of the FN key. It's because of that stupid FN key that I ended up buying my first aftermarket keycap, which led to a complete set of custom keycaps. It's also why I almost destroyed this keyboard on more than one occasion

Look at your current keyboard, there is probably a gap between the top row and the Fkey row, on the Race, there is no gap so if you hit a number key lazily you can accidentally hit the Fkey above it. This isn't a problem for other keys on your keyboard because you are used to there being no gap (and you don't rage smash them). This is not a problem with most keys, you don't hit them aggressively like you do the backspace (who doesn't hate typos) and even if you do, it often does nothing to interrupt what you're doing, but on the Race, the key above the backspace is the FN key. Normally just hitting an FN wouldn't be a big deal either, except some big dummy (I REALLY want to say something more harsh, like the person should be strung up by their dangly bits but I won't) has decided to make a combination of backspace and FN key open the calculator. So now, you get annoyed making a typo, hit backspace and not only did you not fix the typo, but the calculator has opened and the focus has shifted, so while you keep typing away thinking you fixed the typo, you haven't typed a damned thing unless you were hitting numbers. I ended up putting a very low profile keycap over the FN key so I couldn't hit it on accident before ordering a custom designed set from WASD that had that built into it.

The other problems I have with it pertain to it being a first gen Race and it being a limited edition mode, which had problems.

Other keyboards to consider (without spending a fortune):
Noppoo Choc Mini - It's (arguably) not as well made, but easier and cheaper to find. Note it does NOT work on MacOS.
E-Element Zk88 - very cheap in price, noisy stabs, terrible key font, but otherwise an amazing buy.
Drevo Gramr - another cheap model, but normal key font.
Magicforce or Qisan 68 - Kind of a halfbreed 60% and 75%, super cheap.
Ajazz - Very cheap, same layout as the Race 3, normal font keycaps.

The last 4 are low end Chinese, probably by the same company, so expect noisy stabs on all of them. Other than that though the quality is pretty darn good, and not just for the price, they are actually pretty well made.

Otherwise, there are some customs out there, but all would be used, waiting on a group buy, or you would need to buy parts to assemble it from pieces, and while that may seem tempting, beware the price tag and time it will take. It adds up very quickly and can spiral out of control, you may be relying on finding used parts or group buys, which can be unreliable or take years as evidenced by the GH60.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 08:22:18 »
I am loving my KBD75 right now.

I am usually only rocking my HHKB.

But my KBD75 with Mod tactile switches have been winning me over.

I feel like I type more accurate with it and feels so much better for league.

*I still love my HHKB

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 15:49:53 »
I'm a huge fan os 75% layouts. Some of my favorites are

Drevo Gramr (Budget board/Keycool 84 re-badge)
Drevo Excalibur (Metal case version of said Budget Board)

Custom Boards
KBD75
EEPW84/XD84 - Review of this board on my YouTube channel!
Duck Octagon V1/V2
WKL B.mini

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 18:26:49 »
The Keycool 84 use to be another decent one along side of the Noppoo too, the only problem key for swapping sets was the spacebar iirc. I'm not sure how they've done since swapping to Kailh switches though.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 18:39:13 »
I've got a 75% keyboard kit for sale if you want to build your own! Here's the link to the sale post https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79451.msg2457588#msg2457588

75% keyboards are by far my favorite size. Personally I built my own to incorporate the HHKB style backspace (just above ENTER) while also having dedicated arrow keys.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:29:36 »

Thanks for mentioning these, I had found some of the others Merlin mentioned, but but not these two (kbd75 and eepw84)
The others I was aware of, but some are not exactly easy to get ahold of at any moment, unlike these two.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:49:08 »

Thanks for mentioning these, I had found some of the others Merlin mentioned, but but not these two (kbd75 and eepw84)
The others I was aware of, but some are not exactly easy to get ahold of at any moment, unlike these two.

I'm guessing the KBD75 is KBDfans 75 shortened, lol. You can find it on their site (kbdfans.myshopify.com) or Massdrop right now has the most recent version of the PCB+backplate and additional colors.

The EEPW84 was run a bit ago, iirc, but Reconsiderit ran a clone PCB GB not long ago with the XD84 (closed, but not yet shipped).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 23:33:55 »

I'm guessing the KBD75 is KBDfans 75 shortened, lol. You can find it on their site (kbdfans.myshopify.com) or Massdrop right now has the most recent version of the PCB+backplate and additional colors.

The EEPW84 was run a bit ago, iirc, but Reconsiderit ran a clone PCB GB not long ago with the XD84 (closed, but not yet shipped).
Yeah, I'm sure that was what he was talking about (and I copied without thinking).
Parts for the EEWP84 is widely available on Aliexpress. (Note: Never send Western Union to China!).

