Author Topic: IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts  (Read 1046 times)

Offline alessiodd

IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts
« on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:11:27 »
Hi there,
Been lurking around for quite some time. Anyone knows where to find genuine 5.5mm IBM nuts or perfectly compatible ones?
Any help really appreciated!

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: IBM Model M 5.5mm nuts
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:36:28 »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:37:29 »
Those are for the bolt mod. I realize now you are looking for the ones that hold the case together. Not sure...

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 19:13:39 »
You may have quite a hard time there, maybe you can find a junked M.

The actual size is 7/32" and these are the weird hybrid kind of "screws" made for plastic that are neither "wood" screws nor "machine" screws, with coarse threads like wood screws but without a sharp point.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline alessiodd

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 03:22:47 »
Thanks everyone! Yes indeed, I’m looking for the bolts that keep the upper and lower part together. Possibly in Europe. But I think I’m out of luck, even clickykeyboards has them in back order and requires a $15 minimum order, which, coupled With shipping costs to EU, brings the cost of a single 5.5mm bolt to more than 40 bucks...

Again, any help appreciated!!!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 14:32:21 »
Thanks everyone! Yes indeed, I’m looking for the bolts that keep the upper and lower part together. Possibly in Europe. But I think I’m out of luck, even clickykeyboards has them in back order and requires a $15 minimum order, which, coupled With shipping costs to EU, brings the cost of a single 5.5mm bolt to more than 40 bucks...

Again, any help appreciated!!!

You only want one? I see Model Ms on Ebay for $40 pretty routinely. They may or may not even be complete and/or currently functional at that price, but they're usually relatively intact.