Author Topic: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 238625 times)

Offline hiisdesign

(Attachment Link)

OOoh that satin black look so nice, i cant wait for my gold/black

Offline StanleyLelnats

+1 for original blue rather than the newer blue gray. Maybe it is just the lighting, but the new blue gray looks a lot lighter than what was shown in the renders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Curin Derwin

Any Extras? Def in for an Ocean!

Offline Git2Gether

This looks incredible, and pretty bumbed I missed this GB as well.  How do we know if there are any extras?  I am interested in getting one if there is.  Thank you.

Offline Kharann

Man i really wish I started with this hobby 2 months ago. Pretty bummed I missed out on this. Hopefully I can get my hand on an extra ocean or wait 2 years for next group buy

Offline Missingnumber

Any Extras? Def in for an Ocean!

Man i really wish I started with this hobby 2 months ago. Pretty bummed I missed out on this. Hopefully I can get my hand on an extra ocean or wait 2 years for next group buy

This looks incredible, and pretty bumbed I missed this GB as well.  How do we know if there are any extras?  I am interested in getting one if there is.  Thank you.

The Think 6.5 v2 will be starting at some point in the near future. It's not the same of course, but it's still a very good option. There will be extras of this one it sounds like, but these things sell out super fast normally. I wouldn't place all my hopes on getting one.

I tried to get an extra of the Taeha Types bag yesterday, and it sold out before I could complete the captcha.

Offline Git2Gether

The Think 6.5 v2 will be starting at some point in the near future. It's not the same of course, but it's still a very good option. There will be extras of this one it sounds like, but these things sell out super fast normally. I wouldn't place all my hopes on getting one.

I tried to get an extra of the Taeha Types bag yesterday, and it sold out before I could complete the captcha.

How does the extra sales work?  Do they announce it here or discord?  Is there a raffle for them?

Offline Missingnumber

How does the extra sales work?  Do they announce it here or discord?  Is there a raffle for them?

From my understanding in participating in group buys:
The purpose of extras is to have back ups in case there are quality problems with some boards after the seller gets them from the factory. The seller will also usually wait until all the group buy participants have received their boards and no problems are discovered. Although the seller has said there will be extras, there's no guarantee there will be any in the color you want if there are any issues.

I have no clue how this Gray Studio handles their sale of extras, but they will probably announce ahead of time how and when they will do it.

Offline heartbreak

Pretty sure it’s gonna be in all of them but follow their IG for frequent updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Potter: Most regular colored anodization done, pending schrodinger colorways and PCB production.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
From AirPotter:

Still awaiting PCB and schrodinger, some standard colors are done.

Offline Jyobah

Its  happening !!!    :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Update from AirPotter:
All anodization completed.
Electrophoresis still in process.
PCB maker DemoS has arrived to stay with Potter for a couple of weeks, PCBs are being made and will go through both factory QC and DemoS's manual QC before being packed. PCB will be VIA ready out of the box. For those who have very old computers, VIA may not work for you, and you can always use a newer computer to change the keys, or use regular QMK toolbox to flash a firmware.

Offline hkiri

Any news about the Schrodinger colors? How many colorways are there?

Offline grimmaniac

Knowing about the colours before opening the box would go against the idea of a Schrödinger keyboard.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 XL mit Tapatalk

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
Update from AirPotter:
PCB maker DemoS has arrived to stay with Potter for a couple of weeks, PCBs are being made and will go through both factory QC and DemoS's manual QC before being packed. PCB will be VIA ready out of the box. For those who have very old computers, VIA may not work for you, and you can always use a newer computer to change the keys, or use regular QMK toolbox to flash a firmware.

Really appreciate the constant detailed updates. You guys are doing some amazing work and I love the color combos. I am anxious to see what Schrodinger I get.

Keep up the great work, Think V2 might have to be an add for me also :)

Offline hkiri

Knowing about the colours before opening the box would go against the idea of a Schrödinger keyboard.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 XL mit Tapatalk

No not really, I still won't know which one I'll receive.
Just some information about how many different colorways exist or if there are any differences in materials (is everything anodized or are some parts e-coated, etc.) is something very basic and nobody will know too much or even which one they will receive.

Offline Dopamine

Do you not understand the concept of Schrödingers cat?
You don't know until you have opened the box.

Offline hkiri

I understand it very well. And I'll still not know which one I'll receive even if I know all of the available colorways in advance (as in I know which kind of cat is in the box but I don't know if it's dead or alive).
Discussion over for me.

Offline x1angel

I understand it very well. And I'll still not know which one I'll receive even if I know all of the available colorways in advance (as in I know which kind of cat is in the box but I don't know if it's dead or alive).
Discussion over for me.
You will get experimental color options as I know if you pick Schrodinger option

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline AMONster

Hey ya’ll maybe someone is selling their spot? Missed this gb.  Looking for a e-white variant. Please pm me your offers.

