Author Topic: HELP Leopold FC500R Broken Stabilizer?  (Read 3451 times)

Offline kingqway

HELP Leopold FC500R Broken Stabilizer?
« on: Wed, 21 September 2011, 21:04:26 »
Okay, long story short, I screwed up my Leopold shift key stabilizer, and there's a plate layer that blocks me from just taking out the bar that holds up the PCB Stabilizers. Please help me, I'm like panicking and I already feel like I screwed up my keyboard!

More specifically, the parrt that hooks onto the small bar got unhooked, and now I can't get it back on, since the plate blocks the bar from being pulled out and re-attached. I can't get pictures right away, but any quick help would be greatly appreciated.
Das Professional Silent || White Filco TKL MX Blue || Leopold FC500R MX Brown

Offline kingqway

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 September 2011, 23:17:34 »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/photo00050.jpg/ Heres an update with the picture, sorry i dont have a good camera, but as you can see the bar is stuck under the plate, and I can't get it out :(

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 September 2011, 23:24:02 »
Can you get a better pic? I cant tell whats going on there...
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline kingqway

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 September 2011, 23:30:12 »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/photo00061p.jpg/

Yeah, I checked the keypulling section; Thanks a lot for the replies! But the problem im having is that the stabilizers fell out, but the bar cant be pulled out between the chip & the plate, so theres no way I can refit it back in... Unless I missed something in the reading.

Offline kingqway

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 September 2011, 23:48:38 »
Thanks ripster, does that mean I have ot remove the keycaps first before I try this ?

EDIT: Unfortunately It doesn't have space to slide anythign in, it just had enough for the stabilizers... I really hope I dont have to resort to soldering.

Offline Protechnics

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 00:43:48 »
Thank you elite keyboards for contacting me i put this in today to let u know i apprerciate the feedback and wish to carry on with what we talked about

Offline pitashen

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 02:03:17 »
Quote from: Protechnics;483619
then keyboard slides out of my lap pulls the cord

When you see that the keyboard is connected by a mini usb connector, certain degree of fragility should be expected. Don't place it onto places that have high risk of your keyboard being tripped or being dropped. Common sense, really.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2012, 02:06:16 by pitashen »
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 03:17:30 »
Hi kingqway,

If your board is under warranty, this is something EK can fix, but if you're going to take a go at it yourself then you'll need to desolder the switch, then fish out the stabilizer bar and re-seat it together with the black stabilizer mounts.

Offline Protechnics

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 11:37:59 »
Elite is working with me. what happend is when i plugged it in i noticed it was lose it wiggled a little i took it back off to look in and it slid down inside thats all it was just lose i think it can easily be fixed but i will not take that chance with voiding the warrenty.But they responded very quickly and i still recomend them im just weary about detachable cords now thats all my opinion though thanks for feedback .

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 18:26:14 »
Quote from: kingqway;419831
Thanks ripster, does that mean I have ot remove the keycaps first before I try this ?

EDIT: Unfortunately It doesn't have space to slide anythign in, it just had enough for the stabilizers... I really hope I dont have to resort to soldering.

Did you end up fixing it?