Author Topic: [GB]LZ Alps pcb + plate and LZ-FE diffuser(Shipping)  (Read 79054 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
[GB]LZ Alps pcb + plate and LZ-FE diffuser(Shipping)
« on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 02:50:22 »
We(Me and Bocahgundul) have spoken to Life Zone and Leeku and figured out a way to offer an alps solution for all Alu LZ TKL keyboards(with and exception of LZ-R).
We will offer a plate + PCB(a kit) you will be able to add in RGB leds and a acrylic diffuser.

For those who are not familiar with the Life Zones work, you can check out his many keyboards at :

http://lzlife.tistory.com/

We need to achieve a MOQ of 18 pcbs+plates to get this to happen, so shout out to all your friends which has a LZ TKL board! We will not sell any diffusers or leds unless we hit MOQ of the plates and pcbs.

Order placed, 6 weeks approximately until the order fullfilment(Mid june)

Payment status 12/12

Offerings:

The PCB is made by Leeku and is called L3 ALPhaS.
The pcb is programmed with JigOn firmware, can be found here: http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

here are some shots from kbdlab with the pcb sitting in a orion v2:

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2381083&mid=board_Lsno50

The plate is made by lifezone, you will be able to choose one between 3 different layouts:

• AEK II. Someone has to correct us if we are wrong but aek houses four 1.5, two 1,25 mods and a 6.5u spacebar. Only compatible with a LZ keyboards without winkey blockers
  • Dell at101 and SGI type plate, Standard WKL(ansi 84 key) layout originating from dell at101 and SGI keyboards.This is compatible with all LZ keyboards.
  • Dell at101W, this is a standard ANSI 87 key layout we all know from a standard tkl(filco, cmstorm quickfire, ducky etc) Only compatible with a LZ keyboards without winkey blockers.

80$ (43+37) Right now we only offer a pcb with a plate. So no plate or pcb only orders.

We are glad to introduce PCB only orders at 43$

the pcbs are of the same dimension as a a87, and should fit in most korean custom cases.

RGB Leds

Enough leds to fit a pcb 6$

Acryllic Diffuser (3mm thick) 7$ LZ-FE ONLY

You will also be able to use this if you have a MX pcb with some kind of side leds, like a Nerd or tx87 etc. Again ths only fits LZ-FE.

This diffuser has been prototyped by yuktsi. And reworked by LZ
More

image stolen from the “post your Korean keyboard” thread,thanks for the potato yuktsi!

Drawing by LZ:

Shipping

Shipping will be done from Life Zone himself, if your country does not fit into any of these groups Please send us a pm and we will try get a more accurate quote for you ,also if you plan to buy more than one kit. Please pm us. As this is pricing for 1 kit(plus leds and diffuser)

Shipping to Asia: 21$
Shipping to Europe 31,5$
Shipping to America 42$

All orders will be billed a gb handling fee of 2$

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here in the thread. Q&A will be created along the way.

Submit your order here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16oSZ63JR4ADgeOWZZTt15-goBVavyF5iX9ZrCS942Pw/viewform

We want to thank LZ, Leeku and yuktsi which made this possible.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Re: [GB]LZ Alps pcb + plate and LZ-FE diffuser
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 02:50:36 »
Q&A:

Current MOQ status?

18/10 Plates
18/18 Pcbs

Does at101 and at101W have stepped caps lock?

Yes

Are controller parts soldered on?

All controller parts are pre soldered, diodes and resistors are not(for switches).

Is the AEKII plate fully compatible with and aek keycaps(ie is the function row switches rotated)?

Yes

Lz tkl models:

LZ FE
LZ RE
LZ SE
LZ GH
LZ S
LZ F

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 14:00:18 »
Sweet, approved. Lets get this thing rolling. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 14:13:44 »
You'll want to call out whether the Caps Lock is stepped or not for the AT101/AT101W plates. If they are stepped then vintage caps will fit, however the Alpine Winter and any future SP caps will not.

I personally don't own an LZ board, but it's great to see more Alps custom love!  :thumb:

Edit:

Also AEK function rows are rotated, so you have the same dilemma there with vintage v. new caps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 March 2016, 14:26:51 by jbondeson »

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 15:06:01 »
You'll want to call out whether the Caps Lock is stepped or not for the AT101/AT101W plates. If they are stepped then vintage caps will fit, however the Alpine Winter and any future SP caps will not.

