Author Topic: The Input Club Kira has Arrived!  (Read 2190 times)

Offline gamebynight

• MMORPG
The Input Club Kira has Arrived!
« on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 13:50:42 »
Hi all! Forgive me if this should be posted under reviews but I haven't actually used the keyboard enough to "review" it. I thought I'd share some pictures and first impressions, though? Mods, let me know if this needs to be moved.

Anyhow, Andrew at Input Club sent me a pre-release prototype of the Kira. Guys, this might be my dream board. The layout is just perfect for me and it types like a dream with Hako Clears.  The lighting is just gorgeous and gives a nice underglow effect. I can't wait to get into the software (hopefully updated this week) and get to customizing! Anyhow, if you guys have any thoughts or questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Hopefully this gives you a good impression of what's on offer, though!

Big thanks to Input Club for sending me the unit for review!

207690-0
207692-1
207694-2
207696-3
207698-4
207700-5
207702-6

Thanks all!
Hardware Editor - MMORPG.com

Offline Taborcarn

Re: The Input Club Kira has Arrived!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 13:39:51 »
I know you've only had it for a very short time, but please do let us know if you see any keycap stretching issues after repeated use.  The Kiras are only using the old stock Box switches and although IC claims that the oversized stems are not a problem with the keycaps they are using, I'd like to see if that holds true with real-world usage.

Thanks!

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 14:34:02 »
Does the case come with the retail/pre-order version?
Also would be nice if the keycap puller and keyswitch puller came with.

Offline 2ndRoad805

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 00:21:07 »
Am I able to have a 2u “0” key on the numpad? I don’t care for the arrow cluster. Would just want a normal bottom row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk