Author Topic: Can anyone prove the validity of these click clacks?  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Demesnenyx

Can anyone prove the validity of these click clacks?
« on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 03:36:00 »
http://imgur.com/a/KRbJM

Edit: At this point, just going to see if I can email EK to see if they have any records of my purchase. Hoping they will.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 05:35:14 by Demesnenyx »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
Re: Can anyone prove the validity of these click clacks?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 05:52:47 »
http://imgur.com/a/KRbJM

Edit: At this point, just going to see if I can email EK to see if they have any records of my purchase. Hoping they will.

Hard to say just from pictures. The signature on the caps look right, but it is not hard to fully copy the cap, even with the signature. CC doesn't typically reply to PMs anymore since he always gets a flood of them. How did you obtain them?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 06:01:32 »
I think one thing that is raising a lot of red flags with people is the fact that you have 4 of them, when people have popped up with multiples of a single color in the past they've been fakes.

The defects on the bottom are very suspect as well for a couple of reasons. Firstly it would be very unusual to find these sorts of defects on a cap that isn't a factory second. Secondly the fact that the defects are different on all 4 is very weird, for instance I know the Sticky Kurple 420 Clack has a scratch on the right side that is present on all the other ones in that batch.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 06:06:17 »
clickclack tends to recognize his own work but he's a busy guy

Offline Demesnenyx

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 06:32:31 »
I think one thing that is raising a lot of red flags with people is the fact that you have 4 of them, when people have popped up with multiples of a single color in the past they've been fakes.

The defects on the bottom are very suspect as well for a couple of reasons. Firstly it would be very unusual to find these sorts of defects on a cap that isn't a factory second. Secondly the fact that the defects are different on all 4 is very weird, for instance I know the Sticky Kurple 420 Clack has a scratch on the right side that is present on all the other ones in that batch.

Yeah, when I posted these on reddit everyone said the same thing, but it's so weird... I really did buy these from EK. These are the specific ones I bought: http://imgur.com/b1lAZbQ (Courtesy of someone from reddit) I'm reaaaaalllllly hoping that EK has a record of my purchase still, this email about an old RMA has my hopes up right now.

"I just don't see your e-mail on any keyboard orders, it's only on a
couple of accessory orders. There was a keyboard ordered under your
name/email, but it was cancelled and refunded.

I'll authorize an RMA, let me know if you want to send it in and I'll
give you directions."

Anyways, thanks for everyone's opinions so far.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:05:21 »
The defects on the bottom are certainly suspect
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:07:05 »
Looks fine to me.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:16:59 »
So your selling them for $9.50 plus shipping?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Demesnenyx

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:02:12 »
nope 125$ each:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/30cjwf/wts_blue_mx_skull_click_clacks/

I am curious if that price is really that unreasonable. I am just some guy who bought click clacks cause he thought they looked cool from EK ages back not knowing of their value. The reason I found out recently is because I need some money to buy stuff for my first year of college. I am just pricing by the single colors in the clack valuation thread, and while, yes, I do acknowledge I put them up for the highest price, that is because I need the money and am just hopeful.

Also, here is what I got from EK:

http://imgur.com/PUeLtKh

Hi xxxxxxxx,

The original invoice is attached. I don't recall the colors being dissimilar as I see in the photo, but some variation is not unusual between batches. The rough bottom edges are indicative of CC keycaps. Round smooth bottoms are evidence of a copy.

Best regards,
xxxxx

Is this enough to confirm that they're real at this point?

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:20:24 »
Oh yeah those are fake

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:33:09 »
Bottoms look super fake.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:49:03 »
nope 125$ each:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/30cjwf/wts_blue_mx_skull_click_clacks/

I am curious if that price is really that unreasonable. I am just some guy who bought click clacks cause he thought they looked cool from EK ages back not knowing of their value. The reason I found out recently is because I need some money to buy stuff for my first year of college. I am just pricing by the single colors in the clack valuation thread, and while, yes, I do acknowledge I put them up for the highest price, that is because I need the money and am just hopeful.