I ordered switches last night for testing, bronze and copper Kailh Speed Switches, plus some Gatistotles (some to be Jailhoused), kind of curious about these new ones. It's nice that we have so many new (and different) switches these days to pick from.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Petch

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:33:31 »
There are a couple of interesting 75% boards on the interest check forum at the moment, if you don't mind paying a premium for an aluminium custom

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 12:42:20 »

If you look at their website they actually refer to it as a KBD75, especially in the PCB section and in the video.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:35:05 »
I love the 75% form factor.  I still go to others because of different features (wish the clueboard would make a 75%), but really think that's my ultimate, eventually.

I've tried the drevo gramr, but gave up on it because of problems with the numlock and RDP.
I have the KBD75 sitting here, and need to put it together.  I'm hoping it's as good as it seems.
I tried the race3, but the choices they made in which keys to put on the primary layer irked me, and the fact that you can't change it irked me more, so I sent it back.
I have a sandwich keyboard from keyclack, and I really love it, but haven't been able to program it.  Someone told me you can adapt it to use QMK, so I hope I get to that point, but I'm using it now, and just deal with the backspace key being a part of the split backspace location; I normally relocate it to the backslash location.

I was going to get the leeku acrylic going on, but decided not to, and am glad I didn't... sentraq is going to do a GB for one in the next month.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6o9wer/coming_soon_sentraq_s75/

As far as the KBD75 being the wrong name for that, not sure about that.  Originally it was a GB of some various chinese parts they put together that I got in on.  They might be moving to claim it now, with their own PCB in the MD drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5dpdwh/buying_gb_for_kbd75_aluminum_75_keyboard_live/

Offline shadowku

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:54:22 »
I love the 75% form factor.  I still go to others because of different features (wish the clueboard would make a 75%), but really think that's my ultimate, eventually.

I've tried the drevo gramr, but gave up on it because of problems with the numlock and RDP.
I have the KBD75 sitting here, and need to put it together.  I'm hoping it's as good as it seems.
I tried the race3, but the choices they made in which keys to put on the primary layer irked me, and the fact that you can't change it irked me more, so I sent it back.
I have a sandwich keyboard from keyclack, and I really love it, but haven't been able to program it.  Someone told me you can adapt it to use QMK, so I hope I get to that point, but I'm using it now, and just deal with the backspace key being a part of the split backspace location; I normally relocate it to the backslash location.

I was going to get the leeku acrylic going on, but decided not to, and am glad I didn't... sentraq is going to do a GB for one in the next month.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6o9wer/coming_soon_sentraq_s75/

As far as the KBD75 being the wrong name for that, not sure about that.  Originally it was a GB of some various chinese parts they put together that I got in on.  They might be moving to claim it now, with their own PCB in the MD drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5dpdwh/buying_gb_for_kbd75_aluminum_75_keyboard_live/

I was considering the KBD75 but the Sentraq S75 looks very promising.
Any idea where the GB will show up and what it might cost? I'm guessing it'll be more than the KBD75 since that's generally a pretty cheap kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:10:11 by shadowku »

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:08:12 »
Sentraq releases pretty inexpensive stuff too.  I purchased my S-65X from them for $102.00, so they get pretty good prices.  They run their GBs on their site at sentraq.com, so I'd think this would run there too.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 06:20:36 »
I spent the last week or so researching 75s, I’m not sure if the OP is still checking this thread, but here is a condensed version of my notes (I also included a few 65%). Note that some of these have clones and variants, I included as many as I could within reason. This is by no means a complete list and most has already been covered, but the EEPW84 section covers a lot.

I ended up ordering a YMD75 kit which I'll document once finished.

Common/easy to get:
Most are on Amazon or common places keyboard people buy from and run around $40-$150 complete.
Vortex/KBT Race – FN above backspace (problematic for me) PCB mount, no plate, 3 versions.
Ajazz – Similar to E-Element but Vortex Race FN layout.
E-Element/Qisan/Magicforce – all pretty much the same.
Nopppoo Choc Mini – problems with OSX, but otherwise not bad for the price. Traditional looks.
Drevo Gramr  - Internals same as Noppoo, problems on Mac. Looks like Magicforce style.
Drevo Excaliber – Aluminum version of the Gramr
Ducky

Customs
A bit harder to get, but generally available for sale somewhere (or pre-order), expect to import. Expect about $150 or so just for a basic kit, I.E. no keys, caps, may not even include leds, resistors, or stabs) and you will probably have to assemble it yourself or pay extra. By the time it’s finished don’t be surprised if you spent double the kit price or more. While it's very easy to build some of these for less than $150 total (or even $100), costs on them can quickly get out of control and hit several hundred.

