Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1286581 times)

Offline SuperBo

I want to know what spring is suitable for black switches and what spring is suitable for ergo clear?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
I want to know what spring is suitable for black switches and what spring is suitable for ergo clear?

Ergo clears usually use springs in the 62-68g range, although the exact weight is up to personal preference. I believe 62g is the most popular. Some people go as light as 55g; although some springs listed at 55g have been unable to consistently return the stem to the rest position, SPRiT claims that these 55g do not have that problem. I haven't tested them myself, but I also don't recall hearing anyone say 55g ended up being too light. So make of that what you wish.

Any spring will work inside a black switch -- no spring is more suitable than another. If you're looking for springs that are close in force to stock blacks,  72g is supposed to be close. I know that 68g is noticeably lighter and 85g is noticeably heavier than stock black springs (although I was testing in blue switches).
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I personally like 62g in Clears, Blacks, & Blues.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder

I personally like 62g in Clears, Blacks, & Blues.

I just bought the 62g 24kt Springs for my Blues, I can't wait to try them out.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
As user 18 mentions,    ;)

my 60g, 62g, 65g, 68g are the most popular Ergo springs from my GB experience.

My Springs Design scheme is massive range, systematic, differ from the other narrow range of Korean springs,

Never happened in the World before.

Thanks!

Mod Edit: Removed attached mp3.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2016, 12:21:09 by infiniti »

Offline goflo

I hope my package arrives soon.....Can't wait to get lighter springs in my blues  :cool:
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline javallet

Re: <SPRiT Edition> 24K Springs / Lube Station/ PCB+Plate Stabilizers (Extras Order)
« Reply #1656 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 12:55:19 »
Sprit, are you still selling any of the gold plated stabilizers?

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 24K Springs / Lube Station/ PCB+Plate Stabilizers (Extras Order)
« Reply #1657 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 05:34:30 »
Hi Sprit, just wondering if you'd posted my order from the 8/20? I've sent you an email but you haven't gotten back to me :'(
[WTB] BLANK PINK HHKB ARROW CLUSTER

Offline vulpes

« Reply #1658 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 10:27:05 »
SPRiT is moving to new office, hence the delay.
I waited quite a bit for reply, but the order was already shipped.
So don't worry, your package is probably on it's way. :)

Offline donpark

« Reply #1659 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 11:07:37 »
hi, I paid on August 11, havent received the springs yet. :/

Offline OperationT

« Reply #1660 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 22:48:36 »
First time ordering. I just submitted the form. Do I just wait for a PayPal request for payment now? Thanks!

Code 104, Ergo Clears (65g)  |  VA87M, Zealios (65g)  |  RealForce 87U (55g)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1661 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 23:29:53 »
A picture in the OP shows sip sockets, but the order form does not have any. Do you have sockets for sale?
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 23:32:04 by ideus »

Offline jlor

« Reply #1662 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:31:40 »
First time ordering. I just submitted the form. Do I just wait for a PayPal request for payment now? Thanks!

You may wish to wait a little before transferring money to Sprit. Read through the last page of this thread and the last few pages of the Sprit Model 1,2,3 thread. It is a gamble whether Sprit ships within months or years.

At the moment Sprit is ill (he says), and he hasn't been commenting on any of his threads for a while. He has however been able to ship out large shipments of PCBs to vendors, just not to his own customers.

Offline OperationT

« Reply #1663 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:36:59 »

You may wish to wait a little before transferring money to Sprit. Read through the last page of this thread and the last few pages of the Sprit Model 1,2,3 thread. It is a gamble whether Sprit ships within months or years.

At the moment Sprit is ill (he says), and he hasn't been commenting on any of his threads for a while. He has however been able to ship out large shipments of PCBs to vendors, just not to his own customers.

Hey jlor, I just read the suggested pages of said threads. I saw that you took it upon yourself to ensure that others are informed about Sprit's unreliability, and I am sincerely grateful for that. That makes you a good person, and you deserve a pat on the back.

I will stay away from ordering his springs.

