Author Topic: [IC]The Toxic set [OP updated 12/08]  (Read 90166 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [IC]The Toxic set [OP updated 11/19]
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:52:11 »
Depending on how soon you want to collect money, that might be a good thing.  Sounds like a lot of people won't be in a position to pay until next year (I would prefer this too).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:01:48 »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't intend to close the group buy (once it is open) until February or March. Money collection takes place right after the group buy is closed. Orders will be taken for 4-5 months just like the Sanctuary set.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:28:16 »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't intend to close the group buy (once it is open) until February or March. Money collection takes place right after the group buy is closed. Orders will be taken for 4-5 months just like the Sanctuary set.

This pleases me. I was a little worried about missing out on this set. But now I am certain that I'll be able to pick myself up a full one.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:36:38 »
oh, this mockup from valentine GB? I see a bug from right win key and "?" key not straight :) I fixed it :D

why we use tab, caplock, shift, enter and backspace like valentine GB? I don't like a arrow up on SP's shifft key T_T it's thin :|

Offline nunobet

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:39:39 »
How about the 'Command' or 'Cmd' key for Mac user?
in tsangan set or extra set...

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:25:16 »
Yeah its kind of a bummer that it is, I also think that doing two runs of this may be a good idea, lots of people really like the cream cheese and green and sets are going for close to 100$ I think that if it was done in two runs people who are on the fence can make a decision whether or not they like it so that they're not more group buys like the Red Alert 2.0 and look-a-likes because people were unsure of what they were getting. I think that two group buys over a 5-6 month period would be a good idea. This also helps get imperfections out early like the stepped caps mistake in CCnG. This is just my two cents though.
If we are able to use the Cherry legends those have been, and continue to be meticulously analyzed for accuracy in pursuit of perfection. If we end up having to use WYSE then those legends are pretty solid and we should not have any issues. Now that the stepped caps have been worked out that shouldn't be an issue. Pretty much the maturity through previous group buys will help ensure this goes without a hitch.

Also the vendor pack may be made available earlier than the main set so those on the fence can order and see what the "TOX" green color will be like in person before making the call on whether or not to jump on the main set. If non double shot vendors want to get on board with the vendor pack this may complicate things.

I'm also curious would people prefer Windows 8 logo for the windows keys, or the older style Windows keys?

Fair enough, point well made. I also didn't think about if we had like 50 orders for the first run and 40 for the second, it would be better to get the 90 discount than the other two.
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:33:56 »
I still prefer the look with the toxic modifiers.
Well you should be able to buy it, with only one modifier set I'm sure plenty of people will pick it up.

So where do we want the 1.75x shift keys? With the tsangan kit or with the ISO kit? I'm inclined to leave it with the tsangan and remove it from the ISO set, but then fewer iso sets may be purchased.

it belongs in the tsangan kit
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:35:45 »
Batmann worked his butt off to get out the most recent mock ups but they just need a few minor tweaks and I can calculate pricing and start the group buy. I *could* just calculate prices and use the current pictures and have text noting what changes will be made until the images are revised. I believe Batmann is about to go, or just left for a vacation and will not be able to update the mock ups for a bit.

danielucf,

does this mean you aren't going to wait a couple of months for cherry legends? I really really want to have the option of something other than classic dolch when those suckers come out!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Re: [IC]Charcoal and Lime "Toxic"
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:36:27 »
Additionally the "+" key for the number pad might need a toxic colored 1x "+" also but I'm not sure how the keys line up with the main number row so maybe it isn't needed. inlikeflynn can let us know

that would probably be good too :)

In my head, here is how I think this should look on an 1800 (which was possible with CCnG set except for the 1x "+" where I just use a GH key instead)
profiles are of course wrong on Delete/End/PageDown/- and the non-existant + key, but that is ok by me. I'm just happy to have keys to go there :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 November 2012, 23:26:20 by inlikeflynn »
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 23:44:08 »
i need 1.5mod(tsangsan )of toxic green color.. please add the toxic grreen ctrl, alt and shift.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #310 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 00:37:17 »
danielucf,

does this mean you aren't going to wait a couple of months for cherry legends? I really really want to have the option of something other than classic dolch when those suckers come out!

