Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 472121 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (production)
« Reply #1850 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 09:59:08 »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1851 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 10:23:04 »
Awesome news, I can't wait :D

And I will be like everyone else, if you don't want your black on black keys, let me know -.-

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1852 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 10:52:58 »
Sets were just delivered to the dyesubbing place, so as soon as they have finished that step they should be on the way to me.
Great!

How long is the dyeing process usually?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1853 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 11:03:40 »
What about the people with blank sets? Do you get those shipped to you right now?

Offline tbc

« Reply #1854 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 12:55:31 »
What about the people with blank sets? Do you get those shipped to you right now?

nope everything at once.

less shipping costs and confusion for orders with blanks and subs that way?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline HalfSharkAlligator

« Reply #1855 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 01:19:15 »
I'm looking to take over a black on black set, will send payment quickly, let me know if you want to sell yours!

Offline ribozyme

« Reply #1856 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 09:43:35 »
Wrong thread sorry.

Offline Shinryuu

« Reply #1857 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 11:55:30 »
I'm willing to transfer my black blank set or just sell it after I've received it. I've been patiently waiting the progress of this group buy but I've sold my cherry boards along the way and went full HHKBP2 just to keep things simple :-X
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Offline RiGS

« Reply #1858 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 07:27:52 »
I want to sell my complete order (2 blanks, 1 ANSI US, 1 Russian). PM if you are interested.
No single sets for sale,  offer only valid if you buy out the whole order.
Changed my mind. Please take over my order. Single sets are also available and welcome.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline jamster

« Reply #1859 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 08:49:59 »
I want to sell my complete order (2 blanks, 1 ANSI US, 1 Russian). PM if you are interested.
Changed my mind. Please take over my order. Single sets are also available and welcome.

G'day, if you're okay with single sets, I'd love to take over the ANSI black on black.

(I assume that by ANSI you mean the "CHERRY BLACK on BLACK dyesub" that's listed as the second option on the original post in this thread... just checking)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 08:51:56 by jamster »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1860 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 02:18:10 »

PM'd

Offline Silit

« Reply #1861 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 10:42:41 »
I'll take over someone's black on black us/ansi.

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1862 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 12:38:11 »
PM'd for the black on black ANSI US

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1863 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 15:12:23 »
Sets were just delivered to the dyesubbing place, so as soon as they have finished that step they should be on the way to me.

Thank you, Ivan! Super happy I was able to get in on this.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline ribozyme

« Reply #1864 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 15:19:23 »
I am interested in taking over a US ANSI set for my new ducky mini. The dark grey case should be the perfect match for this!

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1865 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 09:55:02 »
Lots of people wanting in on this, naturally since it's a 100% go ahead now.

Just so the people selling are aware, these are an extremely hot ticket item and selling them for less than $100 a set at this point would be silly, flat transfers are just throwing away money on the seller's end.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1866 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:12:13 »

Just so the people selling are aware, these are an extremely hot ticket item and selling them for less than $100 a set at this point would be silly, flat transfers are just throwing away money on the seller's end.

Or, if you don't care about making a buck and just want to transfer the set, feel free to do so.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1867 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:13:04 »

Or, if you don't care about making a buck and just want to transfer the set, feel free to do so.
making money off of something before it's even in your hands

sounds like rarar :P

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1868 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:16:17 »

Great attitude...

:rolleyes:

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1869 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:30:18 »

Great attitude...

:rolleyes:

Yes, definitely not ideal for the community. I've been on both sides of fair deals, and feelsgoodman.gif

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1870 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:51:42 »
While a seller is free to set whatever price they wish... I would strongly discourage buyers from paying more than the original amount. Presuming they turn out as nice as I expect and people are interested in them I have no problem with re-running these sets at some point. Hopefully future runs wouldn't have the same issues and extraordinarily long production time again.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1871 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 12:28:54 »
Hate hate hate, what's with you guys? You guys don't think this set's worth $100? At this point, assuming the FEB date is still good, multiple set buyers can take pre-orders at retail price. Letting people know their options doesn't warrant all the backlash, calm down guys.

Good to know round two is in your thoughts, any other solid colors in mind?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1872 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 12:34:07 »
It's the selling at a markup that rubs people wrong.  It's one where I'd love to see Ivan do what I've seen done elsewhere.  Want to sell it?  Fine, I'll refund you your money and sell it to someone who wants it instead of selling an unshipped product to someone else for a profit.