Also, here is what I got from EK:

Hi xxxxxxxx,

The original invoice is attached. I don't recall the colors being dissimilar as I see in the photo, but some variation is not unusual between batches. The rough bottom edges are indicative of CC keycaps. Round smooth bottoms are evidence of a copy.

Best regards,
xxxxx

Is this enough to confirm that they're real at this point?

Looks ok but the bottoms still give me the heebie jeebies.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:57:10 »
My old Fn from CC had the same thing going on. His earlier work was less polished, and those blue ones were made a long time back. So I wouldn't discount it based on that.

Offline Demesnenyx

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:59:34 »
Bottoms look super fake.

Oh yeah those are fake

Looks ok but the bottoms still give me the heebie jeebies.

I don't know what else to say at this point. My only other hope is confirmation from the man himself, but these are honestly the ones I bought from EK and for some reason the bottoms are all different.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 19:07:44 »
My old Fn from CC had the same thing going on. His earlier work was less polished, and those blue ones were made a long time back. So I wouldn't discount it based on that.

Show Image

Oh wow! Yea the grooves on the one and the bumps / extra resin? On the other.  Hmm guess I don't know then if they're fake. (if his early work looked like that.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 19:14:14 by dustinhxc »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 19:10:50 »
I'll buy them from you at cost to save any trouble later on!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 19:21:36 »
So how much you wanna sell me one for ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 19:21:43 »

Good guy Rowdy.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:01:44 »

Good guy Rowdy.

:D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:06:45 »
Those are fake sorry.  The teeth are even having over the cap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:13:34 »
On a seventh (or eighth?) look, the teeth do seem a bit inconsistent across them.

Still, my offer remains ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:23:36 »
All 4 of them look pretty similar to me...? And if you're talking about the teeth not being straight

They weren't supposed to be. The gap between the centre-left tooth was always larger. The bottom of the teeth look messed up but you can't tell from the EK picture because of the angle in which the photo was taken. Also difference in colour obviously due to lighting.
I love Elzy

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:30:28 »
I want to believe op

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:32:17 »
I want to believe op

I want to believe OP, but I also wish OP didn't perpetuate the massive inflation.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:36:21 »
I want to believe op

I want to believe OP, but I also wish OP didn't perpetuate the massive inflation.

This right here, i hope they get confirmed that they are legit, and i hope they dont for this reason

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:39:30 »
I've had authentic (direct from a CC sale) clacks with teeth like that.

You don't know that they're fake. Stop making guesses and pretending they're fact.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 00:02:38 »

You don't know that they're fake. Stop making guesses and pretending they're fact.

Well, I guess this must be fake then  :'(

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 00:05:28 »
I am not sure it is real or not, the bottom of my black 420 also looks like the bottom right one in the second last picture in your album.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 00:05:47 »

Well, I guess this must be fake then  :'(

Please send to me for verification.

Note that part of verification will entail placing said keycap on a keyboard and leaving it there for several decades to ensure that the plastic does not degrade over time.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:23:32 »
Official Clackvent Clack of a new color/GID.  As you guys can see from the bottom, they are "janky"~

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1696109#msg1696109

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:06:38 »
I thought the fakes have a different mark?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:51:41 »
Official Clackvent Clack of a new color/GID.  As you guys can see from the bottom, they are "janky"~

Show Image

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1696109#msg1696109

Almost all of my Clacks have scratches on their butts, and I assure you they are all legit.

I never saw those weird ridges or really defined mold nubs on a Clack though. My Milk Blue (oldest color I have) has some very light mold nubs, but nothing like that.

Offline Demesnenyx

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:24:10 »
I've been emailing EK support to see if I could get more help proving that they're real and this is probably the best I can do. I did PM clickclack, but he probably gets questions like this all the time/super busy.

I hope this clears things up.

Hi xxxxxxx,

I've pulled out two keycaps from that batch and taken some high resolution photos for you. They are attached.

Your order was from one of the first two sales we had and the blemishes on the bottom of your caps are consistent with caps the Clack Factory was making at the time. You'll also notice a slight color difference between the two caps. Small color inconsistencies were more prevalent in CF caps at the time too.

Also, many CF designs made very recently have scratches or scrapes on the bottom. This is due to touch-up that is done with sand paper. Why you might ask? It's because the molds for the base keycap and switch stem mount were never changed/upgraded since molds have to be calibrated for each keycap material. Without careful calibration, the resulting keycaps would be too tight or too lose. Unless someone makes artisan keycaps they probably wouldn't understand how hard it is to get a good fit...over, and over again! I get it of course -- a lot of people assume that because CF keycaps have such a high market value, they must be cosmetically flawless from every angle to the extent that they put everyone else to shame, but this flawed detail is a reality of CF caps and is something that Clickclack conceded to in order to make the volume of keys that he did in the little free time he had -- he assumed no one would see that part of the keycap while they were using it. However, this shouldn't reflect on him as an artist who cuts corners. Those skilled in the art will know that producing keycaps in the variety and consistency he has is an extraordinary feat.

For your reference this blue was called EK Blue by Clickclack. They were a special request by us, along with the EK yellow that were sold at the same time.

http://imgur.com/thTxoSk
http://imgur.com/GYz6ldM

Best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this email, I asked if there was any way that they could also include some kind of proof that these clacks are theirs and not mine because people might think I just crafted another batch and took more pictures. (Also commented on excellent customer service, was not expecting to get this much help.) (I asked if I could reference the email and he said yes/I could use his name as well, but I didn't feel right doing it so I'm still replacing it with x's.)

Hi xxxxxxx,

You're welcome. You can use my name, no problem there.

I've put these photos on the EK server. This should be proof enough.

https://elitekeyboards.com/external/cf_blu_00.jpg
https://elitekeyboards.com/external/cf_blu_01.jpg

You might also recognize the background texture of these pics from a recent CF sale:

http://elitekeyboards.com/proddata/images/th/cf_5c_bra_top1000_th0x0.jpg

Best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxx

TO recap it all, these are mine:
http://imgur.com/WrWzS6b
http://imgur.com/KyEFK6j

And here is the receipt from EK:

I want to believe op

I am really sorry, I recently found out people were paying such high prices for them and I wanted the money to buy something. If it is really a bad thing for the community I think I might consider keeping them. I won't be using them, however knowing that people pay such high prices, I don't think I could live with selling for low prices either. I used to lightly lurk GH and only because of this situation did I actually expose myself. While lurking, I always really wanted to be apart of a keyboard community, but when I posted this up at reddit (maybe over here as well), I think I almost ended up labeling myself as a scammer because of the high price, new account, and by chance, early clacks. I just got excited when I needed the money and didn't think twice about fakes I guess. (Well, partly because I know I bought these legitly from EK too, but yeah.)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:30:35 »
I love happy endings   ;D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Can anyone prove the validity of these click clacks?
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:34:31 »
Yup. Glad it all worked out nice. Sell your Clacks for however much you want. This is a free market, let the haters hate.

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not saying I condone price gouging, and I don't do that myself. I'm just saying a guy can sell his stuff for however much he wants, and his conscience allows.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:37:13 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:39:50 »

I am really sorry, I recently found out people were paying such high prices for them and I wanted the money to buy something. If it is really a bad thing for the community I think I might consider keeping them. I won't be using them, however knowing that people pay such high prices, I don't think I could live with selling for low prices either. I used to lightly lurk GH and only because of this situation did I actually expose myself. While lurking, I always really wanted to be apart of a keyboard community, but when I posted this up at reddit (maybe over here as well), I think I almost ended up labeling myself as a scammer because of the high price, new account, and by chance, early clacks. I just got excited when I needed the money and didn't think twice about fakes I guess. (Well, partly because I know I bought these legitly from EK too, but yeah.)

