Author Topic: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)  (Read 115913 times)

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 00:25:13 »
Don't get me wrong i don't blame anyone but me for the current state. I predicted the pricing in most cases correctly because i have little bit experience with development of keysets but i treated GMK GB almost like an SP GB by offering too much at the same time. Well and ofc i underestimated how the kits will be bought.

It’s still early bro. This drop wasn’t unexpected but I wasn’t ready to make a decision a sets yet. I’ll be hopping in a week or so.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 09:52:59 »
Fulfilled my obligations, pulled the trigger on Umka, Beezarre and Cadet kits. If I have some cash left by the end of the drop, I will go for few more. Thanks again T0mb3ry for setting up this drop and accommodating so many different requests from members.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 11:38:47 »
Fulfilled my obligations, pulled the trigger on Umka, Beezarre and Cadet kits. If I have some cash left by the end of the drop, I will go for few more. Thanks again T0mb3ry for setting up this drop and accommodating so many different requests from members.

You realize your selection doesn’t include the cream colored number row or spacebar right?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 13:59:15 »
MOQ and pricing spread sheet has been updated.

I guess you have already GMK Carbon round 1 base which you can combine with the cadet kit otherwise you need one of the base sets.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:07:50 »

I guess you have already GMK Carbon round 1 base which you can combine with the cadet kit otherwise you need one of the base sets.
They might just be going for orange number row and spacebar. Though I could be wrong.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:17:12 »
I am also quite wondering. There are almost 2k base sets from round 1 in the wild and i thought Carbon Cadet would be popular because Carbon Cadet (and other kits) can be combined with round 1 base set. I guess offering Carbon Cadet was bad idea.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:37:53 by T0mb3ry »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:26:10 »

You realize your selection doesn’t include the cream colored number row or spacebar right?

Got that covered in Carbon R1.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:32:18 by mimalik »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:47:06 »
I am also quite wondering. There are almost 2k base sets from round 1 in the wild and i thought Carbon Cadet would be popular because it can be combined with round 1 base set. I guess offering Carbon Cadet was bad idea.

I doubt CC kit made any impact on others sale. Those who didnt participate in R1, would definitely need base + other kits, for those whom already participated in R1, would be interested in R0/5 update + other kits.  CC was more of a surprise cherry on top.My heart was only on Beezarre and went for CC as I couldnt resist post Space Cadet. I was planning on base set for R0/5 but went for Umka; it was too delicious to pass up after viewing the rendering from Oblotzky.  Honestly, I may add more to my order once my cashflow is more clearer by the mid of this month. It could be just timing, folks getting their paychecks later in the month, rent and other expenses due in first week of Nov etc etc.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:54:09 »
I doubt CC kit made any impact on others sale. Those who didnt participate in R1, would definitely need base + other kits, for those whom already participated in R1, would be interested in R0/5 update + other kits.  CC was more of a surprise cherry on top.My heart was only on Beezarre and went for CC as I couldnt resist post Space Cadet. I was planning on base set for R0/5 but went for Umka; it was too delicious to pass up after viewing the rendering from Oblotzky.  Honestly, I may add more to my order once my cashflow is more clearer by the mid of this month. It could be just timing, folks getting their paychecks later in the month, rent and other expenses due in first week of Nov etc etc.

As previously (in IC thread) i've noted, the upgrade kit was removed because it was only 30$ cheaper than the base kit. Say its price was 130$ which makes no sense. :/

Offline mimalik

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 15:02:05 »

As previously (in IC thread) i've noted, the upgrade kit was removed because it was only 30$ cheaper than the base kit. Say its price was 130$ which makes no sense. :/

Certainly, I am aware and not complaining, just giving my 0.02$ on the sales figures.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 15:11:01 »

Certainly, I am aware and not complaining, just giving my 0.02$ on the sales figures.

Was not accusing or something (pardon if it reads like i was accusing you of complaining)  ^-^. I shared only the information about the reason why it has been removed. I was previously asked in other chats about it so i thought it would be informative to do it here again.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 16:46:24 »
Looks like most the kits I got will hit MOQ, really hope Carbon Cadet hits MOQ though. USBUS

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 17:15:03 »
This is my initial vision for Carbon Cadet. Busy alphas need busy modifiers. Not denying that Umka with Carbon Cadet looks amazing.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 17:17:00 »
Looks like most the kits I got will hit MOQ, really hope Carbon Cadet hits MOQ though. USBUS

Carbon Cadet is one of the main reasons I'm joining, so sexy. They can help me design better function layers if I pick keys that have memorable symbols on them.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline silversung

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 17:36:07 »
Definitely going for the Carbon base, Umka mods with novelties and salty keys. Just waiting to spread the credit over two month's statements. Ah. I thought I could save some money before this started, but, this hobby is really bad for my finances.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 20:36:17 »

Was not accusing or something (pardon if it reads like i was accusing you of complaining)  ^-^. I shared only the information about the reason why it has been removed. I was previously asked in other chats about it so i thought it would be informative to do it here again.

:-[ no issues, both being polite to each other trying to avoid causing any offense, not that there is anything wrong with it.  :cool:

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 21:15:02 »

I'm in for all sets. Its rare to see designers actually innovating and this is a set worth investing in.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 02:02:51 »
At the minimum I'll go for the Umka mods as the 2 base kits don't excite me anymore - I was a R1 buyer and sold the set a while back. With Umka mods I could either mix that with my partial Dolch set (missing F-keys) and have a somewhat similar colourway to Umka+Boneyard alphas.

Carbon cadet really made it tough for me as I wanted to just splurge and buy all the kits needed to cover a TKL. But then I joined the push for Susuwatari last week (that $100 @1000MQ was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!) and that was that :)

I think you said it best yourself T0mb3ry, treating GMK buy like an SP buy was not the way and flooding the drop with kits did not help (classic case of Paradox of Choice). And of course new GMK pricing + R0/R5 cost don't help either.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 03:06:53 »

I'm in for all sets. Its rare to see designers actually innovating and this is a set worth investing in.

I could not agree more.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 14:42:49 »
Someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but it seems like Ivory mods + Carbon cadet still did not cut it to cover a TKL? Like you'd still need a spacebar from the base kit right?

Offline fer.real

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 14:50:33 »
Someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but it seems like Ivory mods + Carbon cadet still did not cut it to cover a TKL? Like you'd still need a spacebar from the base kit right?

Correct.  You would also need the numbers row and the punctuation keys from a base kit.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 15:23:08 »
MOQ/Pricing sheet is updated.

Exactly. Carbon Cadet is not full alpha replacement (like boneyard or beezarre alphas). For full alphas its missing number row, punctuation keys, numpad and spacebars.

Carbon Cadet was not planned as full alphas replacement. It was thought to be used also with GMK Carbon R1 base set. So it includes only necessary Cadet alpha keys. Carbon Cadet is more a novelty.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 17:22:45 »

Exactly. Carbon Cadet is not full alpha replacement (like boneyard or beezarre alphas). For full alphas its missing number row, punctuation keys, numpad and spacebars.

Carbon Cadet was not planned as full alphas replacement. It was thought to be used also with GMK Carbon R1 base set. So it includes only necessary Cadet alpha keys. Carbon Cadet is more a novelty.

Thanks for the info. Damn. Just some quick math it seems like my planned carbon cadet set would run over $300. Rough life GG. Will see if I could gather the funds by the end of the drop to join! I just wish some of the options could be more flexible, but I guess we all got different choices so it will never be an easy task to please everyone.

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 19:24:59 »
At this pace it's looking like a bunch of them won't even hit MOQ which is definitely a bummer.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 01:47:17 »
At this pace it's looking like a bunch of them won't even hit MOQ which is definitely a bummer.

Don't worry. Depending on how far a kit is away from hitting its MOQ Massdrop might step in and make the kit happen anyway. That happened already in previous drops. Also you will be able to adjust your order or discard it if your desired kit don't make it.

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 12:15:38 »
Ah, that does make me feel better, thanks!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 12:37:57 »
MOQ/Price sheet is updated.

Ah, that does make me feel better, thanks!

;)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 16:19:46 »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 16:41:24 »
come on umka and beezarre  :p

Offline mimalik

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 21:16:30 »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 21:34:10 »
+1

dare I say, +2?!?

I'm going ergo, beezarre, and space kits

Offline fireworm

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 09:44:18 »
I wonder if an R2.5 with Carbon Cadet full alpha, Cadet boneyard, and say Beezarre, plus novelties / mods would have been cleaner.

E.g., basic stuff first, neat stuff right after it ships.

I do feel the same as others with too much choice, and (paradoxically) not enough choice (Boneyard Cadet!).

Offline mimalik

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 11:05:25 »
+1

dare I say, +2?!?

I am truly surprised at #s for Beezarre, I thought I would hit 500 MOQ within a week. Its orange, how can anyone not love it? They weren't offered in R1 and GMK orange alphas are as unicorn as they come. Hopefully we atleast hit 100 or near it so that kit is not dropped.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 11:28:29 »
+1

dare I say, +2?!?

I am truly surprised at #s for Beezarre, I thought I would hit 500 MOQ within a week. Its orange, how can anyone not love it? They weren't offered in R1 and GMK orange alphas are as unicorn as they come. Hopefully we atleast hit 100 or near it so that kit is not dropped.

Same, i was surprised that is not going as well as i thought it would be.

Tomb3rino please re-add the Carbon mousepad option <3

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 16:40:18 »
i thought that umka and beezarre would be difficult bc of pricing but i didnt expect em to be this slow, i really hope they make it i wanna make some cool combos wit the base kits i bought.

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 00:22:28 »
Cadet is moving forward slowly but surely. Warning signs don't look great though. I'm surprised function row is outselling number row.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 13:25:00 »
Really hope Cadet will hit MOQ.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 15:03:34 »
Can you please make the GMK Carbon banner T0mb3ry? So we can link it in our profile

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 23:59:18 »
Can you please make the GMK Carbon banner T0mb3ry? So we can link it in our profile

Yes i will do some for you once i get home.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:33:58 »
MOQ/price sheet is updated.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open][img width=480 height=120 align=center ]https://i.imgur.com/TSRntUy.png[/img][/url]
 ^-^

edit: if used as banner its displayed non centered... i need to find out how to fix that. (fixed)
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2018, 15:04:05 by T0mb3ry »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:51:54 »

Show Image

Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open][img width=480 height=120 align=center ]https://i.imgur.com/TSRntUy.png[/img][/url]
 ^-^

got you fam! 

Now just need the Carbon giant mousepad and we are complete Tomb3ry

Offline mimalik

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 10:25:37 »
@T0mb3ry,

Just a thought for the under performing kits; if possible, can the MOQ be changed to 50? It may lead to a little price increase. At this point I am sure those who have participated in some of these kits want to buy them and I personally wont mind paying a slight extra to get it done.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 10:52:30 »
@T0mb3ry,

Just a thought for the under performing kits; if possible, can the MOQ be changed to 50? It may lead to a little price increase. At this point I am sure those who have participated in some of these kits want to buy them and I personally wont mind paying a slight extra to get it done.

Changing the kits/MOQ during the drop is not possible (or at least not as easy to make). There was an exception in SP SA Carbon R2 with warning signs, which have already succeeded - so warning signs kit could be just locked as completed. We should wait until the end and see how it goes.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 18:06:21 »

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 18:50:45 »
Numbers looking pretty good! Space kit is half way there!!

Keep it up everybody.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 19:51:38 »
I joined for Bone base, Umka mods, Boneyard alphas. Was hoping to make two monotone kits. Definitely a little apprehensive that all those will make it. Kind of riding on Bone base to make it other wise the rest is a no go. Here's hoping, cause that all bone 910 looks reallllllly good.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 04:02:15 »
I joined for Umka mods and Carbon Cadet but both needs to reach 250MOQ for the $$$ to make sense for me. If only 150MOQ is reached, I will have to pick 1 and drop 1 :(

This drop being sandwiched between 2 MT3 drops may have some effect - Susuwatari had great price and people, including me, went for it which limit spending now; and Godspeed teasee draws away some interest for sure.

Here's to hoping numbers will pick up a bit somehow!

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 04:16:16 »
Come on Assembly !!!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 11:41:55 »
I joined for Umka mods and Carbon Cadet but both needs to reach 250MOQ for the $$$ to make sense for me. If only 150MOQ is reached, I will have to pick 1 and drop 1 :(

This drop being sandwiched between 2 MT3 drops may have some effect - Susuwatari had great price and people, including me, went for it which limit spending now; and Godspeed teasee draws away some interest for sure.

Here's to hoping numbers will pick up a bit somehow!

I highly recommend everyone to go for this drop, as I have a feeling there may not be a R3 or may be it will happen but prob after 3-5 yr wait.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:25:25 »
MOQ/Price sheet is updated