Cheers,
I can start the group buy when ever. It is going to run for a long time and the main goal is to wait for Cherry legends. I'm still waiting for someone to come forward and update the time table, but last time that I can remember someone mentioned November or December cherry legends would be ready. I want this set to be cherry legends. If something crazy happened and it turned into August/September next year they will be ready then we may not wait until then.

i need 1.5mod(tsangsan )of toxic green color.. please add the toxic grreen ctrl, alt and shift.
It is in the original post that we will sell a tsangan to match the TOX modifiers, Batmann just hasn't made the mock ups for everything yet. Everything that will be sold is also mentioned in the original post. I noted in the thread title that the original post (OP) was updated today and every time it is updated in the future I will update the date until the group buy goes live.

We are getting close but I'm trying to do everything right in the interest check so it can be clear when the group buy goes live.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #311 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:59:37 »
Is there any sort of vague estimate of how much this might cost?  Like around $50, or closer to $100?

At least then I can save up a little bit each month, and the wait will not seem as bad as I will be working towards the end goal :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:30:47 »
Is there any sort of vague estimate of how much this might cost?  Like around $50, or closer to $100?
Well the Sanctuary base set was around $58 before shipping and this should be only a bit more keys than that since it will have a full tsangan, although we could probably trim the tsangan keys down, and even ditch the two 1.25x windows keys. The numpad was around $27 in Sanctuary I think. Modifier set should be in the range of $23-27. Tox tsangan by itself probably $13-18 range.

Offline mickd

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:02:22 »
Keep in mind the Sanctuary set had a full set of custom legends, and a lot of orders to keep the base set down. These legend costs are probably what also kept the numpad cost (for example) high since less people generally order that.

Do you have any plans for some custom legends on some of the modifiers?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:14:50 »
Keep in mind the Sanctuary set had a full set of custom legends, and a lot of orders to keep the base set down. These legend costs are probably what also kept the numpad cost (for example) high since less people generally order that.

Do you have any plans for some custom legends on some of the modifiers?
Yep the flask and bubbles that are shown in the mock ups.

Offline mickd

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:28:40 »
Sorry, should of been more specific! I mean't with the tab, caps lock, shift, backspace and stuff. Kind of like what the original korean RA set had. They look smexy!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:43:44 »
Sorry, should of been more specific! I mean't with the tab, caps lock, shift, backspace and stuff. Kind of like what the original korean RA set had. They look smexy!
Going for cherry legends, unless people think they want tab, shift, backspace, etc as the 7bit legends with everything else cherry font.

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:07:15 »
wow, wait for cherry font :)

In this moockup I use GE on dark grey and VAT on Green

8246-0

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:16:23 »
very cool! Would like a set depending on what the final color scheme is, I actually liked what was in OP
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Mangeun Ethan Jang

• Location: Molundae LotteCastle Apt. 106-1003, Dadae1-dong, Saha-Gu, Busan, South Korea
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:33:21 »
Fantastic!! Interestd!!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:49:17 »
wow, wait for cherry font :)

In this moockup I use GE on dark grey and VAT on Green
Looks pretty nice with the Cherry legends, we are going to get a new shade of green made just for this set though, Pantone color 381 or 382 I believe (it is somewhere in the thread). I wish Batmann had the Cherry font file you used for making your mock up *wink wink nudge nudge*

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:55:01 »
Yeah I really like the green shown in the OP. I don't think there could be a more fitting color. It's also pretty exciting getting to have keys in a color never seen on a keyboard before.
Those Cherry fonts looks great though.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:58:56 »
That is pretty. Would love it very much!  :cool: :cool:

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 11:06:16 »
I was thinking of picking up a set of RA for my 1st set of replacements...until I saw this set  :p But I believe the green should be as toxic a colour as possible.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:20:20 »
it can be record GB. w0w~

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:10:03 »

What do you mean, lee?

Cheers,

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:59:34 »

What do you mean, lee?

