Author Topic: .  (Read 9974 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Alps Doubleshot Sets on MassDrop
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:01:25 »
I need that V80 MTS...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 14:47:58 »
I went ahead and jumped in on the KBParadise's V60 Matias Mini Drop as my little "thanks" to them for saving this drop.

I can't wait to hear my wife when she sees yet another keyboard show up at the door...

Tempted..........

-_-

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 05:50:35 »
I've joined the drop, for some reason.

I don't even have an Alps keyboard, and no immediate plans to buy one.

Look what you people have done to me :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:24:30 »
I have never messed with anything like Massdrop, so I generally ignore it, but those Alps keys are fabulous.

But, am I correct in understanding that unless they hit the 500 mark, the whole affair evaporates?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:27:53 »
I have never messed with anything like Massdrop, so I generally ignore it, but those Alps keys are fabulous.

But, am I correct in understanding that unless they hit the 500 mark, the whole affair evaporates?

Two days left and the MOQ has been dropped to 200. If you are on the fence, get your order in so this can happen.

No. The MOQ has been met AFAIK. KBParadise bought 300 sets and dropped the MOQ to 200. More info in this thread.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:38:14 »
Got a Olivetti set for one of my V60 MTS's.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 09:39:33 »
I'm now up to 1x B&W, 2x Olivetti, 2x Dolch... And it's still less than what the next GMK set is going to cost me  :))

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 10:40:30 »
Just out of curiosity, here's what you'd get if you mixed and matched the Olivetti & Dolch sets:

107541-0
Olivetti with Dolch Modifiers

107543-1
Dolch with Olivetti Modifiers

Unfortunately I don't have a shot of the B&W caps with similar framing, so I can't swap those around. But I wonder what B&W alphas with Dolch mods would look like.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:06:05 »
Goddamnit I'm pissed. I worked 14 hours on last Friday. Massdrop sent me an email saying there was an issue with the payment method I used. I didn't get a chance to switch my payment option and I was dropped from the buy. Guess I won't be getting Olivetti Alps caps after all...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:07:36 »
Goddamnit I'm pissed. I worked 14 hours on last Friday. Massdrop sent me an email saying there was an issue with the payment method I used. I didn't get a chance to switch my payment option and I was dropped from the buy. Guess I won't be getting Olivetti Alps caps after all...
Dude, just email them. It took me five days once before my payment went through.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:09:16 »