If you want to do something like that, go play the stock market.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1873 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 12:48:51 »
It's the selling at a markup that rubs people wrong.  It's one where I'd love to see Ivan do what I've seen done elsewhere.  Want to sell it?  Fine, I'll refund you your money and sell it to someone who wants it instead of selling an unshipped product to someone else for a profit.

If you want to do something like that, go play the stock market.

+1

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1874 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 15:16:39 »
It is indeed flipping for profit which set everyone off.
If we all flipped for profit, you'd never be able to get what you want.
And the market value would be all the **** over the place depending on how many times a set has been moved.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1875 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 16:25:04 »
Hate hate hate, what's with you guys?
General consensus within the community is that when selling/buying you ask for the original price. Minus 20-30% if it's used.
Shipping is your own problem though. However you are allowed to add a little bit to recuperate some of those expenses. Opinions vary.

But you simply don't add those costs when transferring an order before even getting your hands on it. If anyone should profit it should be Ivan who has to keep an up to date form that tells him who gets what.
Otherwise it's either flipping for profit (which is frowned upon) or very sensitive to scamming (have someone else buy your set, receive it, then never send him and keep them guessing until their paypal dispute period runs out).

If you don't like it, then please go somewhere else.

Besides, as TJweir said, it feels much better to deal fairly with people around here than to earn $20 bucks in profit.

And the market value would be all the **** over the place depending on how many times a set has been moved.
This.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 January 2015, 16:30:05 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1876 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 16:49:07 »
However you are allowed to add a little bit to recuperate some of those expenses.

Nice summary post, JaccoW.  I just want to clarify that you are allowed to do whatever you want with respect to prices.  I know this is a minor point and I'm quoting you out of context, but I just want that to be clear.  As much as the community will call you out, asking a higher price, in general, is not against the rules here and is simply frowned upon.  That said, I still agree with everything said here.  I'm just clarifying that point, as a mod.  ;)

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1877 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 16:56:24 »
Everyone seems to be very against flipping for profit which surprises me since this website is very much PRO Click Clack and Brocap resale. Care to explain guys?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1878 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:09:22 »
Everyone seems to be very against flipping for profit which surprises me since this website is very much PRO Click Clack and Brocap resale. Care to explain guys?
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1879 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:14:08 »
Just because people flip one thing doesnt mean that makes flipping everything okay. I would prefer if people didnt flip their click clacks/brobots but that isnt going to stop any time soon. I havent ever bought a keycap outside of an offical sale and its going to stay that way as long as people sell them for crazy prices.

Nobody even has these on hand, if you are getting rid of them then just sell them for what you bought them for. Pass on that good deal as you think it is on to someone else and make their day instead of looking to make a couple bucks wherever you can. And by you I mean everyone, dont take it personal as it doesnt seem like you are trying to sell yours. I for one would feel pretty pathetic making a profit off of something like that, but I would also feel stupid flipping a keycap so whatever...

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1880 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:17:18 »
Show Image

There are a lot of people who will do anything to get their hands on an artisan.
It's still frowned upon. I think people profiting $100 on a single cap is a joke.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1881 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:24:40 »
I just want to say that I bought one set of blanks from this GB, I do not plan on selling. I have waited a long time to get to this point and I've built the rest of my board around the anticipation of this set. Some can even attest to my impatience earlier on in this thread.

I simply wanted to showcase the options for the seemingly endless amount of people bailing on this set so late in the process. I really didn't mean to step on any toes.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1882 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:31:38 »

If you've seen discussion on the subject around here, you'd see very quickly that we do not support profiting from CC and BB sales.  I of course do not know your history here and where you've observed this supportive behavior, but I'd recommend reading some of the threads if you haven't done so and have a chance.  There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around about "our" views (which do vary quite a bit and perhaps can't be generalized so much), and if you need help locating these threads or want to discuss it further, I'm happy to do so via PM.  And I'm sure others might be as well.  We should probably keep that discussion out of this topic though, so we don't wander too far off-topic.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1883 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:37:30 »

If you've seen discussion on the subject around here, you'd see very quickly that we do not support profiting from CC and BB sales.

Than why is there a Clack Evaluation thread in the Classifieds? Isn't it to make sure members don't undervalue their Clacks? I don't see anyone there saying "It's 40$, that's how much CC sold it for and that's how much it is worth".

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1884 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:39:56 »

If you've seen discussion on the subject around here, you'd see very quickly that we do not support profiting from CC and BB sales.