Offline vinyldoodles

Update from AirPotter:

Thanks for the update.

I don't have much experience with group buys, but the communication on this one has been top notch  :thumb:

Offline dstaar

any reasonable estimation of when this can be shipped?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2020, 17:17:13 by dstaar »

Offline Kefuan

If anyone has since changed their mind and wants to sell when they receive the board....please PM me. Got massive fomo on this one! Ideally aftera a robocop.

Offline stein3

Update from AirPotter:
Great! Any final pics of the ano? Instagram has been all Think for a while 😛

Offline Pach

Top 10 keyboard manufacturing speedruns, can't wait

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

Currently, I am projecting China GB to be shipped in August, and then the Geekhack GB (likely in September)
PCB testing is wrapping up, and schrodinger version surface treatment will start soon.

Offline jeel7004

Will there be shipping confirmations sent out? I will be moving in August and will need to update my address.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Will there be shipping confirmations sent out? I will be moving in August and will need to update my address.

I will announce here and Instagram, oldcat will help me announce in discord when the boards are about to be shipped. And you can email me about address change.

Offline dstaar

Currently, I am projecting China GB to be shipped in August, and then the Geekhack GB (likely in September)
PCB testing is wrapping up, and schrodinger version surface treatment will start soon.

Thank you, wish everything go smoothly as expected!
I just becoming more impatient to touch my robocop  ;D

Offline Egobean

is this gb over?? i just seen this....

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
is this gb over?? i just seen this....

This GB ended in late April, we are in the process of wrapping up the production.
Limited ready-to-ship stocks will be available at Graystudio.club after GB fulfillment at $399 per board.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

I really loved how the gray top and black bottom turned out, after multiple ano testings I believe I have made it a very nice gray. I think you will be happy!

Offline Dopamine

I really loved how the gray top and black bottom turned out, after multiple ano testings I believe I have made it a very nice gray. I think you will be happy!
This makes me super happy. Can't wait to get my Robocop

Offline kabocha

Any new pictures of the finished anodized colors?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

I have been working in factory for a few days straight to start schrodinger surface treatment, I will share some pictures when I pack the boards. They all look super smooth and I think you will like them a lot. Here are some pictures of a test sample (for a schrodinger), there will be many other cool schrodinger colorways.

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 13:27:39 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline Rumblehotep

Beyond excited for EVA-01 after seeing how nicely the purple & black turned out, can't wait to spruce it up with red accents for Unit-01's Berserk kit! 
Can't wait for Schrodinger Day when people reveal their colorways, went in for an additional Schrodinger in the Think 6.5 buy out of pure hype.  If the attention to colors turns out as nice as for the predetermined options so far, I'm sure everyone will be happy with whatever they receive.

Offline Curin Derwin

Is Schrodinger a mystery color that's different from the other colors? Is that the idea?

Offline toastMoney

Is Schrodinger a mystery color that's different from the other colors? Is that the idea?

I believe the idea is that the Schrodinger option is every colorway simultaneously.  This phenomenon is only ruined once you open the box, so many ppl are opting to just leave it in their collection unopened.

Offline VagueOrigin

I want

Offline vinyldoodles

I have been working in factory for a few days straight to start schrodinger surface treatment, I will share some pictures when I pack the boards. They all look super smooth and I think you will like them a lot. Here are some pictures of a test sample (for a schrodinger), there will be many other cool schrodinger colorways.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This looks insane. Wish i'd gone for a Schrodinger now! Can't wait for these to start shipping. 

Offline Assembly

Will spare PCB's will be available once all the GB is fulfilled? I only bought one but I would like to get a hot swap as well if possible with my case

Offline PantoneC

Will spare PCB's will be available once all the GB is fulfilled? I only bought one but I would like to get a hot swap as well if possible with my case

hotswap pcb was never an option for space r2.

Offline Assembly

hotswap pcb was never an option for space r2.

Oh oop! Thanks for that catch!

Offline mechatron.prime

I missed out on this, I hope I can hop on one of the extras after the GB has been fulfilled.

Offline RexKorp

The coating on the brass badge looks glossy, is that just for schrödinger or for all colors (would be a nice contrast to the matte black case)?

Offline masamune27

Hey guys, does anybody have any news about this GB ?

Offline supermunny

Huh? The runners are constantly giving updates on the progress on here & Instagram.

Offline masamune27

Huh? The runners are constantly giving updates on the progress on here & Instagram.
It's just that I haven't seen any updates for some time here, and on IG, I saw lots of updates for the Think6.5v2.
Which is why I am asking if there were any new info out.