Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1285436 times)

Offline Magna224

Woo! Go sprit!

Drooling over ALPS springs

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 08:03:17 by Magna224 »
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
To have Them Lively

143448-0

-  Alps Springs GB will start on 30th August as planned      https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg2213581#msg2213581

-  FREE Shipping Worldwide over 3 packs buy

-  Regional Proxies will be chosen by the members

-  Sample Test by 10+ members will start from 2nd week August
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:00:47 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
I see it has been posted here before, but I like the burgundy stem color of the MX silent. Fully-transparent housings (as opposed to Gateron's milky-white translucent housings) are also nice IMO, as you can see the switch elements inside.

Chemistry!    Quality!

I see,  Dear Oatburner! 
I dont think The Cherry have Not considered the Transparent Bottom, but the Chemistry involves , IMO
All the requirements for the Stability, Sturdy-ness, Heat resistance ...

The Key Switches are the most essential parts of the keyboards, 

the Chinese Clones Never been successful to overcome the original Cherry Quality, 
except some smoothness, but at the cost of crappy inner contact parts, instability and wobble,  IMO.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 23:47:12 by sprit »

Offline kawasaki161

How do you control the RGB stuff? I thought your PCB only supports standard LED's.

Hi Kawasaki ! 
Advanced Synchro- Asynchronous Eco controlled.  :)
Let me take time, and tell on this later today or Tomorrow.    Thanks!

When will this "tomorrow" be :)? I don't want to bother you too much with it, but I'm very interested in that. Just post it when you have time to do so, just please do not forget about it.

Also, JDragon asked a few questions about your products before you wrote that you are back, just in case you didn't see that :D

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:04:15 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Many Ways to lit UnderGlow LEDs

Etc  Etc
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:04:33 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hello! I am thinking of placing an order for for some parts to build my own keyboard and had a few questions.

1. Is the 75% layout the same as Octagon v2, B.mini, etc.?
2. Do PCBs come with diodes/resistors presoldered?
3. Do PCBs support underlighting (RGB?) and in-switch LEDs simultaneously?
4. Are there any pictures of the various case/plate options?
5. Is a smoked top plate available? I have a 60% with SPRiT case/plate that I really like (http://imgur.com/a/A5YYX) and would like to build a similar looking board in a TKL or 75%.

Thank you!

1. Yes 
2. (Yes)
3. (Yes) in a different way
4. www.SPRiTdesign.wix.com/SPRiT
5. Yes  -  But Will not Take Orders till end of August, I am busy Sorry!
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 19:01:04 by sprit »

Offline JDragon

Thank you for the response! I will PM you with additional questions. The cases look great, I will plan to buy a case from you for my next build at end of August then. :)

Hello! I am thinking of placing an order for for some parts to build my own keyboard and had a few questions.

1. Is the 75% layout the same as Octagon v2, B.mini, etc.?
2. Do PCBs come with diodes/resistors presoldered?
3. Do PCBs support underlighting (RGB?) and in-switch LEDs simultaneously?
4. Are there any pictures of the various case/plate options?
5. Is a smoked top plate available? I have a 60% with SPRiT case/plate that I really like (http://imgur.com/a/A5YYX) and would like to build a similar looking board in a TKL or 75%.

Thank you!

1. Yes 
2. (Yes)
3. (Yes) in a different way
4. www.SPRiTdesign.wix.com/SPRiT
5. Yes  -  But Will not Take Orders till end of August, I am busy Sorry!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Cherry MX RG w  Clones   -   Stability  &  Quality ?

http://www.cherry.de/cid/keymodules.htm?cpssessionid=SID-42D1359D-21603743
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:30:54 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
A New Case?
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2016, 02:10:20 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
New Case  -  Renderings
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 19:37:25 by sprit »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
New Case  -  Renderings 

A case by you?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 18:56:50 by sprit »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Hi Sprit, does the lube station support Alps switches? I'm considering waiting till the GB for Alps springs start and getting a few packs of springs and the LSS at the same time. If it's not currently supported, will you do an updated version with Alps support?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hi Sprit, does the lube station support Alps switches? I'm considering waiting till the GB for Alps springs start and getting a few packs of springs and the LSS at the same time. If it's not currently supported, will you do an updated version with Alps support?

Hi duynguyenle !

Thanks for remind me!   Prepared last year, but forgot during my MIA and sickness.
Sure!  I will announce Alps LSS lube Station with Alps springs. 
It might support both Cherry & Alps in the LSS v3.5

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???

Hi duynguyenle !

Thanks for remind me!   Prepared last year, but forgot during my MIA and sickness.
Sure!  I will announce Alps LSS lube Station with Alps springs. 
It might support both Cherry & Alps in the LSS v3.5

That's amazing! Looking forward to the start of the Alps GB then  :thumb:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Thank You so Much for Supporting the ALPS !

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Do you have 6u wires available?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Yes, in 2 weeks!  Sir!

Stab Wires under Production at the Factory,  3u  4u  5u  6u  Wires

in Standard  / Gold Plated Versions.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 19:08:18 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Yes, in 2 weeks!  Sir!

I just hope they'd be available at good price, I am in a very tight budget for the hobby now.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Stab Wires under Production,  3u  4u  5u  6u  Wires

Standard $1 / Gold plated $3, incl Tax, Handling Fees
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2016, 19:04:12 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Yes, in 2 weeks!  Sir!

I just hope they'd be available at good price, I am in a very tight budget for the hobby now.

V 3.0 Extra 6u Wire will cost Standard $1 / Gold plated $3,  as it has been for 3 years.

The Stabs set Already price down, since July 1st, as It is FREE Shipping !

You rock.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
4u  5u  6u  6.25u   Sample Proto  -   * 6u in the pic are Cherry OG with bump type for comparison only, Not for the Real production.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 20:05:42 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
4u  5u  6u  6.25u   Sample Proto

Does the 6u with the bump works with plates? I have read about some interference with the plates if you use PCB stabs, or should it be use with plate mount stabs only?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
4u  5u  6u  6.25u   Sample Proto  * 6u in the pic are Cherry OG with bump type for comparison only, Not for the Real production.

Does the 6u with the bump works with plates? I have read about some interference with the plates if you use PCB stabs, or should it be use with plate mount stabs only?
Oh!  Sorry! Ideus   -  A comment added    :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 20:10:24 by sprit »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
4u  5u  6u  6.25u   Sample Proto  * 6u in the pic are Cherry OG with bump type for comparison only, Not for the Real production.

Oh!  Sorry! Ideus   -  A comment added    :)

Are your 6u wires going to be straight then?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Are your 6u wires going to be straight then?
Sure!  I am Straight!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 23:20:20 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
MX Clear Clone ?   Kailh MX Clear Switch  $0.12 pc 

Under Progress with Kailh  -  A New Housing Design  -   SMD LED & 2x3x4 LED compatible, Cherry MX Original Design       https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg2221092#msg2221092   
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 20:30:46 by sprit »

Offline kawasaki161

Happy birthday SPRiT.

Also, my order just arrived. Here's a quick pic (the postman was here way too early, now I'm going to be tired all day :D:

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Thanks!  Kawasaki!    :)
Happy to see it arrived safe !  after the High Altitude Stratosphere Flight !   

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
SPRiT  -  Stabs Stability Test 1  -  Custom Stabs v3.0

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2016, 21:40:09 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
SPRiT  -  Stabs Stability Test 2

144510-0

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
The Stabs  -  White, Transparent, Translucent  -  Under Quote

-  Its from the certified major keybord factories in China  (Pic above)
-  The Factories are well aware of the latest user requirements
-  The Moulds are same or very similar to the Cherry originals, under Test
-  It will be much cheaper ($3 - $4 /set @ 1,000 sets MOQ)  than the German made Cherry originals ($5 - $6 /set @200 sets MOQ)  + Shipping, Customs Tax, GST, Sorting, Packing
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2016, 21:57:19 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
My Time Frame  (August - October)

-  Ship the most of the remaining R1 R2 orders by the End of August, and the lest of them by Sept 15th

-  Start Inspection and shipping the Alu Case GB,  from Sept 17 - 30th      https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60887.msg2229376#msg2229376

-  Alps Springs GB  Inspection, Packing, Shipping,  from October 10 - 30th     https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg2213581#msg2213581

-  I am getting helpers to ship simple ones, go to and line up at the Post.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Extra Projects in progress

-  Cherry MX RGB Switches    -   $0.30-0.40 pc
-  MX Clear Tactile New Transparent Clones from Kailh and others  - $0.12 pc
-  3u 4u 5u 6u Stab Wires  -  Under production
-  Colored, White, Transparent Stab Plastics  -  Under Quote 

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
hey bud

im very interested to purchase a 60% case for my custom pcb

its a b.face pcb and it has leds at the buttom. i wasnt really happy with the case it came with(pure acrylic) and now  want to fully dismantle it and rebuild it.

what custom case do you suggest for this keyboard?

cheers

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
hey bud
its a b.face pcb and it has leds at the buttom. i wasnt really happy with the case it came with(pure acrylic) and now  want to fully dismantle it and rebuild it.
cheers
Show Image

Show Image

Hello Mate!   I d like to say depends on Your taste on the typing style, portability, etc
Need more info on your side

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
hey bud
cheers
Show Image

Show Image

Hello Mate!   I d like to say depends on Your taste on the typing style, portability, etc
Need more info on your side

i still want a led compatible case, which material are you using? polycarbonate or acrylic?

i want the sides the be frosted(diffused) and the top and buttom to have a solid color(sandwich effect)

are your aluminum plates compatible with those kinds of cases? coz id prefer something aluminum either the plate or the bottom for a more solid feel

i also need a set of cherry stabilizers :D

any suggestions would be highly appreciated tho :D thanks!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
As You say you want sturdier stable case,  I guess You dont like the b.face case for its a stack of multiple thin 2mm and 3mm layers.
I'd like to recommend You take a time to look at the existing commercial cases on the market.
A good source for the Infos might be the www.MechanicalKeyboards.com  USA