Than why is there a Clack Evaluation thread in the Classifieds? Isn't it to make sure members don't undervalue their Clacks? I don't see anyone there saying "It's 40$, that's how much CC sold it for and that's how much it is worth".

Wat.  Have you seen nubbinator/JD posting in response to everyone saying to sell at retail?  And the reason that thread was created was to stop people asking about Clacks every 4 posts in the regular Price Check thread.  And you'll notice fairly quick that the people asking for prices aren't "regulars", they're new people trying to make money.  I wouldn't consider them the people to define what "geekhack thinks" about something.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1885 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 18:45:49 »

I would sincerely argue against that being the case, in fact my perception has been that many people around here (myself included) are vocally against flipping stuff for profit that the owner has done nothing to contribute any additional value to.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1886 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 02:50:07 »

I would sincerely argue against that being the case, in fact my perception has been that many people around here (myself included) are vocally against flipping stuff for profit that the owner has done nothing to contribute any additional value to.

I agree with what you said guys considering the BB/CC case. But isn't having something that becomes precious because it gains value through time the purpose of collecting stuff? Most of the time collectors don't add any value to the objects themselves but their inherent rarity make them expensive. Whether you want to sell them or not is then up to the owner.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline tbc

« Reply #1887 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 03:08:50 »

I agree with what you said guys considering the BB/CC case. But isn't having something that becomes precious because it gains value through time the purpose of collecting stuff? Most of the time collectors don't add any value to the objects themselves but their inherent rarity make them expensive. Whether you want to sell them or not is then up to the owner.

alot of the time.  things get value AFTER the creator has died.

this time, they're going up while the creators are still alive.  kinda different.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1888 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 03:24:40 »

this time, they're going up while the creators are still alive.  kinda different.
Things don't get value only when the creator is dead.

Just see how much are price cars that have limited run production like 20 models worldwide even though the creator is not dead. Rarity make them expensive.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1889 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 04:15:53 »

Things don't get value only when the creator is dead.

Just see how much are price cars that have limited run production like 20 models worldwide even though the creator is not dead. Rarity make them expensive.

don't you think you went a little far in your simplification of the issue?

for example, every time i ****, i create a unique composition of feces.  does that make it valuable?

but more seriously:

there are complaints with cars as well.  http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2014/09/26/ford-mustang-price-gouging/16247211/

so i'm not sure where you're going with that :S

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1890 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 06:53:21 »

That thinking is wrong.

If people flipped sets for profit, more people who don't care about sets would buy into GB's hoping that they can make money off of the limited edition nature of the sets.

Economic forces like profit motives are good for everyone involved.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1891 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 07:12:55 »
We're getting way OT here (this would be a great thread to make elsewhere, I think). All I'd say is that looking at the world purely through the lens of economics is a very shallow way of thinking.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline RiGS

« Reply #1892 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 07:17:21 »

The Russian set is still available for sale.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1893 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 08:13:30 »
We're getting way OT here (this would be a great thread to make elsewhere, I think). All I'd say is that looking at the world purely through the lens of economics is a very shallow way of thinking.

Looking through the eyes of economics selling for profit is the only option. Looking through the eyes of civility and humility is what you're thinking of.

This was a very interesting thread, it got much more interesting when Clacks were brought into the mix, all of a sudden everyone got extremely confused. The death of the creators post really cracked me up.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1894 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 09:00:48 »

+1.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1895 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:12:16 »

+1.

So should we discuss the wait time again or whether the caps are a really dark grey or actually black? Resale of this product is very much on topic and has been for at least 4 pages.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1896 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:15:45 »

+1.

So should we discuss the wait time again or whether the caps are a really dark grey or actually black? Resale of this product is very much on topic and has been for at least 4 pages.

But I guess it is just that we were not really discussing the resale of that particular item but more the concept in general which has not his place here.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1897 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:30:09 »

+1.

But I guess it is just that we were not really discussing the resale of that particular item but more the concept in general which has not his place here.

This is exactly the distinction.  If you want to post about selling or buying this product, that is fine.  General philosophical discussions on resale are off-topic.

And to add, we don't need to discuss anything in this topic at this point.  The sets are in production and there's just not much to talk about (aside from selling/buying sets).

Offline yode

• s a d b o y s
« Reply #1898 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:13:50 »
willing to take over someones blank set if they want out... wishful thinking
300 OTF GBE OBLOCK ON BD

Offline HalfSharkAlligator

« Reply #1899 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 13:56:22 »
I'm still looking for a black on black US ANSI set - please PM me if you would like me to take yours over  :thumb: