Author Topic: Alps switch putting out double characters  (Read 2210 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Alps switch putting out double characters
« on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 19:56:33 »
I have a keyboard with Alps switches, a Dell AT-101W into which I transplanted orange Alps from an Apple.

It works great and I really like it but 2 of the switches sometimes return double characters from a single key press. The comma "," does it often, perhaps almost half the time, and the "s" does it perhaps 10%-20% of the time.

Any ideas on what might cause it, and/or should i just replace those 2?

Thanks! 
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Delirious

Re: Alps switch putting out double characters
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 20:02:57 »
Yea the switchplates are getting worn-out and faulty. You can try to clean them with air duster see if that'll help. Most of the time I just replace them.

Offline Kilgarah

Re: Alps switch putting out double characters
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:45:51 »
I have a keyboard with Alps switches, a Dell AT-101W into which I transplanted orange Alps from an Apple.

It works great and I really like it but 2 of the switches sometimes return double characters from a single key press. The comma "," does it often, perhaps almost half the time, and the "s" does it perhaps 10%-20% of the time.

Any ideas on what might cause it, and/or should i just replace those 2?

Thanks!
I'd replace the two switches. It could be some dust in the switch is causing it to chatter. Alps switches are notorious for easily collecting dirt.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk