Author Topic: KBParadise V80 Matias Click vs current Matias Tactile Pro...ping difference?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline macguy80

So, I have the V80 with Matias Clicks, but the PING is driving me *insane*!!! It's about to go out the window.

If I listen to the recordings on matias.ca, or Youtube videos of the current Tactile Pro/Mini Tactile Pro, I hear all click and no (or very little) ping. Is this just my observation, or can someone confirm it? Thanks!

I do know, having owned one of the original Tactile Pros, that the earlier versions of the Tactile Pro boards suffered from lots of ping. This V80 could compete handily with one of those.

Offline p_blaze

Matias vids use their own boards, the V80 matias has **** build quality
If you are ok with voiding the warranty, you can damp the inside of the board with foam which usually solves the issue.

Offline macguy80

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Unfortunately, being physically disabled, opening the V80 is beyond my ability. Complete replacement, on the other hand, I can and will do!

Offline p_blaze

Stay away from kbp if you don't like modding lol, they have lots of problems.
I know matias oem boards are actually good and they got new tooling recently which reduced switch wobble, so if you do get one make sure it was made around november or afterwards and it should be an even better typing experience. Cheers, and good luck with the search  :thumb: