Author Topic: [IC] Drink Me - All invoices sent  (Read 20554 times)

Offline wencan008

Re: [IC] Drink Me - 4% ergo - $45 shipped - GB starts March 5th 2020
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 10:30:37 »
@Shutter_Shock, I haven't done a final calculation yet, but there will be at least 40 units available.

@wencan008, I put all my favourite combinations in the photo gallery. Honestly the black and wood-effect thumb rests look great with any colour opaque case. I especially like the red or magenta case with the black rest, or the white or blue case with the wood-effect rest. The translucent pearl is a more difficult match with other colours. It's really aimed at those who want a fully translucent build - case, rest and switches, although actually it looks great paired with magenta.

Didn't see the photo gallery, thanks! Was thinking black or wood build and I think I might go with that, but that red and black with black caps looks very nice. I'm assuming thumb rests are also limited to one per order?

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 10:37:49 »
@valkyr1e I can confirm that the magenta case with translucent thumb rest looks very nice :) The price of all the colours is the same. Keep in mind the thumb rest is not included in the base price, though it won't be very expensive and again all the colours will be the same price.

This board does not support LEDs, that is correct.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 11:56:08 »
Hey that's my B-day! Hopefully I can nab one, would be an awesome gift to myself!

Hold up are you me? Same birthday and also in Pittsburgh

Craziness! I didn't think they put doppelgangers that close to each other? :p Seriously though what part of the burgh? I'm from Mt. Oliver, but live down in South Park now.

Offline wencan008

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:35:27 »
Hey that's my B-day! Hopefully I can nab one, would be an awesome gift to myself!

Hold up are you me? Same birthday and also in Pittsburgh

Craziness! I didn't think they put doppelgangers that close to each other? :p Seriously though what part of the burgh? I'm from Mt. Oliver, but live down in South Park now.

I'm up in Squirrel Hill, go to school at CMU

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:52:10 »

Edit: Also, how does this GB work, if it's not through a vendor? How do I reserve a spot on March 5th?

I had this same question.

@Shutter_Shock, I haven't done a final calculation yet, but there will be at least 40 units available.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 14:08:13 »
Quick question:

It looks like there is significantly less clearance around the connector on the USB-C model. I've had trouble with cables not being able to connect to USB-C connectors because of case alignment in the past on a KBDFans Tofu 60%; there wasn't enough clearance around the connector on the board to allow for the plastic housing around the connector on the cable. I was eventually able to find a cable that would work, but it took a few tries.

Can you confirm that there is enough clearance to actually plug a cable into the USB-C model?

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 10:36:03 »
Edit: Also, how does this GB work, if it's not through a vendor? How do I reserve a spot on March 5th?

@valkyr1e The sale will be conducted via Google forms and PayPal.

Sometime before the sale goes live on the 5th of March, I will post a link to a Google form. The form will be closed until the sale goes live at 12:00 noon PST. If it says it's closed at some point after 12:00 PST then it means all group buy spots have been filled. I'll post to this thread as each action happens so refer here for further clarification.

Buyers fill out the form, selecting all the options they want and being sure to include an email address associated with a PayPal account. I will send a PayPal invoice to that email address and the buyer will have 24 hours to pay.

Once all the orders are in I manufacture the boards and send them off to buyers. I will post weekly public progress updates so the process is completely transparent.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2020, 10:38:01 by Yatara »

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 15:00:57 »
Can you confirm that there is enough clearance to actually plug a cable into the USB-C model?

@Shutter_Shock, with the widest USB-C cable I can find there is 1mm of clearance on either side between the cable and the case.

If anyone has concerns about a particular cable, feel free to DM me with photos or measurements of the cable connector and I'd be happy to confirm clearances.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:38:57 »

@Shutter_Shock, with the widest USB-C cable I can find there is 1mm of clearance on either side between the cable and the case.

If anyone has concerns about a particular cable, feel free to DM me with photos or measurements of the cable connector and I'd be happy to confirm clearances.

Great!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 16:57:27 »
Happy 200th birthday to Sir John Tenniel, illustrator of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. See today's Google homepage for more.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 18:49:54 »
Just a word of warning, if you're printing these in PLA I'd be conscious to warn people about the risks of warp/melting in the heat and if you're shipping in the summer I'd be careful as well.  I've shipped PLA pieces and if they sit in a community mailbox in the summer they'll possibly be screwed.

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
All set for the group buy to open in a few hours' time.

The form link will be added to the first post of the thread a little while before it starts accepting submissions.

Offline Shutter_Shock

All set for the group buy to open in a few hours' time.

The form link will be added to the first post of the thread a little while before it starts accepting submissions.

Can’t wait!

Offline jjoejimmy

Really looking forward to this (in 30min). By integrated plate, do you mean that the plate is also 3d printed? Wondering how that affects the stability compared to just PCB mounting the switches

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
Great!

Yes, the plate is part of the 3D-printed case. You can see it most clearly in the colour/material images in the first post of the thread. It definitely provides a lot more stability than just PCB mounting. The fit is nice and tight but still allows them to be removed easily if you want to hotswap them :)

Offline Shutter_Shock

Re: [IC] Drink Me - 4% ergo - $45 shipped - Group Buy is LIVE
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 14:01:53 »
Just submitted the order form. Will shipping address and stuff be part of the PayPal request?

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 14:02:38 »
Group Buy is Open!

Form

Offline wencan008

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 14:03:12 »
Got one as a self birthday present, hope I made it in

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 14:05:39 »

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 14:08:02 »
Just submitted the order form. Will shipping address and stuff be part of the PayPal request?

Great!

Yes, addresses will handled via PayPal. Be sure to check your address when handling the invoice.

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 17:07:21 »
About 70% of spots have already been filled, so jump in if you want to secure a place.

Thanks to everyone who has participated already! I'm sending invoices out as fast as I can so you should get them shortly.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 22:43:55 »
I'm looking forward to having a dedicated volume up and down in this, just gotta think of what to do with the other two switches

Offline Sushiimi

• Board Collection Spreadsheet
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 01:25:47 »
Just a heads up, seems like the waitlist form is not working correctly.

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 05:31:19 »
Just a heads up, seems like the waitlist form is not working correctly.

Thank you! This is now fixed. The group buy hit its limit around 5AM my local time so I was very sleepy when I switched the forms over!

All invoices have now been sent. After 24 hours any unpaid invoices will be revoked and offered to those on the waitlist.

Here is the waitlist form for anyone who would like to join.

Offline nicole_loke_richards

Re: [IC] Drink Me - All invoices sent
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 11:39:35 »
I didn’t get an invoice? I filled up the form at 7 hrs after the group buy opened. Does that mean I did not get into the group buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 11:47:44 »
I didn’t get an invoice? I filled up the form at 7 hrs after the group buy opened. Does that mean I did not get into the group buy?

Invoices were sent to everyone who filled out the form before it closed.

Looking at your username I definitely sent you an invoice to the email address that I received, but perhaps there was a typo in it. Would you like to send me your email address again in a private message so we can double check? You can also message me through Reddit (u/yatara-cc) or Instagram (@yatara.keys) if you prefer.

Anyone else who filled out the form but hasn't received an invoice: please get in touch with me.

Offline nicole_loke_richards

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 12:07:53 »

Invoices were sent to everyone who filled out the form before it closed.

Looking at your username I definitely sent you an invoice to the email address that I received, but perhaps there was a typo in it. Would you like to send me your email address again in a private message so we can double check? You can also message me through Reddit (u/yatara-cc) or Instagram (@yatara.keys) if you prefer.

Anyone else who filled out the form but hasn't received an invoice: please get in touch with me.

Got it now! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yatara

• Instagram @yatara.keys
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 11:38:42 »
This thread is now locked. Please see the Group Buy thread.