Cheers,

I think he means this set has caught a lot of peoples eye, and will probably sell in considerable numbers. If we get it on Korean forums, and deskthority in addition to here at geekhack I'm sure we can hit some nice numbers.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 17:28:19 »

What do you mean, lee?

Cheers,

I think he means this set has caught a lot of peoples eye, and will probably sell in considerable numbers. If we get it on Korean forums, and deskthority in addition to here at geekhack I'm sure we can hit some nice numbers.

Yeah that was my guess, but I was curious about the current record for orders. Would be great to have another really amazingly popular keyset brought  out by a GHer.

Cheers,

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 17:32:54 »
A the rate that this thing is going, by the time you're collecting payments it'll be pretty cheap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 18:07:28 »
That's the idea :)

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 00:57:00 »

What do you mean, lee?

Cheers,

Right ~! :)

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 02:41:09 »
Looks pretty nice with the Cherry legends, we are going to get a new shade of green made just for this set though, Pantone color 381 or 382 I believe (it is somewhere in the thread). I wish Batmann had the Cherry font file you used for making your mock up *wink wink nudge nudge*

This font is helvetica rounded, some difference between it and cherry font... "G" and "t" :D

Offline tinyblob

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 06:41:54 »
I'm a bit late to the party. I love these colours and would definitely be interested if a UK version were available. I can see myself moving to US layout soon, I'm so jealous of all these awesome caps.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:58:37 »
I'm a bit late to the party. I love these colours and would definitely be interested if a UK version were available. I can see myself moving to US layout soon, I'm so jealous of all these awesome caps.
Wouldn't the ISO pack make the Toxic set UK compatible?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 10:48:34 »

yup

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 13:51:46 »
Hmm . I like it :p

Offline HNix

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:03:06 »
verry cool :-ss

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:05:53 »
Would be very interested in modifier set and iso addon set.

Offline TDub

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 03:14:36 »
The Mockups look awesome, if the final set is even half as awesome I am definitely in for a set :)

Offline tinyblob

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 06:00:26 »

Hah! That image must not have loaded when I looked, brilliant! I'm interested then.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #340 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:03:24 »
Will people actually buy just the modifier set without a base set? I ask because I was considering eliminating the toxic color keys from the modifier set that are already included with the base set like "~`", Backspace, Insert, Home, and PgUp. This would make the modifier set cheaper and those are not really keys that people need two of. Pretty much trying to trim down keys that are not needed, and also eliminate potential duplicates.

Offline pasph

« Reply #341 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 21:33:03 »
I will
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #342 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 22:17:53 »
The fact that there will be biohazard and crossbones legends makes me tingly inside.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #343 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 22:22:40 »
Looks more yellow than green...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #344 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 22:42:47 »
It is a yellowy sort of green?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 22:59:44 »
Btw the mold I had made for biohazard doesn't have the triangle/hole in the center of the biohazard logo. I agree that looks better though if it can be done- I think it should turn out alright. I'll foot the bill for a new one if you want to try that or we can just use mine for free like we discussed earlier. We would need to modify my .svg though.

Offline i488

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 23:17:14 »
in for at least one set

Offline Ragnar

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:54:13 »
Will people actually buy just the modifier set without a base set? I ask because I was considering eliminating the toxic color keys from the modifier set that are already included with the base set like "~`", Backspace, Insert, Home, and PgUp. This would make the modifier set cheaper and those are not really keys that people need two of. Pretty much trying to trim down keys that are not needed, and also eliminate potential duplicates.

I will be picking up base + mods so I wouldn't need the duplicate toxic keys.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 20:28:09 »

I will be picking up base + mods so I wouldn't need the duplicate toxic keys.

I don't really see a purpose to only the mods set... so I say go for it!

in41+mods

Cheers,

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:04:58 »
I do think reducing the modifier set by 5 keys, one of which is the 2X backspace key, would bring down the modifier set price a noticeable amount. I also think that the few people that would want only the modifier set could probably pick up the 5 missing keys directly from Signature Plastics from the extras they normally have. I could be wrong on this and maybe extras isn't so bad. The other options are for the color stripe to be available separate with reduced keys and it would be required to match it with the modifier set to get the five keys, or the modifier set is where the extra 1 through = keys could go.