Author Topic: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)  (Read 1807825 times)

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
Re: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:44:59 »
yeah, that site is no good to me i'm afraid. it just parses info from the postal service, so it's the same as when i manually check my own post office track page.

either way, my post cannot track this type of package/service, it's just an international letter. that's why i'm suggesting to SP to get a different service, which will result in a higher cost (not by much though), but it will be trackable all the way.
Here in The Netherlands we can call our local post service and receive a new local tracking number that is used after customs. When the US tracking says something like customs clearance, you can receive the local tracking number if you call them. I'm assuming it's the same for Slovakia.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #701 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:55:50 »
yeah, that site is no good to me i'm afraid. it just parses info from the postal service, so it's the same as when i manually check my own post office track page.

either way, my post cannot track this type of package/service, it's just an international letter. that's why i'm suggesting to SP to get a different service, which will result in a higher cost (not by much though), but it will be trackable all the way.
Here in The Netherlands we can call our local post service and receive a new local tracking number that is used after customs. When the US tracking says something like customs clearance, you can receive the local tracking number if you call them. I'm assuming it's the same for Slovakia.
Mine says "April 11, 2014   15:56:00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE". So It will probably be here some time this week.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #702 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:45:16 »
My set was delivered on Friday. It looks great and everything arrived safely. Thank you to all involved in putting this together. Possibly my favorite set next to Retro DSA.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #703 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:52:10 »
The Skull Squadron set is on sale @ keyshop!

http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/product/skull-squadron

very few sets available, get them while they are hot!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #704 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 01:40:40 »
$59 for a base set instead of $44. Glad I got into this GB. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 13:20:07 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #705 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 12:43:17 »

Is there a reason why I had to pay 5$ for my 6u spacebar and now they are offered for 2,50$? I mean everything except the spacebars is more expensive than the GB price (as it should be)...

But whatever - 2,50$ won't kill me ;)

By the way, I got a notification from the post office today. I hope it's my Macross Set - I'll pick it up tomorrow  :thumb:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #706 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 13:19:42 »

Is there a reason why I had to pay 5$ for my 6u spacebar and now they are offered for 2,50$? I mean everything except the spacebars is more expensive than the GB price (as it should be)...

But whatever - 2,50$ won't kill me ;)

By the way, I got a notification from the post office today. I hope it's my Macross Set - I'll pick it up tomorrow  :thumb:
And the additional modifiers. The difference for me is $17 in total. I bought all versions of the spacebar. so that could have been another $7.50. But whatever. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #707 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 15:24:25 »
got my set in. great job overall, though I noticed my caps lock's print got a bit skewed on the "vf". not a bit deal and makes it more unique to mine. great work sp!

one quick question to anyone using costar stabs, have any of you had issues keeping the stab inserts in place on your keys with this set? I'm probably going to have to shim mine up a bit. the ones for the space bar fall out any time I hit it off center.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #708 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:11:32 »
one quick question to anyone using costar stabs, have any of you had issues keeping the stab inserts in place on your keys with this set? I'm probably going to have to shim mine up a bit. the ones for the space bar fall out any time I hit it off center.

I had that problem with one set of my stabilizers - the bright white ones I got from WASD. I have since switched to using a slightly off-white pair which fit perfectly. Alas I can't figure out where they came from...

The other alternative is to put a bit of tape across the hole and let the stab push it into the hole and form a better grip but it's not as reliable.

[)amien

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #709 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:35:47 »
I got my set today. It is awesome. Now I am using it with my FC660M.  :thumb:

Thank you Matt for this nice set.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #710 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:55:57 »
my package got lost... I designed this thing and I can't put my hands on it...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #711 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:57:16 »

Ops! Really sorry about that. It was the Italian mail system?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #712 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 17:15:17 »

apparently on US side

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #713 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 17:25:12 »

Ouch!

Hopefully resolved soon :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #714 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 17:27:57 »

apparently on US side

In that case, your package shold reach you later. File a claim with your tracking number.

Offline Melanic

« Reply #715 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 22:14:31 »
How do you know it's lost? I ask because my last shipping update is "April 2, 2014    15:21:00    CUSTER, WA 98240    DISPATCHED TO SORT FACILITY". It seems it got lost on the 2 mile transport between SP and the postal office...

