Author Topic: IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts  (Read 1054 times)

Offline alessiodd

IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts
« on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:11:27 »
Hi there,
Been lurking around for quite some time. Anyone knows where to find genuine 5.5mm IBM nuts or perfectly compatible ones?
Any help really appreciated!

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:36:28 »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:37:29 »
Those are for the bolt mod. I realize now you are looking for the ones that hold the case together. Not sure...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 19:13:39 »
You may have quite a hard time there, maybe you can find a junked M.

The actual size is 7/32" and these are the weird hybrid kind of "screws" made for plastic that are neither "wood" screws nor "machine" screws, with coarse threads like wood screws but without a sharp point.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline alessiodd

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 03:22:47 »
Thanks everyone! Yes indeed, I’m looking for the bolts that keep the upper and lower part together. Possibly in Europe. But I think I’m out of luck, even clickykeyboards has them in back order and requires a $15 minimum order, which, coupled With shipping costs to EU, brings the cost of a single 5.5mm bolt to more than 40 bucks...

Again, any help appreciated!!!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 14:32:21 »
Thanks everyone! Yes indeed, I’m looking for the bolts that keep the upper and lower part together. Possibly in Europe. But I think I’m out of luck, even clickykeyboards has them in back order and requires a $15 minimum order, which, coupled With shipping costs to EU, brings the cost of a single 5.5mm bolt to more than 40 bucks...

Again, any help appreciated!!!

You only want one? I see Model Ms on Ebay for $40 pretty routinely. They may or may not even be complete and/or currently functional at that price, but they're usually relatively intact.