Author Topic: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller  (Read 84120 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Producing]
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 14:18:02 »
Might be a stupid question, but Is it possible to add ISO-NO characters in Layer 1 for example? Layer 0 would be ANSI, but Layer 1 would have ISO-NO characters instead of [ and ] it would be Æ and Ø?

Thank you!

It is technically possible somehow but it depends on your OS/IME and its settings. If keyboard layout on OS supports those charactors setting keymap will be relatively easier, if not you will have to write keyboard MACRO in keymap source file to use "Unicode input".

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#input-special-charactors-other-than-ascii-like-c%C3%A9dille-%C3%87

EDIT:
It seems  you can  use "US international" layout which supports those keys, you can input Æ with RightAlt + Shift + z and Ø with RightAlt + Shift + l.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#US-International

You can map the keycombos with modified key action ACTION_MODS_KEY().
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#212-modified-key

You can edit these combo with "Code Edit" tab on TMK Keymap Editor fortunately, see spot of [ and ] on layer 3 in this example keymap. You can type Æ with Shift + Fn(L3) + [  with this keymap and "US international" layout.
https://goo.gl/UmF71E

I tested this on Xorg/Ubuntu16.04.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 May 2017, 15:00:14 by hasu »

Offline Lafenear

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 15:04:05 »
Might be a stupid question, but Is it possible to add ISO-NO characters in Layer 1 for example? Layer 0 would be ANSI, but Layer 1 would have ISO-NO characters instead of [ and ] it would be Æ and Ø?

Thank you!

It is technically possible somehow but it depends on your OS/IME and its settings. If keyboard layout on OS supports those charactors setting keymap will be relatively easier, if not you will have to write keyboard MACRO in keymap source file to use "Unicode input".

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#input-special-charactors-other-than-ascii-like-c%C3%A9dille-%C3%87

EDIT:
It seems  you can  use "US international" layout which supports those keys, you can input Æ with RightAlt + Shift + z and Ø with RightAlt + Shift + l.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#US-International

You can map the keycombos with modified key action ACTION_MODS_KEY().
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#212-modified-key

You can edit these combo with "Code Edit" tab on TMK Keymap Editor fortunately, see spot of [ and ] on layer 3 in this example keymap. You can type Æ with Shift + Fn(L3) + [  with this keymap and "US international" layout.
https://goo.gl/UmF71E

I tested this on Xorg/Ubuntu16.04.

Thank you Sensei!

Offline varmemester

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 06:19:49 »
So I missed the GB :( Hasu writes in the first post that leftovers will be sold afterwards. How to get hold of one? Is there a waiting list?
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 May 2017, 06:29:49 by varmemester »

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:23:18 »
So I missed the GB :( Hasu writes in the first post that leftovers will be sold afterwards. How to get hold of one? Is there a waiting list?

They'll be for sale after the GB orders are all fulfilled. So it should be pretty soon-ish since the GB is in production and then shipping soon after.

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 02:14:53 »
I think I just received tracking info in my mail  :cool:

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 03:27:33 »
Hasu is like a tiny Kickstarter-machine. He runs a GB to start production, and then he makes more as people buy them, generally keeping some in stock at all times. It's a huge boon to the environment, and we all love Hasu :)

Offline Korseir

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 05:22:02 »
I think I just received tracking info in my mail  :cool:

I think I received one as well

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 07:00:21 »
Yup me too
keyboards.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 11:26:38 »
Where does the email come from? I excitedly looked for an email too but don't have anything :/
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 12:05:16 »
Came from Japan Post (ems-mypage@ml.post.japanpost.jp) in my paypal e-mail adress

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 13:05:16 »
Came from Japan Post (ems-mypage@ml.post.japanpost.jp) in my paypal e-mail adress
Thanks! It was in my spam folder and I somehow missed it
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 15:53:01 »
So hyped. Now I can also install my JTK sliders finally.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Shipped]
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 16:38:54 »
Status Update
Hi folks, thanks for your support!
All GB orders were shipped yesterday and you will receive noticing email with tracking number from Japan Post in next few days. The email comes from ems-mypage@ml.post.japanpost.jp and tends to be recognzied as a spam, please look into your junk mail folder too. Email me your paypal email or invoice number if you don't have tracking number until May 24.

In some countries including Canada and Australia you cannot trace your packet unfortunately. I have never had any lost packet though, in Canada I have had long delay on some deliveries these months, in worst case it took two months, really pain :( If you are in Canada you may have to be very patient.

136 Controllers were shipped to these countires.

America
    Canada          18
    US              70
Asia & Oceania
    Australia       2
    Brunei          1
    Indonesia       2
    Japan           2
    HongKong        1
Europe
    Austria         1
    Belgium         1
    Denmark         3
    Estonia         1
    France          2
    Germany         11
    Netherlands     7
    Norway          2
    Romania         1
    Spain           2
    Sweden          2
    Switzerland     2
    UK              5

Offline suparnemo

Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Shipped]
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 16:45:26 »
Thanks, Hasu!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Leftover]
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 18:42:47 »

Updated first post for leftover.

Offline Felion

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 04:48:32 »

Thank you!

On windows (and single/few computer(s)): Just install both NO and EN on it and toggle between them with "shift+alt". No need IMO to have that in the keyboard (unless you travel between lots of different computers)
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline varmemester

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 05:28:38 »

Thank you!

On windows (and single/few computer(s)): Just install both NO and EN on it and toggle between them with "shift+alt". No need IMO to have that in the keyboard (unless you travel between lots of different computers)

Don't you mean "windows+space"? Maybe it's different on this computer (Windows 10, Danish).

Update: Ahhh...found out they both work :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 05:32:38 by varmemester »

Offline Korseir

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 23:36:28 »
must say holy **** that was some fast delivery, just got my hasu controller in today and will be installing it some time later on in the week. once again many thanks hasu for your hardwork and making fc660c fans everywhere have a dream come true :)

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 12:43:15 »
Damn. That was fast. Typing this with the new controller!
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:28:35 »
I'm in TX, but I was able to see it has moved out of California. Hopefully it's here tomorrow because I had it sent to my office rather than home so my wife doesn't see :P

Off-topic, but I'm thinking about lubing my board while I'm in there. Any recommendations?

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:32:24 »
I'm in TX, but I was able to see it has moved out of California. Hopefully it's here tomorrow because I had it sent to my office rather than home so my wife doesn't see :P

Off-topic, but I'm thinking about lubing my board while I'm in there. Any recommendations?

TX here too. Mine comes tomorrow after leaving Cali 23rd. I used krytox thin, previously had thick and it was a bit much. Thick makes it feel less tactile imo.

I'm going to try EK mechlube 2 (the thin one) next time.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:37:17 »
Nice to hear from you guys!

Post here if you have any question, thought or problem. Feedback from users is needed to improve documentation and firmware for this controller.

Thank you for all your support.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:53:21 »
Got mine today! Now I just need an FC660C to put it in...

Offline txepox

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 03:57:28 »
Controller recieved (Spain)!

The pcb seems made of high quality stuff. Really nice!. Good work hasu!.

Offline fancymans

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 04:29:42 »
I got my controller yesterday. Brought my FC660C home from work to reprogram it. Worked like a charm! Thanks Hasu! :)
Realforce 87U 55g 10th Silenced | HHKB Silenced | FC660C

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 10:31:30 »
Just got mine! Visiting the in-laws for the weekend but I know what I'm doing on my first day back  :D

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:47:16 »
Got mine in today, thank you so much Hasu!

I bought this FC660c the day you announced that you'd be working on the controller. Today's the day I feel like I finally get to use it.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:48:44 »
Got mine today and typing on it now!  :thumb: Really loving it so far. Only one thing that I'm having trouble with - I'm trying to set FN+LGUI as a toggle for l0/l3 but I can't pin down how to do it exactly. If you have any advice I'd appreciate.

Keymap is here: https://goo.gl/4AAJCk
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:48:42 »

I bought this FC660c the day you announced that you'd be working on the controller. Today's the day I feel like I finally get to use it.

Show Image

Are you those HHKB keys? Are the colored ones juts died?

I got my controller today too. Super easy swap! Going to program soon.

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:50:33 »

Show Image

Are you those HHKB keys? Are the colored ones juts died?

I got my controller today too. Super easy swap! Going to program soon.

I installed JTK Sliders and picked up some blanks from originative including 2x sets of their blank colored mods. I did in fact, drill out the 2u keys to allow the stabilized caps room to pass through the housing.

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:36:40 »
First off, great GB and super quick turnaround very well done! Also the install was pretty easy (although I'd rather not have to open that case again). I'm typing with the new controller now, so far so good.

I do hope this is the place for some troubleshooting though. I installed Flip 3.4.7 and selected the ATmega32U4 device. I cannot however 'open the usb device'. I pressed the programming button on the back of the board before trying to open communications. I tried several USB ports and cables to rule these factors out. I did load Zadig and it locates the ATM32u4-something device when I press the programming button on the keyboard. Zadig confirms the WinUSB v6.1 drivers are loaded (had to do this manually with the GH60's I programmed). In Win10 device management I see several  HID and USB input devices if the board is connected, nothing particularly strange there.

Any thoughts to get Flip to open comms with the board so I can load my hex?

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:38:59 »
First off, great GB and super quick turnaround very well done! Also the install was pretty easy (although I'd rather not have to open that case again). I'm typing with the new controller now, so far so good.

I do hope this is the place for some troubleshooting though. I installed Flip 3.4.7 and selected the ATmega32U4 device. I cannot however 'open the usb device'. I pressed the programming button on the back of the board before trying to open communications. I tried several USB ports and cables to rule these factors out. I did load Zadig and it locates the ATM32u4-something device when I press the programming button on the keyboard. Zadig confirms the WinUSB v6.1 drivers are loaded (had to do this manually with the GH60's I programmed). In Win10 device management I see several  HID and USB input devices if the board is connected, nothing particularly strange there.

Any thoughts to get Flip to open comms with the board so I can load my hex?

HI, what error do you get/what does it say when you hit open?

You need to choose ATMega32U4. Also make sure in device manager you choose the included atmel USB driver as the driver for the controller after hitting the button.

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:04:17 »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply :) I am getting the error 'Could not open USB device' in Flip. /ed: I selected the ATmega32U4 device before opening communications.

When I hit the bootloader button on the keyboard it does lists the ATm32U4DFU device in the Windows device manager. Windows says the most up to date drivers are loaded. I suppose the drivers should be included in win10? Should I download and install these separately, if so, where do I find the driver?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:05:53 by a clacktical mistake »

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:06:25 »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply :) I am getting the error 'Could not open USB device' in Flip. /ed: I selected the ATmega32U4 device before opening communications.

When I hit the bootloader button on the keyboard it does lists the ATm32U4DFU device in the Windows device manager. Windows says the most up to date drivers are loaded. I suppose the drivers should be included in win10? Should I download and install these separately, if so, where do I find the driver?

The driver that I had to use to fix that was the one in the Atmel folder. It's in the folder labeled USB.

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:44:45 »
Ah, thanks for the help! I think I got it now. I had trouble getting windows to update the driver that Flip needs to communicate. On my Windows the driver for the device was already installed. When trying to update the driver I kept getting the message that the most up to date driver was installed. I  could not update or simply delete the driver.

If someone else runs into this, the fix was not that complicated ofcourse but relied on a rather specific combination of options to update the driver in the device manager. I right clicked the device and selected update driver. Then I selected browse computer for driver software as you would. However in the next screen instead of pointing to the location of the driver I selected 'let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer' followed by the button 'Have disk'. And finally windows accepted the drivers in the Flip usb folder and now I can open comms in Flip.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:21:21 »
Got mine today and typing on it now!  :thumb: Really loving it so far. Only one thing that I'm having trouble with - I'm trying to set FN+LGUI as a toggle for l0/l3 but I can't pin down how to do it exactly. If you have any advice I'd appreciate.

In TMK higher layer is preceded to other lower layers. When you are on Layer3 you can't access T3 on Layer2 with pressing L2, because LGui on Layer3 conceals the T3 key. Note that L2 just turns on Layer2 but not Layer3 off. To avoid this you can use TRNS(TRANS or transparent) keycode, use TRNS instead of LGui on Layer3. Or just move contents of Layer2 to higher layer than Layer3.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#02-layer-precedence-and-transparency

And note modifier/layer stuck problem, you had better have 'TRANS' on modifier keys except for Layer 0. I'm working on this problem now, this will be resolved in instant future version perhaps.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#modifierlayer-stuck

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:25:00 »

You need to install driver. See this.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/Driver-install-on-Windows

Offline hking0036

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:47:30 »

In TMK higher layer is preceded to other lower layers. When you are on Layer3 you can't access T3 on Layer2 with pressing L2, because LGui on Layer3 conceals the T3 key. Note that L2 just turns on Layer2 but not Layer3 off. To avoid this you can use TRNS(TRANS or transparent) keycode, use TRNS instead of LGui on Layer3. Or just move contents of Layer2 to higher layer than Layer3.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#02-layer-precedence-and-transparency

And note modifier/layer stuck problem, you had better have 'TRANS' on modifier keys except for Layer 0. I'm working on this problem now, this will be resolved in instant future version perhaps.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#modifierlayer-stuck
Thanks for the info on that, I'll go and fix those up.  :D
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline txepox

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:18:54 »
I found a problem I am not able to explain, but I have reproduced a couple of times.
I usually play a game named Playerunknowns battleground. Well, when I use the original controller, the game captures the SHIFT keystrokes correctly, but when I use TMK controller, the shift key is not correctly read and the keystroke is differently interpreted by the game. Of course I have interchanged the controllers without changing any settings from the game.
Which different can exist between the "shifts keystrokes" from the two controllers?.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:46:04 »
when I use TMK controller, the shift key is not correctly read and the keystroke is differently interpreted by the game.