While you can get even more expensive and exotic, generally you aren’t going to just get one of these when you’re ready to buy, as such I’m not going to bother listing any as you are either going to have to catch a group buy or just happen to come across a used one for sale, which isn’t often.

Sentrac 65% - available with aluminum case (75% in the works?)
Tada68  65% - available with aluminum case.
White Fox 65% - aluminum, group buy currently but coming to stores.
B.Mini – plex case, easy to get.
22Mini – same as above but 65%.
Gons – built to order, expensive and very slow to arrive, but very well made. Consider it an exotic you can order.
QMK ALU84 – Canadian - there are 2 versions(?), half plex half alum. 65% models available.

KBDfans75/YMD75 - China (AliExpress or KBDfans) alu/plex mix. The YMD75 manufacturer either keeps up with the KBDfans75 development or it's the manufacturer selling it direct under their own name.

EEPW84/XD84 and – plastic, stainless, plex, or a mix.
These are available through group buys, AliExpress (China) and Mechkeyboards (UK). The nice thing is you can get parts, kits or completes and the variety of options available. If you’re hard on keyboards or just want something custom and/or semi-exotic yet easy to replace, this may be a good option. It’s also nice in that you can build cheap or expensive and update/upgrade it later.

Note: Earlier post had the YMD75/KBDfans75 and the EEPW84/XD84 mashed into one group. While similar, apparently they are not the same.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 18:08:28 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 08:17:58 »

Vortex/KBT Race – FN above backspace (problematic for me) PCB mount, no plate, 3 versions, no aluminum case. A bit flimsy, but easy to work on.

Incorrect about the case.  The race 3 has an aluminium case, and it's pretty sturdy.  I returned mine because of the non-programmable default layer and the fact that it didn't have the keys I needed there.

Two pretty good reviews:
http://www.gomechanicalkeyboard.com/reviews/vortex-race-3/
http://kotaku.com/vortex-race-3-keyboard-review-the-75-percent-solution-1797341501

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:51:13 »

EEPW84, YMD75, XD84, KBD75 – plastic, stainless, plex, or a mix.
These are available through group buys, AliExpress (China), KBDfans (Korea) and Mechkeyboards (UK). These are all interchangeable (or close enough), and the name is often just based on the case more than anything else it seems. It’s kind of the Poker/GH60 of the 75% world. The nice thing is you can get parts, kits or completes and the variety of options available. If you’re hard on keyboards or just want something custom and/or semi-exotic yet easy to replace, this may be a good option. It’s also nice in that you can build cheap or expensive and update/upgrade it later.

Just to prevent false information being spread I want to add that KBDfans is based in China, not Korea.

Also, EEPW84/XD84 are the same thing, just referenced differently for whatever reason.

And your post seems to insinuate that all of these option's parts or components are "interchangeable", which is 100% wrong. You can't use an EEPW84 PCB w/ a KBD75 case and vice versa. The 75% form factor is NOT STANDARDIZED like the 60% form factor basically is (60% isn't completely standardized, but it's more standardized than anything else- thanks Chuckdee)- so therefore you need to make sure you're getting the right parts if you choose to piecemeal something together.

Additionally, there are differences between these options- they're not simply just based on the case.

KBD75 is either Bootmapperclient or QMK depending on the round with south facing switches & comes only in a nice aluminum high profile case.

EEPW84 is programmed through TMK and has north facing switches. You can get a plastic, low profile stainless case or a high profile stainless case.

YMD75 is its own animal that I don't know much about, but it appears to be a clone of the KBD75.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:10:22 by schoolbus »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:56:59 »

EEPW84, YMD75, XD84, KBD75 – plastic, stainless, plex, or a mix.
These are available through group buys, AliExpress (China), KBDfans (Korea) and Mechkeyboards (UK). These are all interchangeable (or close enough), and the name is often just based on the case more than anything else it seems. It’s kind of the Poker/GH60 of the 75% world. The nice thing is you can get parts, kits or completes and the variety of options available. If you’re hard on keyboards or just want something custom and/or semi-exotic yet easy to replace, this may be a good option. It’s also nice in that you can build cheap or expensive and update/upgrade it later.

Just to prevent false information being spread I want to add that KBDfans is based in China, not Korea.

Also, EEPW84/XD84 are the same thing, just referenced differently for whatever reason.