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
As You say you want sturdier stable case,  I guess You dont like the b.face case for its a stack of multiple thin 2mm and 3mm layers.
I'd like to recommend You take a time to look at the existing commercial cases on the market.

it would have been fine if it had something aluminum in between :thumb:

Thanks! research more regarding this matter and give you an update soon :D

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

it would have been fine if it had something aluminum in between :thumb:
Thanks! research more regarding this matter and give you an update soon :D
OK!  I got it What You want.
See You soon!   THanks!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Switch Samples from KaiHua (Kailh)  $0.12 piece

-  Transparent Top + White Bottom Now,    All Transparent SW will be available Soon $0.13 pc 

-  No.1 Seller in the MX Compatible Keyboard Market
-  Highly Stable Structure,  Nice Inner Parts,  No Wobbles,  Smooth,  Reliable QC

144772-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:44:23 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
WANTED!  -  ALPS Spring Testers

-  The Alps springs are under Sample production, will come to me in 7 working days.
-  Need 11 - 15 Testers for the pre-Evaluation for us, before start the mass production in mid September
-  Candidates will be Who has long term experiences on Alps keyboards
-  5 kinds of different weight, each 65pcs will be offered For Free, for the Blind Test w/o labeling.

-   All Testers' Reports will be posted simultaneously, to prevent possible influences from other Tester's

-   Criticism on the weak points (cons) will be encouraged than the favorable flattering (pros)   -   For our members' sake.
-  Some aspects of Evaluation will be categorized and shown as Numbers & Charts

-   I will pay $10, a Tester pay $10 for the EMS Express Delivery (2-3 days) for the faster progress
-   Please Reply to this, who wants to be one of  'The very first ALPS custom Spring Testers in the world'

-   E2E , duynguyenle , tjweir , SJHL , Magna224,  nateth,  itzmeluigi , jswill , Spaceman1200  -  have applied thru PM and reply,   I d like to invite Hasu,  JDCarpe,  jacobolus 
 ,  njbair,  Proximity,  CPTBadAss,  Nubbinator  to criticize it for all of us, wish they may have some free time!    Need some 2-3 more Volunteers! 
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 August 2016, 17:48:42 by sprit »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
WANTED!  -  Alps Spring Testers

-  The Alps springs are under Sample production, will come to me in 7 days.
-  Need 11 Testers for the pre-Evaluation for us, before mass production
-  I will pay $10, a Tester pay $10 for the Express Shipping (2-3 days) for the faster progress
-  Reply to this who wants to be one of The very first ALPS custom Spring Testers in the world

You should contact cptbadass!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

-  The Alps springs are under Sample production, will come to me in 7 working days.
-  Need 11 Testers for the pre-Evaluation for us, before start the mass production in mid September
-  I will pay $10, a Tester pay $10 for the Express Shipping (2-3 days) for the faster progress
-  Please Reply to this, who wants to be one of  'The very first ALPS custom Spring Testers in the world'

E2E,  duynguyenle,  tjweir,  SJHL  has applied thru PM and reply,   I d like to invite Hasu, JDCarpe, njbair,  Magna224,  Proximity,  CPTBadAss,  Nubbinator to criticize it for all of us.  Need more Volunteers! 
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 11:06:32 by sprit »

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

-  Need 11 Testers for the pre-Evaluation for us, before start the mass production in mid September
-  Please Reply to this, who wants to be one of  'The very first ALPS custom Spring Testers in the world'

Happy to help test ALPS springs.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
New Kailh Switches  -  Test  I

I love the Blue Clicky SWs on the left, it reminds me of the Legendary Alps Blues, though Not the same at all, differer from their fundamental structures, but some similarities on its weight, refreshing loud sound, feels, bumps at actuation point, smoothness, start point feels, nice pressure curve with bouncing bottom out,  wide cinema like cool acoustics, stability, much real metallic sound due to wider clicky stems, the best among Cherry MX family and the Clone bastards.   Outstanding!

Sound Test 1 -  * Kailh Blues w Squared Stem.m4a (64.08 kB - downloaded 114 times.)  Recorded within 1 inch distance,  bare Switch w bare fingers
Sound Test 2 -  * Kailh Blues 2.m4a (201.46 kB - downloaded 111 times.)  Recorded within 2 inch distance,  Switchs w Olivetti OG DoubleShot Caps and inside 5mm Acrylic Plate
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 08:55:03 by sprit »

Offline Magna224

E2E,  duynguyenle,  tjweir,  SJHL  has applied thru PM and reply,   I d like to invite Hasu, JDCarpe, njbair,  Magna224,  Proximity,  CPTBadAss,  Nubbinator to criticize it for all of us.  Need more Volunteers! 

I had been eyeing that on my lunch break. Now I have to :rolleyes:
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Thank You Sir,  We are Happy to have you! 

Offline airs

New order for you SPRiT! Thank you.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS