Author Topic: Noppoo Choc shorter key caps  (Read 1325 times)

Offline savag3

Noppoo Choc shorter key caps
« on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 18:37:18 »
I just received my Noppo Choc mini, and it is a perfect fit as my traveling board. I have done some research on the cap sizes, and I know that finding replacements for spacebar/modifiers will be a pain. I have decided that I just want to buy a colored 37-key set and avoid this problem. But after pulling and trying some keys from my Ducky Shine, it seems that the key profile of the 37 is shorter on the mini.

Is there anywhere that I can purchase a 37-set of keys that won't stick up higher on my Choc Mini?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Noppoo Choc shorter key caps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 19:06:20 »
Yes, you need to look for 'Cherry profile' keycap. Like these. Actually if you use Cherry keycap you can replace everything but the spacebar quite easily.

Offline savag3

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 19:09:23 »
Yes, you need to look for 'Cherry profile' keycap. Like these. Actually if you use Cherry keycap you can replace everything but the spacebar quite easily.

Awesome. Thank you so much.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 19:14:22 »
Also, if you happened to get the white version you could try your hand at dyeing the stock keycap. PBT plastic takes dye quite well, though some colors take much better than others. Search the forum there are at least a few threads on that topic.

Offline savag3

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 19:43:49 »
Also, if you happened to get the white version you could try your hand at dyeing the stock keycap. PBT plastic takes dye quite well, though some colors take much better than others. Search the forum there are at least a few threads on that topic.

I actually did some dyeing with my Model M. Problem being I bought the black board. I will start the search for more color options of 37-set "Cherry Profile" caps. Thanks again.