Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 7900162 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #5050 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:40:34 »
Looks red to me too. In fact, beautiful and vibrant red!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #5051 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:42:20 »
Yes, great pictures, only constructive criticism, are you playing with colors or contrast after the fact? At least for me, the red looks pink in most of your pics. Other than that, everything looks great.  :thumb:

Although it could just be my monitors lol

No, I definitely see it. There's some heavy contrasting, or oversaturation in them. (is on a brand new monitor, calibrated)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5052 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:43:39 »
Yes, great pictures, only constructive criticism, are you playing with colors or contrast after the fact? At least for me, the red looks pink in most of your pics. Other than that, everything looks great.  :thumb:

Might be your monitor, looks red to me.
The previous picture of the red on sanctuary set(looks really pink to me)? The most recent picture isn't, but the colors seem a bit blown out. I should have been more specific.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5053 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:45:44 »

Might be your monitor, looks red to me.
The previous picture of the red on sanctuary set(looks really pink to me)? The most recent picture isn't, but the colors seem a bit blown out. I should have been more specific.

Ohhhh that looks pink, yes.
I love Elzy

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5054 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:46:52 »
I'm tired and should have been more specific  ^-^

Time for a nos or something..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5055 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:48:05 »
I'm tired and should have been more specific  ^-^

Time for a nos or something..

Hell yeah I'm about to go grab some
I love Elzy

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5056 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:55:06 »

Thanks!  Hmm... I've been using my iPhone for pics, and reds always come out terribly over saturated.  I do some basic adjustments using Photoscape, but I don't mess with the hues besides white balance.  I could not figure out how to fix the reds without making everything else look dull.

When I view these pics with my monitor and ipad, the reds don't look pink but still over saturated haha.  Or are you asking about the Fn keys?  They are Bingecaps and aren't standard red.  One is a crimson red (hot lips), and the other is pink lemonade. :)

I don't have a real camera, but I do have an old point and shoot somewhere that might yield better results.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5057 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:03:53 »

Thanks!  Hmm... I've been using my iPhone for pics, and reds always come out terribly over saturated.  I do some basic adjustments using Photoscape, but I don't mess with the hues besides white balance.  I could not figure out how to fix the reds without making everything else look dull.

When I view these pics with my monitor and ipad, the reds don't look pink but still over saturated haha.  Or are you asking about the Fn keys?  They are Bingecaps and aren't standard red.  One is a crimson red (hot lips), and the other is pink lemonade. :)

I don't have a real camera, but I do have an old point and shoot somewhere that might yield better results.
I see, amazing iphone pictures then, I wouldn't have guessed. I was talking about the red control key in the newer pictures, looks like it's glowing :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5058 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:09:32 »

I see, amazing iphone pictures then, I wouldn't have guessed. I was talking about the red control key in the newer pictures, looks like it's glowing :)

Haha. :)  Ah yes all the colors are quite bright/oversaturated in my pics.  I use auto level, auto contrast, and white balance.  Reds just look terrible even before adjustment.  I'm totally not a photographer or know how to do proper postprocessing.  I'll try my other camera next time and see if that's any better.  Thanks, guys!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5059 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:21:33 »
Here is the original picture without any fiddling on my part other than resize:

And this is the edited version I posted earlier:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #5060 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:25:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

I had the same issue on my iPhone 4. iPhone 5 seemed to clear that up. It always blew the reds way out.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5061 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 23:48:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

I had the same issue on my iPhone 4. iPhone 5 seemed to clear that up. It always blew the reds way out.

I'm using an iPhone 5, but I am using a 3rd party camera app called Camera+ for pics.  I'll try the default Camera app sometime and see if there's a difference.  Thanks!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5062 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 00:26:39 »
Tap tap tap's Camera+ .. I swear by them!!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5063 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 04:16:27 »
I did some more tests with photos tonight.  One thing is that the lighting was quite bright, and reducing the amount of light did improve things a little.  However, reds weren't as blown out using my old Canon point and shoot compared to my iPhone 5.  For the iPhone, using different camera apps didn't seem to make much difference.

The red Clacks in the following pictures are Revenge Red (more of standard red, a little deeper red than the HHKB red keys) and F2 Red (darker maroon red).  The Canon pic looks the most accurate on my monitor, although the reds are still quite off... Revenge Red almost looks like Hack Orange.

iPhone 5 with full lights:

iPhone 5 with less lighting:

Canon point and shoot with less lighting:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #5064 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 09:00:53 »
Yea, with the Canon shot there, now you can really see how off the iPhone is.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5065 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 14:09:21 »
Yup, I will use the Canon from now on.  It's too bad since iPhone + Dropbox is so convenient for getting pics onto the PC.

Anyways, thanks guys for all the helpful feedback!   :thumb:

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #5066 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 14:57:11 »
On the advice of Naasfu I'm posting my latest acquisitions here. Took me 2 months to run down both caps, but it was well worth the effort.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5067 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:15:42 »
On the advice of Naasfu I'm posting my latest acquisitions here. Took me 2 months to run down both caps, but it was well worth the effort.

Very nice!  Two of the best Clacks:  Oktoberfest and Candy Corn blanks.  But then again, I'm a huge fan of the blanks.  Now you need to get a Julysicle and you'll have the complete set.  I'm also a fan of sets.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #5068 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:23:49 »

Very nice!  Two of the best Clacks:  Oktoberfest and Candy Corn blanks.  But then again, I'm a huge fan of the blanks.  Now you need to get a Julysicle and you'll have the complete set.  I'm also a fan of sets.

I'm absolutely in the market for the topre Julysicle, just haven't seen one for sale yet. I prefer the blanks to the skulls personally -- this is probably blasphemous in this thread but the skulls are a bit gaudy imo, I'd only want 1 max and I'm not even sure it would stay on my keyboard unless it was a candy corn, drunken or julysicle skull to match the corresponding blank.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5069 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:25:02 »
I've stopped collecting clacks in general but I'd buy the hell out of a Julysicle Topre Fn.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5070 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:25:32 »
Yes, get Julysicle!  They are really pretty and are now my favorite blank.  They have a really great glow with backlight; I'll take some pics soon.

Sometime I'll get Oktoberfest to complete my set. :)

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #5071 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:37:45 »
Whats the rarity on the oktoberfest skull like? higher or lower then the older ones like Jack/OG/Mr Friday?

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #5072 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:48:12 »
Whats the rarity on the oktoberfest skull like? higher or lower then the older ones like Jack/OG/Mr Friday?

Inquiring minds would love to know. Seems to me the Drunken/Candy Corn/Julysicle skulls tend to sell for north of $200 which is a bit rich for my blood.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5073 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:54:03 »

Inquiring minds would love to know. Seems to me the Drunken/Candy Corn/Julysicle skulls tend to sell for north of $200 which is a bit rich for my blood.

I just answered this question in the Clack Info Thread, since we're straying a bit off-topic :).

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5074 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 04:59:06 »
Julysicles!

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #5075 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 14:00:06 »
yeah, Julisicle, Skullsicle are very nice with led :)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5076 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 14:44:12 »
Julysicles!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Pretty. I love the look of julysicles.

Hide those from dubs
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #5077 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:13:31 »
Pretty. I love the look of julysicles.

Hide those from dubs

Don't worry, they've already been inquired about  >:D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5078 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:20:58 »

^-^
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:36:27 by dustinhxc »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5079 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:27:50 »
Show Image

^-^

Whoa, that's really beautiful man.  What color is that?  Looks like a dark eggplant?  Are the eyes red, or is that just the lighting?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5080 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:33:07 »
Show Image

^-^

Whoa, that's really beautiful man.  What color is that?  Looks like a dark eggplant?  Are the eyes red, or is that just the lighting?

Added a better shot with more light and less yellow. :) It is like a dark eggplant yes, wine purple maybe? Not sure! Just the lighting!  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5081 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:37:42 »
That second shot is fantastic!

Is this a new colour?  Don't remember having seen it before ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #5082 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:40:25 »
Show Image

Show Image

^-^

Amazing color, i have never seen this one before. Its so evil looking!
sell out and eat ass

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #5083 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:59:37 »

First clack! Thanks Riotonthebay!
;)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #5084 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:04:08 »
Show Image

Congrats! :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5085 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:05:44 »
Show Image

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club ;)

Looking good on that HHKB!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #5086 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:00:38 »
Finally the stagnation of my clack collection ended. :thumb:

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #5087 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:26:14 »
Show Image

Awesome RESPRiT, I too am looking for a red skull for my HHKB. Looks amazing!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5088 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:28:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

^-^
That might be my new favorite clack :O

Beside Skeletor of course  :rolleyes:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5089 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:28:50 »

^-^

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5090 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:31:00 »
Show Image

Woo!  That F2 matches well with your layout.

Finally the stagnation of my clack collection ended. :thumb:

Show Image

Great shot of those lovely teeth.  :thumb:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5091 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:35:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

^-^

Show Image

Oh dang.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5092 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:41:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

^-^

Show Image

Oh dang.

So clean and so beautiful!

Heres one more, night!

^-^

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5093 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:24:39 »
I did close ups of the purple but heres a far shot.

One with Hack Orange, Candy Corn, and Ghost (Milk) White.

Enjoy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5094 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:25:26 »
dat purple too nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5095 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:30:16 »
Excellent pics, Dustin!  Love that purple and ghost white.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #5096 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:45:25 »
Those pictures are stellar Dustin! What lens do you use for your close ups?
;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5097 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 19:28:54 »
The background, lighting and other keycaps really suit the purple one in that first shot :)

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #5098 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 00:12:02 »
I did close ups of the purple but heres a far shot.

Show Image

One with Hack Orange, Candy Corn, and Ghost (Milk) White.

Show Image

Enjoy.

Candy Candy my friend ;)

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #5099 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:33:50 »
hopefully i can get one soon lol