Just a suggestion: I see a pattern regarding the other post I read (Sprit Model 1, 2, 3). I see a lot of you guys getting slowly tortured by losing hope on your orders and then having it restored by misleading updates, and then this cycle just keeps repeating. This seems truly unhealthy to me, to have your faith restored and broken again and again. Just count your losses and move on. Don't expect anything from him anymore, it's just unhealthy. I just really felt for you guys when I read the other post and seeing people get disappointed repeated, and was also genuinely inspired when some of you gave him a lot of benefit of the doubt. Stay positive guys. Don't lose faith in humanity! (haha, Dark Knight reference)

Code 104, Ergo Clears (65g)  |  VA87M, Zealios (65g)  |  RealForce 87U (55g)

Offline jlor

« Reply #1664 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 01:34:30 »

Hey jlor, I just read the suggested pages of said threads. I saw that you took it upon yourself to ensure that others are informed about Sprit's unreliability, and I am sincerely grateful for that. That makes you a good person, and you deserve a pat on the back.

I will stay away from ordering his springs.

Just a suggestion: I see a pattern regarding the other post I read (Sprit Model 1, 2, 3). I see a lot of you guys getting slowly tortured by losing hope on your orders and then having it restored by misleading updates, and then this cycle just keeps repeating. This seems truly unhealthy to me, to have your faith restored and broken again and again. Just count your losses and move on. Don't expect anything from him anymore, it's just unhealthy. I just really felt for you guys when I read the other post and seeing people get disappointed repeated, and was also genuinely inspired when some of you gave him a lot of benefit of the doubt. Stay positive guys. Don't lose faith in humanity! (haha, Dark Knight reference)

I'm checking up on it to see what happens. I've already written off that money. Bought a keyboard instead (CODE was available with clear switches).
But since we've started the quotes / references:
The night is darkest before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #1665 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:06:34 »
Before I place another order that my or may not be filled, Does anyone have a 7u stab gold stab wire? I need one! PM me if you have one you would be willing to sell!

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1666 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:11:36 »
Before I place another order that my or may not be filled, Does anyone have a 7u stab gold stab wire? I need one! PM me if you have one you would be willing to sell!

I need one as well.

Offline vulpes

« Reply #1667 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:35:28 »
I got my PCB yesterday!  :D

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1668 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:04:24 »

I need one as well.

I bought one from Sprit and it never came in the package with the rest of the items I ordered, messaged him a few weeks ago with no response. I lost hope on it now, he can keep the $4 and I'll take my business elsewhere.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #1669 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:16:21 »

I need one as well.

I bought one from Sprit and it never came in the package with the rest of the items I ordered, messaged him a few weeks ago with no response. I lost hope on it now, he can keep the $4 and I'll take my business elsewhere.

Thats the problem, where elseware can we get 7u gold stab wires? :P

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1670 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:18:29 »
Crap. And here I was thinking I could get some more springs and some gold stabs for my next custom.

Offline pkircher

just email him .. he usualy replys .. sprit does deliver .. i orderd stuff from him as well

Offline E3E

Well here's a switch-up: Doesn't anyone have any 6.25u gold stab wire? I need some! I actually have 7u wire, lol. I think the question isn't really where can we find 7u gold wire, but where can we find gold wire in general!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Well here's a switch-up: Doesn't anyone have any 6.25u gold stab wire? I need some! I actually have 7u wire, lol. I think the question isn't really where can we find 7u gold wire, but where can we find gold wire in general!

I would buy your 7u wire if you do not use it.

Offline jlor

just email him .. he usualy replys .. sprit does deliver .. i orderd stuff from him as well

That was in the past. I've tried to contact him via the board and email over the past half a year, he hasn't responded to me since early this year.
He's MIA unless you have a large order of 60% PCB you need fulfilled.

Offline Tyr

It's not actually gilded right ? I assume its brass.

Offline E3E

It's not actually gilded right ? I assume its brass.

I'm pretty sure SPRiT describes it as an electroplating process in the OP, saying that he's improved it over the different versions, so I do think it's actually plated, which means cutting one down to another length would be a bad idea, haha.

Offline ntitco1

Can I still place orders today?

Offline E3E

I did a few weeks ago and it worked out just fine, just that SPRiT took a long time to finally get to my order. You just have to message him every now and then to let him know. It might be frustrating, but he will eventually get around to it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I did a few weeks ago and it worked out just fine, just that SPRiT took a long time to finally get to my order. You just have to message him every now and then to let him know. It might be frustrating, but he will eventually get around to it.

I wrote him on Saturday, but I have not had an answer yet.

Offline ntitco1

Silly question: Do I have to check "Save a copy of the message to my outbox" for the PM to appear in my Sent Items?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Silly question: Do I have to check "Save a copy of the message to my outbox" for the PM to appear in my Sent Items?
Si. Or have it as a default in your personal settings.

Offline E3E

I wrote him on Saturday, but I have not had an answer yet.

Yeah, he can be notoriously spotty in his response, but it's hard to blame him. He's been keeping busy with a lot of GB stuff and managed to keep this one open for as long as it has been. I had to send at least 5 PMs to him and a few emails to finally get everything I needed. I just wish I would have asked for the 6.25u wire as well.

Offline Tyr

If you're in the EU LeandreN (who is in Norway) has some SPRiT stuff coming to his shop soontm. Might end up being quicker and cheaper.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
This is cool!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
This is cool!
It is, because I'm in need for a new 60% . I have an order with SPRiT, but I didn't get any updates from him in more than a month. Hope he's OK.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline SuperBo

Oh god. Where is Sprit now?

Offline m1raz

Ordered on Aug 19 and got no response through e-mail after Sept 3 but finally got my package today.
Maybe SPRiT just needs time to prepare the stuff and I think he should update something to let us know.

Offline jlor

Heh, you've ordered within 2 months of receiving your stuff. You have NO idea how special you are!
These things are what pisses most people in Sprits GBs off. A lot of people have waited year(s) on their order, hear nothing but see people place orders and receive their stuff within months. Fun times.

Sprit should really close down GBs or give an update on the entire situation. This is nearing the need for a ban really.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
It may be a simple case of inventory mix availability; if a particular order items are in stock why not just fulfill it.

To give balance to the comment, there is no reason to not keep paid customers always informed.

Join the two and you have a horde of mad people.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Ordered on Aug 19 and got no response through e-mail after Sept 3 but finally got my package today.
Maybe SPRiT just needs time to prepare the stuff and I think he should update something to let us know.
Show Image

Well I'm glad to see that some of the orders are delivered... that gives some hope to the others waiting...
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Malicium

« Reply #1691 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:59:33 »
I will soon use the 18k springs I got from SPRIT on my zealios switch can't wait  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1692 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:29:17 »
I will soon use the 18k springs I got from SPRIT on my zealios switch can't wait  :thumb:

Sprit sells 24kt springs and you're kind of defeating the purpose of swapping out he springs for Zealios. Zealios already come with gold springs in multiple variations, they are meant to be a better ergo-clear.

Offline SurfeitTedium

« Reply #1693 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:08:01 »
I just received my order from SPRiT, the lube station is nice and so are these gold stabs and springs!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1694 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:25:32 »

Sprit sells 24kt springs and you're kind of defeating the purpose of swapping out he springs for Zealios. Zealios already come with gold springs in multiple variations, they are meant to be a better ergo-clear.

This was what I thought also, it does not make much sense to change one gold spring for another with similar module, unless it was pretty different.

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #1695 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:57:55 »
Show Image

Same here. My order was Aug 22.

I was loosing hope reading those 2 threads, then the springs I ordered arrived. At least the springs he seems to be delivering.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #1696 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:06:39 »

Guys! Sorry for the Delay!    ;)

All the spring orders have shipped.

I have been hectic with my job in September ~ October since assigned to a new department.

Thanks for everything!   :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

I have been hectic with my job in September ~ October since assigned to a new department.

Do you still have all items in your order form? Looking to order some springs, stabs, and the lube station.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1698 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:15:09 »

It is very nice to read that you are well, as some others have asked, I wonder if I can get now some nice gold wires and springs. Is your stock updated?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1699 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 01:52:08 »

Welcome back Sprit  :)

Gonna be needing me some gold stabs soon.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More