Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1286644 times)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Re: <SPRiT Edition > 24K Gold Springs / Lube Station / ALPS Springs
« Reply #1751 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 01:16:17 »

I've always loved the font on the Apple boards

Totally Agree!
The Very Best DyeSub Caps for myself, since I started typing on my Dad's ALPS original Mac Keyboard  -  Model 0110 back in 1984.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2016, 04:50:35 by sprit »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
I'd be interested in the mods.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
I'd be interested in the mods.

Yes! Lets do it.
Modding ALPS is always a Fun!   ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2016, 04:48:28 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition > 24K Gold MX Springs / ALPS Springs / Lube Station [v 3.0]
« Reply #1754 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 05:57:10 »
The Target is to produce  ALPS  Springs  (in the late August)

-   45cN,  48cN,  52cN,  55cN,  58cN,  62cN,  68cN,  70cN,  75cN,  85cN   at the Actuation point.
-   Any opinion will be carefully listened to and shared.   
-   [IC]  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71357.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 22:38:20 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1755 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 19:36:28 »
ALPS Springs -  How to do GB (1) 

I will not invoice or ship individually for this GB.  No time to conduct that huge mission.
When it is produced, limited amounts will be shipped via Proxy or some other way.

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2016, 22:29:06 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1756 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 05:09:52 »
I dont wanna mention the Long history of the Great ALPS Era.
Its my best keySwitch, but kicked out by much cheaper rubber domes, including Topre.
Yes, its the way it goes.

141332-0 141259-1  141255-2
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 22:50:06 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1757 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 21:35:24 »
ALPS  Reference  Test Beds - I
141373-0  141397-1  141375-2  141377-3 
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 06:39:51 by sprit »

Offline dorf

• divine creator
Got my order today. Thank you, sprit! Also thank you for the 62g v3.0 sample. I will put them into my newly assembled Nerd60 with Cherry MX blue.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Got my order today. Thank you, sprit! Also thank you for the 62g v3.0 sample. I will put them into my newly assembled Nerd60 with Cherry MX blue.
So Sorry Again for the long wait after submitting order form, PMs,  ...   just for a pack of small springs.
Would be happy to hear Your New Field Report!   
Dank! dorf.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 09:33:06 by sprit »

Offline Purp

• Banned
  • the colour, not the weed
Nevermind, found the link.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 10:01:15 by Purp »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Off-topic question - can anybody tell me what plate is this and where can I order one? I saw this build log on Reddit a while ago but I'm not being able to find it again.

Show Image

Its rpeterclark's famous build. with my Clear Frosted 5mm Acrylic Plate.
In Stock but, Not to sell at this moment.  Sorry! 
*Not Even with any link.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 10:24:14 by sprit »

Offline Purp

• Banned
Off-topic question - can anybody tell me what plate is this and where can I order one? I saw this build log on Reddit a while ago but I'm not being able to find it again.

Show Image

Its rpeterclark's build. with my Clear Frosted 5mm Acrylic Plate.
In Stock but, Not to sell atm.  Sorry!

Thank you for the information, I managed to reverse image search and found the Reddit thread before you showed up. Some questions though; will Cherry/Gateron switches perfectly click to a plate that thick? 5mm seems to be pretty thick considering the standard plate thickness we normally see everywhere. Also, are you going to take orders in the near future? I'm looking to finish my build by August/September and could really use your help.

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/38xdb6/photos_spirit_60_siblings_wsmd_backlighting_mod/

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
-  The MechanicalKeyboards.com has a lot in stock in different colours.   Email, ask them please.
-  5mm (0.2 inch) Plates are exactly right to the max. thickness for the Cherry MX Switch design.   It helps much more stable, quiet,  ...

Thanks !  (I have the GH Notification On, to my email, flashes on my phone  Ha.... )

* - Cherry keyswitch_cat.pdf (425.47 kB - downloaded 211 times.) 
141407-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 10:39:07 by sprit »

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌

Show Image

Its rpeterclark's build. with my Clear Frosted 5mm Acrylic Plate.
In Stock but, Not to sell atm.  Sorry!

Thank you for the information, I managed to reverse image search and found the Reddit thread before you showed up. Some questions though; will Cherry/Gateron switches perfectly click to a plate that thick? 5mm seems to be pretty thick considering the standard plate thickness we normally see everywhere. Also, are you going to take orders in the near future? I'm looking to finish my build by August/September and could really use your help.

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/38xdb6/photos_spirit_60_siblings_wsmd_backlighting_mod/

Look at that sexy board! ;-) You are right that they don't click in, rather it's a "pressure" fit. It's very stable and sounds great! I still use that plate on one of my daily drivers.

Offline Purp

• Banned
Interesting info guys, thank you for the information and guide. You've got one lovely board there Peter! I made a quick interpretation from the information you both provided and yes, apparently 5mm thick plates won't click the switches in place. I assume that with a 5mm plate what actually holds the switch in place are the soldering joints from the PCB and the flush pressure from the cuts.

