Author Topic: XD75re Case Compatibility  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Lucien Midnight

• Ridkey Studio Keycaps
    • Ridkey Studio Order Form
XD75re Case Compatibility
« on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 10:52:36 »
Has anyone had good luck fitting the XD75re in a case? The aluminum case an KP republic was sold out last time I checked and it definitely has a lot of problems with standard 60% cases I've tried.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Offline Lucien Midnight

• Ridkey Studio Keycaps
Re: XD75re Case Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:15:09 »
Found a case on AliExpress for about 50 bucks USD that claims compatibility with XD75. I ordered it and really hope it is also compatible with XD75re! Too bad they were out of stock on the orange aluminum version. Went with grey instead.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Haros

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:56:00 »
I want to order XD75 and I'm facing the exact same problem with case availability right now. I believe I've found the same alternative case on AliExpress as you mentioned here.

Did you already receive yours? If so how is it?

Offline geekmonkey

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 08:14:24 »
I'm looking at buying one of these myself, would also love an answer to this! On Aliexpress they seem to indicate basically any 60% case will work, but I'm a bit unsure how legit that actually is.

Offline Haros

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 10:07:27 »
I'm looking at buying one of these myself, would also love an answer to this! On Aliexpress they seem to indicate basically any 60% case will work, but I'm a bit unsure how legit that actually is.

From the research I've done it seems that most cases work either by using spacers or by filing down one of the supports or switch middle thingy. Depends on the case and RE version is harder to fit because of the sockets. As this one only has little supports on the side and only screws on the sides it seems to go around that problem. Still hoping for a little confirmation and wondering if the keyboard doesn't flex in the middle because of lack of support there.

Offline geekmonkey

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 13:55:50 »
Some of the cases I looked at on Ali said things like "​New Poker 2 with Type C and Poker 3 RGB can't use" and the XD75re uses type C, but the boards are obviously different, so does that remark concern the XD75 as well, do you know?

Offline Haros

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 15:01:48 »
They also have XD75 clone kit with this case that also uses type C.  Still something that I hope someone can shed a light on.

Offline Lucien Midnight

• Ridkey Studio Keycaps
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 22:37:57 »
They also have XD75 clone kit with this case that also uses type C.  Still something that I hope someone can shed a light on.
It worked perfectly! The GH60 case without any mounts in the bottom works great. Here is the AliExpress link: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32921993410.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32921993410&aff_trace_key=2b17650114d94b82bf89c85dab72a30e-1550938224177-03600-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=6878amp-RE3tNnzZA5LCyChfdei61Q1552019685186

The case doesn't have any mounts in the middle, so it works great with the hot-swap board.

Offline Lucien Midnight

• Ridkey Studio Keycaps
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 00:08:53 »

From the research I've done it seems that most cases work either by using spacers or by filing down one of the supports or switch middle thingy. Depends on the case and RE version is harder to fit because of the sockets. As this one only has little supports on the side and only screws on the sides it seems to go around that problem. Still hoping for a little confirmation and wondering if the keyboard doesn't flex in the middle because of lack of support there.
I don't feel any significant flex in the case using the steel plate from KPRepublic. A bit pingy, like most aluminum cases, so I'd recommend filling the bottom with a sheet or two of drawer liner. Planning to do this myself.

Offline Haros

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:55:17 »
Thanks for an answer. In the meantime I got answer from someone on reddit as well. That seals the deal for me and I'll get it in the next few days.