And your post seems to insinuate that all of these option's parts or components are "interchangeable", which is 100% wrong. You can't use an EEPW84 PCB w/ a KBD75 case and vice versa. The 75% form factor is NOT STANDARDIZED like the 60% form factor- so therefore you need to make sure you're getting the right parts if you choose to piecemeal something together.

Additionally, there are differences between these options- they're not simply just based on the case.

KBD75 is either Bootmapperclient or QMK depending on the round with south facing switches & comes only in a nice aluminum high profile case.

EEPW84 is programmed through TMK and has north facing switches. You can get a plastic, low profile stainless case or a high profile stainless case.

YMD75 is its own animal that I don't know much about, but it appears to be a clone of the KBD75.

The 60% isn't standardized either.  It's just most have followed along the Pok3r.  But it isn't standardized.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:00:40 »
The 60% isn't standardized either.  It's just most have followed along the Pok3r.  But it isn't standardized.

I mean, we can argue semantics but it basically is. It's the most standardized form factor of all the current mainstream layout options you're going to get in this hobby with small exception.

Much more "standardized" than 75% keyboards.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:03:48 »

I mean, we can argue semantics but it basically is. It's the most standardized form factor of all the current mainstream layout options you're going to get in this hobby with small exception.

Much more "standardized" than 75% keyboards.

I wouldn't argue against more standardized.  But assuming that, especially if you're browsing this board and aren't going with a mainstream board is a way to get yourself in a pickle.  Cases are one place where you're possibly going to have problems.  And there are quite a few custom 60s that don't follow the crowd.

Offline MperorM

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:05:08 »
Have you considered the plum84 ?

75 % layout, 35 G topre clone switches with MX sliders and PBT keycaps, optional RGB and blank keycaps (if you're into that). The biggest negative is that the spacebar is an regular size so it will be very hard to replace it.

To me it pretty much seems like the perfect board for gaming :)
Leopold fc980c with korean keycaps

KBParadise v80 with blank and original keycaps - FOR SALE

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 18:26:03 »
Incorrect about the case.  The race 3 has an aluminium case, and it's pretty sturdy.  I returned mine because of the non-programmable default layer and the fact that it didn't have the keys I needed there.
Thanks, fixed.

Not sure why I was thinking Korea, thanks.
Fixed

And your post seems to insinuate that all of these option's parts or components are "interchangeable", which is 100% wrong. You can't use an EEPW84 PCB w/ a KBD75 case and vice versa. The 75% form factor is NOT STANDARDIZED like the 60% form factor basically is (60% isn't completely standardized, but it's more standardized than anything else- thanks Chuckdee)- so therefore you need to make sure you're getting the right parts if you choose to piecemeal something together.

Firmware/software, that is a byproduct of the controller and has nothing to do with pcb/case/plate interchangeability, if you are swapping parts down to the SMD controller, then you are probably already aware of firmware changes and if not, you shouldn't be swapping the controller. Also switch direction isn't going to make the keycaps not fit.

I did however split them up because of potential plate/case/PCB compatibility, they look similar but you are correct in that they are not interchangeable.

By the way, the YMD75 manufacturer is possibly the company who manufacturers the KBDfans75.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 18:37:04 »

By the way, the YMD75 manufacturer is possibly the company who manufacturers the KBDfans75.

It's very possible- as I said above, the KBD75 was originally a kitbash GB.  They have made their PCB QMK compatible, so they might have their own PCB now.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 19:32:28 »

It's very possible- as I said above, the KBD75 was originally a kitbash GB.  They have made their PCB QMK compatible, so they might have their own PCB now.
Hmm, that was one thing I didn't notice on the YMD75... I'm not sure what it's using for firmware, I just sent them a message to find out.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 20:19:16 »
Got a response, those guys are fast.

Ps2avrGB firmware.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 20:58:52 »
Got a response, those guys are fast.

Ps2avrGB firmware.

That was the same firmware on the KBD75 before they switched to QMK

Offline sabron

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 20:50:15 »
Went on a keyboard hiatus for a bit, I'm back now. I looked at all the responses and the KBD75 looks nice, I would prefer a cherry MX simply because I've used them for 5 years now.
The Race 3 would be another option but its out of stock everywhere and I can't find one. The Keycool 84 was another option, but unfortunately its out of stock. Also someone mentioned the plum84, it looks nice but 35g is way too light. Red is already hard enough for typing.

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 06:59:30 »

I am usually only rocking my HHKB.

But my KBD75 with Mod tactile switches have been winning me over.

I feel like I type more accurate with it and feels so much better for league.

*I still love my HHKB
These are all good 75 keyboard,but not most cost-effective option.If you are rich,can choose as best as possible.
Have Fun Everywhere