Below (on the left) you can see the exact diagram that displays the maximum thickness allowed for a MX switch assembly. I also made a crappy comparison between a normal 1.5mm plate (purple lines) and the 5mm acrylic plate from sprit (blue lines):

Offline dorf

• divine creator
So Sorry Again for the long wait after submitting order form, PMs,  ...   just for a pack of small springs.
Would be happy to hear Your New Field Report!   
Dank! dorf.

No, worries. Keep up the good work that you put into spring design. I just love them. I have your 72g in my Filco with MX black and now the 62g in my Nerd60 with MX blue. Both are version 2 so I'm a bit curious how v3 will be.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Tacksam dorf!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Interesting info guys, thank you for the information and guide. You've got one lovely board there Peter! I made a quick interpretation from the information you both provided and yes, apparently 5mm thick plates won't click the switches in place. I assume that with a 5mm plate what actually holds the switch in place are the soldering joints from the PCB and the flush pressure from the cuts.

Below (on the left) you can see the exact diagram that displays the maximum thickness allowed for a MX switch assembly. I also made a crappy comparison between a normal 1.5mm plate (purple lines) and the 5mm acrylic plate from sprit (blue lines):
Show Image

Show Image

Wonderful display! 
So you can optimize the target feelings of each switch type with  springs, lubes and Plates.
Materials, thickness, the way connected to the PCB and Case .. All are crucial variables to maximizing our typing Joy.

* Yes! Upon the Cherry design concept, plates over 1.6mm are not intended to 'clip the SW in' , but intended to 'plug direct onto the PCB', 
Cherry calls it 'PCB-mounted Switch with fixing joint pins'  - A kinda Revolutionary design back in 1984, when they introduced MX series in the exploding PC market,  when most of others are thin plated-mounted.
But the cost effective PCB-mounting keyboards were rapidly kicked out from the market, by mucho mucho cheaper Rubber dome sheet boards since late 1980's.
The Cherry was Too late to gain superiority in the market, Almost dead buried for the next 20 years....    until We Geeks saved the Cherry Alive again in 2010's.

"OMG, Thanks Geeks !" :-*     -   "No Worries, Sweety ...  Just Our Pleasure"  8)   

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:39:05 by sprit »

Offline Spaceman1200

Nice to see you back Sprit! Can't wait for your alps springs!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Nice to see you back Sprit! Can't wait for your alps springs!

Great to See You Spaceman!  "
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 10:07:50 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Sorry! Double post
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 01:30:46 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
<Answer to a Question>

There have been many stock Cherry springs,  sometimes very good, sometimes normal, or bad.
There have been many custom springs in Korea,  the quality is sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Good Custom springs will beat the bad Cherry stock ones
Good Custom springs will compete with the good Cherry stock ones ... 

It's Not the Colour  or Name, but the Quality itself .... IMO
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:49:43 by sprit »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
<Answer to a Question>

There have been many stock Cherry springs,  sometimes very good, sometimes normal, or bad.
There have been many custom springs in Korea,  the quality is sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Good Custom springs will beat the bad Cherry stock ones
Good Custom springs will compete with the good Cherry stock ones ... 

It's Not the Colour  or Name, but the Quality itself .... IMO

You just explained that to me today!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Groovy Apple Extended II   

141487-0  141489-1  141481-2
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 05:08:01 by sprit »

Offline Purp

• Banned
Thanks for the blues sprit, I apreciate it. :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Huzzah! Springs and stabilizers came, and a few springs of another size to try. Thanks, SPRiT!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Huzzah! Springs and stabilizers came, and a few springs of another size to try. Thanks, SPRiT!

So Sorry for the long wait after order form, PMs...  but never invoiced for many months.
Please Enjoy it!   Thanks!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
East Beaches in Korea  -  Kangrung

* IMG_4950.mov (4865.9 kB - downloaded 181 times.)  Video
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 22:35:56 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
ALPS  Springs   -  Introducing in August   (Update July 6)

-   Thanks for the Long Wait!   I'd like to introduce the Alps Custom Springs Worldwide.
-   Already prototyped in 2012-2014, will be mass produced from this late August.   
-   45cN,  48cN,  52cN,  55cN,  58cN,  62cN,  65cN,  68cN,  70cN,  75cN,  85cN 
-   Any opinion will be carefully listened to and shared. 
-   I will update the progress everyweek.   [IC]  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71357.0
-   I will not invoice or ship individually, The GB will be done by Proxy, or other way for limited quanty.
-   My References  :   Apple Model 0110, AEK, AEK II, IIgs,  Alps Metal SW,  Dell AT101,  SGI,  Wang 725,  NorthGate Blue,  OmniKey,  NCR,  Zenith Green Tree,  LeadingEdge 2014, 3014,  NeXT Black by Steve Jobs 1986
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 July 2016, 09:20:56 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
The ALPS GB steps in my mind is  (As the first MX Springs GB in early 2014)

-  Hear different opinions - by the end of July
-  Additional Sample production by early Aug
-  Field test by 10+ chosen members by mid Aug      https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg2239559#msg2239559
-  Set the Final candidates to produce by late Aug   - By Actuation force - 45cN,  50cN,  55cN,  60cN,  65cN,  70cN,  85cN,  100cN,  120cN  etc
-  Open the GB order form for 2-3 weeks, payment to the Proxy
-  Go to the Mass production for 2-3 weeks  (Standard & Gold plated versions)
-  Inspection and pack for 2-3 weeks
-  Ship to the Proxies will take 1 week
-  Ship to Each member - 1 week

What You guys think about this?
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2016, 18:16:09 by sprit »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
The ALPS GB steps in my mind is  (As the first MX Springs GB in early 2014)

-  Hear different opinions - by the end of July
-  Additional Sample production by early Aug
-  Field test by 10+ chosen members by mid Aug
-  Set the Final candidates to produce by late Aug
-  Open the GB order form for 2-3 weeks, payment to the Proxy
-  Go to the Mass production for 2-3 weeks  (Standard & Gold plated versions)
-  Inspection and pack for 2-3 weeks
-  Ship to the Proxies will take 1 week
-  Ship to Each member - 1 week

What You guys think about this?

Great!  :thumb:

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
News! 

Some of my Worldwide Distributors are interested in supporting the ALPS MOQ.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Very interested in ALPS springs.  I hope this group buy goes smoothly.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Alps Test Beds II

A Man lives on his dream,  Never to give up.
141721-0  141723-1   141719-2   141770-3   141774-4  141725-5  141715-6   

哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮  挾飛仙以遨遊  抱明月而長終
且夫天地之間物各有主 苟非吾之所有 雖一毫而莫取

Apple Extended Keyboard II  Mods - Is it Worth at All?       https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49407.0     
Mini Keyboards  -  Post Your Beloved or Hated !                    https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49405.0
The Wang Skull Returns                                                             https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49408.0 
Ordr    <<SNIP>>

https://youtu.be/WHm8yzC0uEs

Mod Edit: removed order link.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 December 2016, 19:20:41 by infiniti »

Offline Tobi45

Hi Sprit, nice to see you're doing fine.
Really looking forward to the Alps springs, I could use some in the near future.
These RGB switches look tasty as well, I want some :(

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hi Sprit, nice to see you're doing fine.
Really looking forward to the Alps springs, I could use some in the near future.
These RGB switches look tasty as well, I want some :(

As it has been my Dream for the long long time,
Surely It will be available in very near future for You & for me, 
By the Magic of Geeks.     :)

Appreciate Tobi45!
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2016, 19:29:13 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
This Seller offers a better Deal within Taobao.   
1pc =  2 Y  = 0.30 USD

Keyword  :   MX1A-L1NA    MX1A-E1NA    MX1A-G1NA    MX1A-A1NW    MX1A-C1NW   . . . 
Cherry               www.cherry.de/cid/keymodules.htm?cpssessionid=SID-C5D7444A-45CE4FFC
Taobao Shop   https://world.taobao.com/item/523912417943.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dyRdD9#detail    Need to Be Careful in Taobao!

141776-1 

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2016, 20:26:45 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

LEDs Inside  -  No need to desolder   April 2015

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53618.msg1721149#msg1721149    Post Your SPRiT 

141795-0 141789-1 141793-2 141791-3 141880-4  141882-5
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 00:03:15 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
141818-0  141826-1  141822-2
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 July 2016, 07:46:59 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
What is the ETA for these switches? Are you planning to sell them? I am interested, I need some switches for my next build and these look great.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
What is the ETA for these switches? Are you planning to sell them? I am interested, I need some switches for my next build and these look great.
Hello Dear ideus !
You can buy it anytime.  You guys can do a groupbuy anytime. Its open market.
I am ordering several boxes from Beijing and Shenzen Cherry Distributors (10 min from Hongkong) for my use.  Its much cheaper than buying from EU distributors.
Reselling from me will add several dollars to cover DHL, Tax, repack, ... costs.
Any Chinese member is willing to do proxy for all of us?   MOQ is 800pcs  -  8,000 pcs.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:55:45 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Hello Dear ideus !
You can buy anytime.  You guys do groupbuy anytime. Its open market.
I am ordering several boxes from Beijing and Shenzen Cherry Distributors (10 min from Hongkong) for my use.  Its much cheaper than buying from EU distributors.
Reselling from me will add several dollars to cover DHL, Tax, repack, ... costs.

Thank you for sharing the links; also, it is great that you fixed your logistics and most of your back log has been cleared, good job.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Any Chinese member is willing to do proxy for All of us?   

The MOQ is 800 pcs  -  8,000 pcs.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2016, 19:36:51 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
ALPS vintage Metal Switch

142064-0   142066-1 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
HHKB - ALPS - Cherry Dyesubs

142069-0

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

CHERRY  RGB  Videos  -  Youtube  :  SPRIT Keyboard Designs

* CHERRY RGB - 11 .mov (7262 kB - downloaded 158 times.)   

* CHERRY RGB - 12 .MOV (22793 kB - downloaded 147 times.)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 08:48:27 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 03:32:36 by sprit »