I personally don't own an LZ board, but it's great to see more Alps custom love!  :thumb:

They are the same  :thumb:

I guess i was unclear, both layouts have stepped caps lock. Added to the Q&A. You can see it on the pictures as well. caps and tab are located on the same horizontal coordinate

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 16:51:55 »
Sweet that this got approved  :thumb:

Let's spread the love

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 16:59:26 »
If this GB only came with PCB and Plate only, then where can I get the case compatible with this PCB?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:02:06 »
If this GB only came with PCB and Plate only, then where can I get the case compatible with this PCB?
You could search for LZ tkl board
I don't know where can you find 1 tho

but yeah a fellow Indonesian  :thumb:

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:37:23 »
Does this support the LZ-SE 84?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 18:15:55 »

I don't think that's the problem. I just want to be clear about case compatibility, since OP mentioned that this PCB (and Plate) is compatible with all TKL cases, including Varmilo TKL Aluminium cases, TEX/Filco ONI TKL cases?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 18:27:15 »

I don't think that's the problem. I just want to be clear about case compatibility, since OP mentioned that this PCB (and Plate) is compatible with all TKL cases, including Varmilo TKL Aluminium cases, TEX/Filco ONI TKL cases?

It's compatible for LZ specific TKL boards, not just any TKL.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Perish

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 23:48:42 »
For clarity, no LZ case is a part of the buy? That would need to be sourced separately by the buyer correct?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 00:43:42 »
For clarity, no LZ case is a part of the buy? That would need to be sourced separately by the buyer correct?
Yes, no case are being offered in this GB  :thumb:

It just fit LZ made keyboard in TKL design

Do you even read the post thoroughly bro?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2016, 00:58:44 by bocahgundul »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 01:14:23 »

It just fit LZ made keyboard in TKL design

Do you even read the post thoroughly bro?

Chill bocah, he's new and it doesn't say anywhere in the OP that a case is not included.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2016, 01:30:01 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:16:02 »
One question: Are the controller parts came pre-soldered? Thanks.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:17:50 »
One question: Are the controller parts came pre-soldered? Thanks.

Let me check, but im 90% sure controller parts come presoldered.

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 03:36:15 »
Nice  :thumb:

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 05:01:56 »
I also added a field and change one in the form. Guys who already submitted an entry please fill in the new field and changed on.

What i added is a forum name field, so i can contact you if there are some issues.
I also change the plate+pcb section so you can speficy which plate layout you want.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:02:35 »
So I'm interested if I can get a case... Where does one source a case? Do you have to buy a used one from someone who already has one or will LZ make a new batch? If the latter then I'll join. The former and I'm not interested.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:13:40 »
So I'm interested if I can get a case... Where does one source a case? Do you have to buy a used one from someone who already has one or will LZ make a new batch? If the latter then I'll join. The former and I'm not interested.

unfortuneatley you need a to buy a used one, or wait untill LZ starts making a new one(which i dont think is planned currently)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:14:09 »

Controller parts are soldered, resistors and diodes are not.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:27:07 »

buybuybuy

All the best with the GB :)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:37:43 »

buybuybuy

All the best with the GB :)
:thumb:

Also, Everyone who has ordered, please update your response because i had to make a change to the form.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 06:36:56 »

Lz has created a IC for some kind of ironman board. Looks pretty cool. Have to ask him if it will be compatible.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80196.0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 11:00:28 »
:eek:  Just saw this buy now.  :eek:

Very intriguing.  :D  I'm certainly not the biggest Alps fan out there, but I've been rather disappointed with the feel of the MX Blues I have in my LZ-GH - having the option to swap out the PCB/plate with a drop-in solution like this is great, and will give me some motivation to try "high-end" Alps switches.  ;)

It looks like the PCB supports 90 degree rotated switches in the F-row to accommodate AEKII keycaps - correct?  If so, I will likely place an order.  :)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 11:02:54 »

Very intriguing.  :D  I'm certainly not the biggest Alps fan out there, but I've been rather disappointed with the feel of the MX Blues I have in my LZ-GH - having the option to swap out the PCB/plate with a drop-in solution like this is great, and will give me some motivation to try "high-end" Alps switches.  ;)

It looks like the PCB supports 90 degree rotated switches in the F-row to accommodate AEKII keycaps - correct?  If so, I will likely place an order.  :)

make sure you get more than one kit.  I had enough brown alps for my Duck Orion V2, but I used blue alps cause Hype.  Was a mistake.  I am now back to square one.  Try those switches if you can first!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 11:07:51 »

make sure you get more than one kit.  I had enough brown alps for my Duck Orion V2, but I used blue alps cause Hype.  Was a mistake.  I am now back to square one.  Try those switches if you can first!

I've tried enough switch types to get a good feel for them, thankfully.  I still don't buy all the hype with most of them, but after being relatively underwhelmed with Matias QuietClicks I'm ready to give some of the others a chance in a kustom board and see how that goes.  Just hoping I can find a semi-decent price.  :))

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 11:15:33 »
How long will this GB be open for?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 12:28:45 »

Let me check that.

28 march(this year :))

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 21:25:38 »
Just saw this.  Might buy.  I'll have to think about it.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 21:30:36 »

just do it TM

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 00:46:27 »

I'm gonna check that for you hoff!

28 march but we will let it open for more to meet the moq

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 01:42:00 »

PCB supports it atleast. get back to you on the plate.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 04:23:26 »

[/quote
Confirmed that its rotated 90 degree

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 04:49:10 »
Im waiting for your order Hoff :D

Offline limitz

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 08:47:02 »
Joined, thanks for reminder  :thumb:
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 08:53:37 »

I ordered.  :D  I think I butchered the form though.   I put my entire address in the 'address' section, because I didn't see a section for 'city'.  It should be easy to figure out though.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to reprimand me for my stupidity.  :P

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 08:54:29 »

I ordered.  :D  I think I butchered the form though.   I put my entire address in the 'address' section, because I didn't see a section for 'city'.  It should be easy to figure out though.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to reprimand me for my stupidity.  :P

Its rather me who should add a city section. Ill fix

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 08:56:22 »
great work

gl guys

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 08:59:45 »
great work

gl guys
Thank you bunny!

I ordered.  :D  I think I butchered the form though.   I put my entire address in the 'address' section, because I didn't see a section for 'city'.  It should be easy to figure out though.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to reprimand me for my stupidity. 
OuO hoff joining team alps yo
Joined, thanks for reminder  :thumb:
Yay thank you!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:02:24 »
gais dont forget to add your layouts! otherwise ill have to send a bunch of pms.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:17:56 »
I'm in. It's all about the Alps.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:19:13 »
gais dont forget to add your layouts!

Oops.  :-[

Added.  But I also switched from 2 kits to 1 kit.  :(  Sorry, but after some more thought I just can't justify having three PCBs for the same board.  :|

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:25:04 »
I'm in. It's all about the Alps.

Sweet!

great work

gl guys

Thanks!

gais dont forget to add your layouts!

Oops.  :-[

Added.  But I also switched from 2 kits to 1 kit.  :(  Sorry, but after some more thought I just can't justify having three PCBs for the same board.  :|

good! we are more than halfway if we are 1 behind at due date, ill hold you accountable! :P

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 18:15:54 »
Hi all~!
alps plate 3 type for LZ tkl series(without LZ-R)

dell at101 new
dell at101 old
apple ext2

STS 1.2mm plate

LZ Limited

Offline limitz

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 19:19:11 »
I know very little about Alps, which of the above keyboards is easiest to source switches, keycaps from?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 19:34:01 »
I know very little about Alps, which of the above keyboards is easiest to source switches, keycaps from?
You mean the easiest alps switches to get right? Well, the easiest one is getting matias switches. Or if you want some OG stuff you could get salmon alps for tactile switches that can be sourced from AEK 2. I think that is the easiest alps SKCM switches to get and salmon alps is really good and some users said that they feel like an ergo clear with actuation points on top.

And keycaps. You could source ABS keycaps from matias. But if you want some good alps keycaps you could search in ebay for AEK 2 keyboard and SGI granite keyboard for their thick PBT dyesubs.

I hope that this post helps you and if not you could ask more bro!

Using tapatalk to post is damn hard
Hi all~!
alps plate 3 type for LZ tkl series(without LZ-R)

dell at101 new
dell at101 old
apple ext2

STS 1.2mm plate
Thank you for all the work LZ!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 06:25:52 »
Updated op with the new plate pictures.

gais where are your orders? :D

Dont make me buy the rest of the kits to meet the MOQ.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 14:58:10 »
anyone have some LZ friends? i dont want to buy the rest of the kits :)