Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Communication 2011-12-09  (Read 5155 times)

Offline cbf123

Truly Ergonomic Communication 2011-12-09
« on: Fri, 09 December 2011, 22:03:13 »
Just got the following email....

We are pleased to confirm we have started shipping the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard.

All pre-orders will be on their way by Wednesday December 14th. We are shipping from our warehouse in Vancouver, Canada, so depending on the delivery address, it will take from a couple of days to a few days for you to receive it (without the need of Santa's elves help).

Depending on the shipment courier and/or our distributor, you may receive an automated email with a shipping tracking number. Such email-address will be from a different domain other than @trulyergonomic.com. Such email is only for information purposes and you have no need to take any action if you receive it. Please do not reply to such email as they are not monitored and will be unanswered.

If we are able to provide a tracking number, you will receive an automated email in this regard. Should you have any other questions or require additional information, send us an email to TE_customer_service@trulyergonomic.com

We thank you very much for all your on-going support during the manufacturing phase.

Best regards,
The Truly Ergonomic team
Daily drivers are:
Microsoft Natural (the original, and still going strong)
Microsoft Natural Elite

Offline sordna

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 00:20:34 »
Oooh, great news! Looking forward to reviews and pics!
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 00:32:10 »
Awesome, or just another keyboard...the jury awaits...

So many nice features (except the DIP switch downgrade)...I am hopeful for positive reviews.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 01:00:59 »
Quote from: input nirvana;467590
Awesome, or just another keyboard...the jury awaits...

So many nice features (except the DIP switch downgrade)...I am hopeful for positive reviews.

From what I read, the DIP switches are in addition to the keyboard being programmable via software. So I don't think it's a downgrade. Read the section on DIP switches here: http://www.trulyergonomic.com/blog.html
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 01:29:10 »
Mmmm, I see....

I want to hear about the feel of the Enter key and if there are any issues with the Backspace right below it. I've seen that there is a height difference, but that's about the only key issue I have with it.

I'm very curious to see what the controller is capable of, and what they have available with the software.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 December 2011, 01:41:41 by input nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline Gerk

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 05:17:28 »
Very exciting ... I will take pics and post thoughts right away if/when my TE board arrives ... also they let me switch it at the last minute to cherry reds ... so I've got a model 109 w/ reds that will hopefully be in transit this coming wednesday :)
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 07:36:18 »
I can't even remember what I settled on as far as switches. (probably blue or brown since I am a tactile feedback guy)

I believe I went with legends on the keys due to the learning curve.

Anyways, should be interesting here in a couple of weeks.

Offline Mackansson

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 04:37:06 »
Hmm, I wonder how long it will take to get the board to me, in Sweden...

Will they send it by boat or air? I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get my board before christmas.

fossala

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 04:43:32 »
Who wants to bet that they will all get lost in transit?

Offline sordna

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 04:58:43 »
Quote from: fossala;468176
Who wants to bet that they will all get lost in transit?

"We regret to inform you that our intended shipping carrier, UPS, did not meet our demanding specifications. They only have brown trucks. We were counting on blue trucks as well, to deliver the click-tactile version of our keyboards. Ensuring a holistic customer experience is important to our clients, and we are not willing to cut any corners. Rest assured we will be looking for a different carrier diligently. We will conclude on the best carrier to ship your Truly Ergonomic Keyboards by February 2012. So even though you will not have your keyboards by Christmas, you will have them by Easter for sure."

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 05:33:43 »
Heh. This is exciting news though, I'm eagerly awaiting pictures and reviews.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 10:36:58 »
Sordna-
You a comedian now? If so, stop cut/past TE emails and get some original material.

:)

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 14:48:15 »
That was worth a chuckle. :P
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline Columnaire

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 28 December 2011, 11:16:59 »
Hello. I am a new user on Geekhack. I am a Truly Ergonomic keyboard owner; I received mine a couple weeks ago. I've enjoyed it very much -- so much, in fact, that I created a forum specifically for the keyboard. I looked elsewhere on the tubes for a forum dedicated to this keyboard and did not find one. Unfortunately Geekhack doesn't want me, as a new user, to post URLs, so the best I can do is to spell it out for you:

trulyergonomicfans dot logicmasons dot com

There you can also find a link to a brief review of the keyboard. Please excuse the linkwhoring, which is not for spamming but for passing on information requested in this forum (for a review, specifically). Good luck all! I'm happy to answer any other questions if you have them, either here or at TrulyErgonomicFans.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 00:44:29 »
http://trulyergonomicfans.logicmasons.com/

You need 15 posts before you can do links. Another good strategy is the Hxxp: instead of HTTP:

Both the reviews on the forum have been listed here, and there's a cross posting of bugs, etc. All in all, it looks really great! Good luck with your forum, Columnaire!

Bytheway, that second review, (linked below) the guy says he'll do another one, addresing the ergonomic benefits soon. I think that'll be exciting, as I really liked the first review.
http://www.sacrideo.us/v5/blog/review_truly_ergo

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 06:55:52 »
Columnaire, please turn off posting approval moderation, it's annoying and will prevent people from using the board. If anybody spams you can just delete it after the fact.
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.