Author Topic: F and J keycaps  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Skoobs

F and J keycaps
« on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 23:27:23 »
i want to get keycaps for the F and J keys on my Das, and was wondering if any are available. i would really love to get something like the Clack Factory black skull keycaps to make locating the F and J keys faster. does a product like this exist? or will i have to make my own?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
F and J keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 01:41:24 »
I think the most noticeable available are either center dot nub, or the scooped style on Cherry keycaps. I've also noticed that on some sets the bar style nub is right on the lower edge and is much less pronounced than it could be.

Offline VPX

F and J keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 12:31:43 »
You could buy deep dish key caps from a Cherry G80-3000 if somebody sells his.
Hack Amethyst 3000 key cap set coming when it\'s done (2012)

Offline Lanx

F and J keycaps
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 17:45:33 »
wasd is cool in that you could buy the "dot" or the "underline" version of f/j, blanks seperately.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/individual-blank-keycaps.html

Offline bloodygood

F and J keycaps
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 22:13:22 »
I wonder if I am one of the only people here who would prefer to have non-altered f and j keys. Because of the way I type they actually do me no good having them be special nubbed or anything like that, in fact I personally just find it bothersome to the touch. When I make my custom keyboard I plan on using no nubbed keys at all.
Current collection: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown, IBM Model M, Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite II, Dell AT101W.
Looking for: IBM Model M SpaceSaver, HHKB Topre keychain. >> Feedback Thread

Offline xwhatsit

F and J keycaps
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 22:24:50 »
Quote from: bloodygood;453014
I wonder if I am one of the only people here who would prefer to have non-altered f and j keys. Because of the way I type they actually do me no good having them be special nubbed or anything like that, in fact I personally just find it bothersome to the touch. When I make my custom keyboard I plan on using no nubbed keys at all.
Model F.
Beam spring IBM 5251 (7361073/7362149) & IBM 3727 (5641316) | Model F IBM 122-key terminal & IBM PC-AT 84-key | Model M Unicomp 122-key terminal | Cherry MX Blue Leopold Tenkeyless

Offline Skoobs

F and J keycaps
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 00:35:07 »
Quote from: bloodygood;453014

well, when you type while lying sideways across your chair... lol

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
F and J keycaps
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 06:52:18 »
When I rearranged my unicomp to Dvorak, the U and H keys didn't have nubs. Also J is hardly used, and F isn't that much either, so it's much less noticeable.

Offline bloodygood

F and J keycaps
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 09:10:17 »
I plan on purchasing a completely blank set of keycaps, no nubs. And perhaps I can get them laser or etched later on by WASD or something, I will have to talk to him once he can do front face laser/etching.
Current collection: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown, IBM Model M, Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite II, Dell AT101W.
Looking for: IBM Model M SpaceSaver, HHKB Topre keychain. >> Feedback Thread