Can you explain how different, what's actually the problem? timing?, miss or transpose key strokes?
And how can you reproduce it?

Can plain keymap work with the game? http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c
I guess trick on shift key are not acceptable on the game assuming you are using EMU keymap.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:53:09 »
when I use TMK controller, the shift key is not correctly read and the keystroke is differently interpreted by the game.

Can you explain how different, what's actually the problem? timing?, miss or transpose key strokes?

Can plain keymap work with the game? http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c

I had a similar issue where holding Control + Shift + (A or S or D) was making volume up + down + mute. It stopped doing it now, and I can't seem to recreate it.
I guess trick on shift key are not acceptable on the game assuming you are using EMU keymap.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:54:58 »

Ah, I think I got your problem but I also can't explain the detail here, though, root of the problem is same as this issue. https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/441

Fortunately I'm working on this issue, so it may be cured some later as a side-effect.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:09:12 »

I had a similar issue where holding Control + Shift + (A or S or D) was making volume up + down + mute. It stopped doing it now, and I can't seem to recreate it.

hmm, It is unlikey that it happens as far as you press Fn key. Or some tool on host can cause? or you played with keymap?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:10:48 by hasu »

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:16:45 »

hmm, It is unlikey that it happens as far as you press Fn key. Or some tool on host can cause? or you played with keymap?

I think for some reason it is being read by the logitech input. I am having the same issue as the above person in game, and it seems to trigger another bind I have set. It's randomly another key, but for now I can't recreate it

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:23:21 »
Hi Hasu!

I have recreated an issue with the input.

Hold down W + D the hit shift. W + D will stop registering as held down. In game when walking right + forward, trying to use shift to walk makes you stop moving.

Actually, it seems any combination of keys you hold down, even one single key, hitting shift will cause the key to stop registering being held.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:26:05 »
Sorry for double posting

This issue does not occur when pressing control. Only shift, or when using FN it resets the buttons.

Is this the same issue you previously mentioned? The issue I am having is that when I am moving in game, and try to use shift to start walking, the input stops registering. Also, if you are holding shift, then walk (Press wasd) when you let go of shift the key will stop registering.

Control + movement works fine.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:26:51 »
Sorry for double posting

This issue does not occur when pressing control. Only shift, or when using FN it resets the buttons.

Is this the same issue you previously mentioned? The issue I am having is that when I am moving in game, and try to use shift to start walking, the input stops registering. Also, if you are holding shift, then walk (Press wasd) when you let go of shift the key will stop registering.

Control + movement works fine.

Thanks for depicting the problem.
Yes, I think it is exactly what txepox suffers from.

Pressing Shift key(with ~ trick) of EMU keymap clears other keys(except for modifiers) pressed. This doesn't matter usually in typing but will harm greatly in gaming.

For now use Plain keymap(Plain shift keycode) for gaming.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:32:20 by hasu »

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:59:29 »

Thanks for depicting the problem.
Yes, I think it is exactly what txepox suffers from.

Pressing Shift key(with ~ trick) of EMU keymap clears other keys(except for modifiers) pressed. This doesn't matter usually in typing but will harm greatly in gaming.

For now use Plain keymap(Plain shift keycode) for gaming.
[/quote]

I changed the emu map to Lshift and Rshift (Without layer) and it fixes this issue.
Tilde can still be used with FN+SHIFT+GRAVE(Esc). It's the easiest instead of remapping FN with the plain map.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 10:51:56 »
Mine arrived yesterday in good condition. Thanks!
keyboards.

Offline xauser

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 13:17:32 »
My controllers arrived yesterday and I'm already writing with one of them now using my favourite keymap. Everything works great, thanks hasu!
It's so great to switch right control with fn key. (This wasn't possible with usb2usb converter)

I don't know the unimap nor actionmap features coming with latest tmk firmware yet so I backported the fc660c sources
to support classic keymap format.

Anyway, this is my keymap https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/blob/xauser/keyboard/fc660c/keymap_xauser.c