Author Topic: Zilent V2 Bad youtube review  (Read 9155 times)

Offline asgeirtj

Zilent V2 Bad youtube review
« on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 05:13:04 »

Can anyone comment if the things in this video are true? Did this guy get a bad batch?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Zilent V2 Bad youtube review
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 09:39:36 »
He complains the Durocks are better and tighter, but makes a note except for silent, meaning they probably have the exact same issues and likely does pertain to the shortened sliders due to the dampener. Inadvertently or not, he stacked the deck, you can't compare one type to another this way, it's not a fair fight.

I'm using 62g Zilent V2s, I didn't see the inconsistency but they do have more wobble than a normal switch. Personally, I think people make FAR, FAR too much of a big deal about wobble, I get it when it's excessive but if you can't tell when typing frankly I don't care. Yes, they're expensive and there are cheaper switches, but Zeal has multiple profiles, some of which no one else has (it's not just a spring rate change). So good or not, if that profile is what you're after there is no alternative, it doesn't matter if it's a deal if you hate the switch (been there done that!). And post modding, I find them to be quite nice.

Buy a pack and try them is really your best bet.
I get being are view he's being hyper critical but he kind of did a disservice regarding the wobble and if he soldered these that would explain some of the inconsistency as the Zeal housing has a lower temp and components can shift causing exactly what he saw. They are not alone in this and it's one reason few pre-builts offer Zeal switches.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Arch4Life

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 23:30:30 »
well, my friend have zilent v2 on his matrix noah (a ****ty board imo), and together they feel and sound like ****
 sound test link if ya interested in disgust your ears:

Offline Volny

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 08:27:31 »
People often point out that wobble isn't noticeable when typing, but for me, that's never been the problem (except in cases of loose keycaps or modifiers that get held down by the corner) .

I notice wobble mainly when my fingers are resting on keys, and it always makes a keyboard feel cheap and rickety to me.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 12:11:53 »
well, my friend have zilent v2 on his matrix noah (a ****ty board imo), and together they feel and sound like ****
 sound test link if ya interested in disgust your ears:

Sounds like spoons clattering

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 01:37:03 »
I notice wobble mainly when my fingers are resting on keys, and it always makes a keyboard feel cheap and rickety to me.

I've never really thought about this before, but yeah, you've probably nailed it for me as well.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 May 2023, 09:20:10 »
I had the normal ergo clear zeal switches and the silent one. The ergo ones are good but, in 2023 its bad because, of the asking price. The silents are completely trash and are inconsistent i am sorry but, that is the truth.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 12:34:00 »
Zilent V2 has been surpassed by OUTEMU U4 Boba switches. It's just the truth.

The original Zealio V1 [non-silent] is back, and can be a pretty good custom switch.

But the Zilent V2 is an outdated switch at a luxury price.