There's always a choice with pricing.  The ones I've sold have been at retail and I don't think anyone would fault you for selling at the $30-50 retail prices of late (and is still above your retail price).  I just find price gouging to be toxic to the community and the artisan community.

In the end, they're yours to do what you will with, I'm just giving my two cents.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:48:00 »
There's always a choice with pricing.  The ones I've sold have been at retail and I don't think anyone would fault you for selling at the $30-50 retail prices of late (and is still above your retail price).  I just find price gouging to be toxic to the community and the artisan community.

In the end, they're yours to do what you will with, I'm just giving my two cents.

+1

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 19:00:02 »
have been at retail and I don't think anyone would fault you for selling at the $30-50 retail prices of late (and is still above your retail price).  I just find price gouging to be toxic to the community and the artisan community.

I think people should be allowed to sell clacks or bros at cost since I myself have gotten only 1 clack at retail from the event which I do not currently have so all my other clacks, I've paid quite a bit for and can't justify selling them anywhere close to retail. However, if I was to sell the one I got from the event, it will most likely be close to retail because that would be the cost I paid and not the aftermarket for it.

Offline Demesnenyx

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 19:18:33 »

My price is really toxic then... I was just going by the clack valuation thread... (Though I did pick the highest price  :blank:), anyways, thanks for all your opinions. I will think about this for awhile. The money is going into something for college and while I acknowledge it's not a necessity, I do still want it. If I can somehow pull together money from other places maybe it's better if I don't sell after all.

P.S. Thanks to those posting similar keycaps to mine and I hope this is enough proof for people to not be too hasty on keycaps with some defects. Although it's definitely understandable if something like this is suspicious, especially when being sold.

To those that have PM'd me, I will try to get money a different route first. If I decide to sell them the pricing is going to be heavily skewed by how much I need or don't need, but I also have quite awhile until the fall so I'll see what I can do.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 19:20:12 »
Forgot to say, mad props to EK for responding and being so helpful.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 23:56:02 »
I'd just like to reiterate my offer to buy them at cost (and to clarify, that is the original EK cost), although subsequent discussions lead me to suspect that this offer will not be accepted.

Nevertheless I might call to attention the date and time of the offer, that it might be compared to other offers received should OP have a change of heart ;)

Also I shall enhance the offer by halving the quantity desired i.e. to purchase two of the Clacks at double cost (i.e. double the original EK price).

In addition and with regard to the genuineness of these items, the OP has evidence of the purchase from EK, and the colour and style is consistent with that offered by EK.  The markings on the bottom of the Clacks is consistent with those made by ClickClack, and to date there have not been any known fakes with CC's markings on them.  The recent widely advertised fakes of a similar colour were known to have a different mark enscribed on the base.  Thus it seems to me that all evidence points to these being genuine.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 23:57:09 »
I'd just like to reiterate my offer to buy them at cost (and to clarify, that is the original EK cost), although subsequent discussions lead me to suspect that this offer will not be accepted.

Nevertheless I might call to attention the date and time of the offer, that it might be compared to other offers received should OP have a change of heart ;)

Also I shall enhance the offer by halving the quantity desired i.e. to purchase two of the Clacks at double cost (i.e. double the original EK price).

In addition and with regard to the genuineness of these items, the OP has evidence of the purchase from EK, and the colour and style is consistent with that offered by EK.  The markings on the bottom of the Clacks is consistent with those made by ClickClack, and to date there have not been any known fakes with CC's markings on them.  The recent widely advertised fakes of a similar colour were known to have a different mark enscribed on the base.  Thus it seems to me that all evidence points to these being genuine.

I already got dibs doe
I love Elzy

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 23:57:45 »
I'll double what Rowdy is offering to you. And extend karma, too.  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 23:58:58 »
Sigh.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 00:08:51 »
Foe!
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 01:19:57 »
Friend.