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #716 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 01:17:16 »
it's lost because it has been flagged as "returned to sender" but SP didn't actually got it back. Anyway SP acted like a sir and shipped another package yesterday. Best GB experience. Even in case of sh1t.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #717 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 01:23:28 »
got my set in. great job overall, though I noticed my caps lock's print got a bit skewed on the "vf". not a bit deal and makes it more unique to mine. great work sp!

my dsa hyperfsue and dcs miami both do this. I have plstic wrap holding in all my costar stabs.

Offline skuko

« Reply #718 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 02:55:25 »
guys can any1 tell me whether there is an invoice from SP in the package? the goddamn customs office will not release it to me, unless i provide them with proof of purchase (amount, for what, shipping address and whatnot), but neither paypal, nor my purchases section on the SP site have this information in a concise form. now i'm stuck.

how can i get a freaking invoice for this? i wanted to have this at home before easter :(

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #719 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 02:59:50 »
guys can any1 tell me whether there is an invoice from SP in the package? the goddamn customs office will not release it to me, unless i provide them with proof of purchase (amount, for what, shipping address and whatnot), but neither paypal, nor my purchases section on the SP site have this information in a concise form. now i'm stuck.

how can i get a freaking invoice for this? i wanted to have this at home before easter :(

you have the payment receipt on paypal. otherwise just ask SP for the invoice.

Offline skuko

« Reply #720 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 03:16:34 »
yeah the only thing vaguely resembling an invoice i found was the email confirmation of the original authorization from paypal. there's no such thing on the paypal site directly though (or i didn't find it)

i hope they will accept that

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #721 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 03:56:01 »
yeah the only thing vaguely resembling an invoice i found was the email confirmation of the original authorization from paypal. there's no such thing on the paypal site directly though (or i didn't find it)

search the transaction on paypal and click on "details" that's a pretty legit receipt

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #722 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 04:23:41 »
Did anybody from Germany get his order yet?

I am starting to wonder where my set is since people all over Europe already got their sweet keys :(

Offline suka

« Reply #723 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 04:59:53 »
Yepp, just picked it up at the customs offiice this morning - DHL did not accept the invoice attached to the package, stupid.
But the set looks gorgeous and the packaging is a real nice move of SP.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #724 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 05:10:16 »
Yepp, just picked it up at the customs offiice this morning - DHL did not accept the invoice attached to the package, stupid.
But the set looks gorgeous and the packaging is a real nice move of SP.

Oh nice, hopefully I have a notice from Customs in my mailbox when I come home from work later tonight :)

Offline skuko

« Reply #725 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 05:11:05 »

search the transaction on paypal and click on "details" that's a pretty legit receipt

well, not according to my customs office :(

this is not valid for them, there's no clear statement on the items, quantity and price....also, the authorization and real payment difference confused the crap out of them, not to mention the "related transactions" table at the top. derp.

61243-0

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #726 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 05:15:06 »
ask SP the invoice then.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #727 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 06:04:00 »
My set came with an invoice in the box indicating quantities and pricing, so they should be able to hook you up with one. Best of luck!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #728 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 06:33:11 »
My set came with an invoice in the box indicating quantities and pricing, so they should be able to hook you up with one. Best of luck!

Yeah I was going to say the same. It has prices and what you ordered.

Offline skuko

« Reply #729 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:14:12 »
i have it now, managed to open it before them and convince them it's no contraband lol.

the thing is that i had the only place in paypal where it indicates the quantities and prices is the original authorization transaction, but that doesn't reflect the real prices i paid, because of the tiered pricing. so if i took that to them, i would have had to pay VAT and possibly customs fees from the base prices.

now i'm pretty worried about how i'm going to get the granite through customs, that might get pricey..... :X

Offline bianco

« Reply #730 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:23:49 »
thank you Matt3o for the cool design and SP for the extras
*yes, the zentradi logo is upside down.  :))

on my g2pro

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #731 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:28:20 »
I Love this set.... and I still don't have it... next time I'll ask for UPS shipping

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:28:55 »
i have it now, managed to open it before them and convince them it's no contraband lol.

the thing is that i had the only place in paypal where it indicates the quantities and prices is the original authorization transaction, but that doesn't reflect the real prices i paid, because of the tiered pricing. so if i took that to them, i would have had to pay VAT and possibly customs fees from the base prices.

now i'm pretty worried about how i'm going to get the granite through customs, that might get pricey..... :X

Could you get someone to proxy it to you as a 'gift'?

Offline skuko

« Reply #733 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 08:31:20 »

Could you get someone to proxy it to you as a 'gift'?

that would most likely work....i would only need someone to change the label on the package with the value declaration to like 25$ and it just passes through customs, since you only have to pay VAT for above 20 euros value.

Offline skuko

« Reply #734 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:44:17 »
this is by far THE best looking set on a black Filco Case, PERIOD.
61304-0

and btw. DSA + cherry mx red = my new love :D

i only have a small dilemma - whether to use the black stripe or not.....can't decide what looks better :D

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:56:53 »
you finally did it!

nice idea to have the double black stripe. Maybe I prefer the original version though

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #736 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 16:15:29 »
Very nice Skuko  :thumb:

I will put my set on a Filco TKL as well :)

Hopefully it will arrive soon!

Offline dadgh

« Reply #737 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 20:22:08 »
Are there any extras? I would love to buy an extra set or trade for anyones!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #738 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:02:42 »
My set has been sitting at Customs since the 11th. I hope they don't charge me with import charges. As that would suck.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #739 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:08:45 »

yes there were some extras but apparently they are already sold out! (wow)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #740 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:03:13 »
Aside from the very attractive keys, I think SP  packaging in that box is very well done. I'm not surprised it sold out. If I have extra funds, I might go in when it was available early this week. Alas, I'm saving for 4grabs and Brobots Topre..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #741 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:12:40 »

Have you got your set yet?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #742 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:21:25 »
nope

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:34:38 »
nope

Me too.

My Filco is already prepared for the sweet Macross Keys!

I hope I get it today - the wait is killing me :p

Offline moptimus

« Reply #744 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 20:01:41 »

Managed to get on to those while I was pondering the granite set. Missed the granite set in the end... Oh well. Lets see if there are any left overs of the granite I guess.

Filco TKL Brown| Dox Clear| Poker II Brown| QFR Red| Ducky Zero Blue Dolch| Ducky 9087G2 Black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #745 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 22:59:07 »

Managed to get on to those while I was pondering the granite set. Missed the granite set in the end... Oh well. Lets see if there are any left overs of the granite I guess.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Generally you need to be fairly quick on some things around here.  A few group buys run for a few months, but they seem to be becoming the exception rather than the rule.

Offline Rynji

« Reply #746 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:11:57 »
My order is still stuck at customs (The Netherlands).
I've emailed USPS (no response yet) and my local post supplier (PostNL).
They say it usually takes 9-11 workdays to process through customs, but my package has been there since 11th of april.

I'm afraid my package will get lost/send back, anyone from The Netherlands received theirs yet or know what to do?

I do have a Dutch (PostNL) tracking number, but it shows as "Not yet available" as it is still @ customs.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #747 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:25:11 »
I am not from the Netherlands but my situation is similar.

I haven't received my set yet either. I can only assume it's still stuck in Customs. I guess the Easter Holiday wasn't really helpful to accelerate things ;)

I hope to get it any day now!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #748 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:29:38 »
My order is still stuck at customs (The Netherlands).
I've emailed USPS (no response yet) and my local post supplier (PostNL).
They say it usually takes 9-11 workdays to process through customs, but my package has been there since 11th of april.

I'm afraid my package will get lost/send back, anyone from The Netherlands received theirs yet or know what to do?

I do have a Dutch (PostNL) tracking number, but it shows as "Not yet available" as it is still @ customs.
I have the exact same problem. Stuck at customs since the 11th. :(
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #749 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:38:29 »
Isn't that actually a positive sign?

Since you both have the same status it's rather unlikely your packages got lost. Probably just slow Custom workers ;)