Author Topic: [IC] GMK Café (Group Buy Starts on October 1st!)  (Read 133571 times)

Offline p_blaze

Re: [IC] GMK Café
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 21:00:27 »
now you don't need to worry about spilling coffee on your keyboard because no one will know the difference

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 22:24:10 »
v similar to a lot of sets

not a bad thing, but yea

consider using GMK colors for the alphas and mods bases as theyre super close to existing ones. less issues there with matching

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 22:27:08 »
Nice.
Have you considerd to change the modifiers color to more brown?

Hey there - this is actually something I’ve gotten a lot with the feedback from this set. Working through the colors, I was very cognizant of staying brown that doesn’t really look very brown...if that makes sense. I was worried the set would come out as coffee house or chocolatier so there was a lot of effort put into getting very close to a specific tone of coffee. Specifically the coffee in my French press =)

Offline ian13

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:31:17 »
Is it possible to add R3 and R4 PgUp and PgDn, respectively?

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 01:54:24 »
I've been waiting for a nice coffee themed set, so I'm definitely interested. I do think I would almost need to put this on a black board to show that it's actually brown, however. I get why you may want to make it different from some of the other previous coffee sets, but it may just be a wee bit too dark. This is of course only an opinion.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 02:13:51 »
Awesome!!
In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 03:36:31 »

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 06:03:56 »
Is it possible to add R3 and R4 PgUp and PgDn, respectively?

Definitely something that’s possible. If it’s something we see being requested relatively frequently, it’s only a few keys and should be pretty easy to do.

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 06:42:43 »
Maybe have the mods colors a bit more brown?

But other than that, big oof, really digging.

Offline tentboy

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 07:20:50 »
love coffee, excellent colorway, I don't need any more keycaps though...conflicted.  but probably in

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 07:32:05 »
There seems to be a |\ 1u R4 black key in one of the renders but I can't see it in the black set?

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 08:16:16 »
gonna jump on the lighter brown for mods bandwagon

not a light brown for sure, but just something lighter or.... browner. ;D

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 09:05:15 »
v similar to a lot of sets

not a bad thing, but yea

consider using GMK colors for the alphas and mods bases as theyre super close to existing ones. less issues there with matching

Definitely considered using stock colors for the mods to avoid potential matching issues; however, they weren't close enough to what I was hoping to achieve. Risky to match, I know, but I think the end result will be worth it.

Thanks for checking out the set!

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 09:38:57 »
we need this Covfefe set  :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 10:16:22 »
I'd prefer more brown on the mods, as I think we're about to play the same game GMK Phantom did with purple. I'd probably like the color on the enter key to be the alphas. But if I made the set, it would probably be GMK Chocolatier mods and Zambumon's GMK tactical set alphas...and I can do that on my own anyways. Shoot your shot.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 12:40:40 »
There seems to be a |\ 1u R4 black key in one of the renders but I can't see it in the black set?

Great catch - I will need to update this. The render is not correct. Currently proposed kits would only support full ISO with the white alphas. I wanted to have a board show the dark alphas kit as well as ISO - I shouldn't have combined the two.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 13:27:22 »
I'd prefer more brown on the mods, as I think we're about to play the same game GMK Phantom did with purple. I'd probably like the color on the enter key to be the alphas. But if I made the set, it would probably be GMK Chocolatier mods and Zambumon's GMK tactical set alphas...and I can do that on my own anyways. Shoot your shot.

GMK Phantom has no problems IRL which is what most people care about anyways.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 14:14:10 »

Ehh, I own phantom, yes it does.

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 17:11:46 »
I'm a big fan of coffee, this as well! Very much looking forward to updates  :thumb:

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 17:28:33 »

Great catch - I will need to update this. The render is not correct. Currently proposed kits would only support full ISO with the white alphas. I wanted to have a board show the dark alphas kit as well as ISO - I shouldn't have combined the two.

I have removed the current Jane render since it showed this incorrectly and will have it updated.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:34:00 »

[/quote]

Also own phantom, it doesn't look like the renders. I like it anyways.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 05:25:03 »

I have removed the current Jane render since it showed this incorrectly and will have it updated.

That's a shame as I would have loved to be able to use the black kit with ISO too! Definitely in for a base kit and Sugar anyway.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 16:16:55 »

If the dark alphas support for ISO is requested enough and/or doesn't affect the kit's price, I'd love to have it included for my ISO brothers and sisters that want the dark version =) - stay tuned and thanks for the support!

That's a shame as I would have loved to be able to use the black kit with ISO too! Definitely in for a base kit and Sugar anyway.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 19:09:55 »
This is nice, but all I can see is Monochrome in the renders. Is it possible to adjust the brown in the renders to look more like the ral color swatch?

Offline Juanca.phi

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 11:02:55 »
Beautiful, backing this up 100%

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 20:12:27 »
I'm a big fan of coffee, this as well! Very much looking forward to updates  :thumb:

Love your sets - glad you like it!!

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 20:14:03 »
This is nice, but all I can see is Monochrome in the renders. Is it possible to adjust the brown in the renders to look more like the ral color swatch?

I know it can be very difficult to tell the actual color of the brown in the render. I will have a second round of renders so we'll see what we can do to show it off better. Thanks for checking it out and the feedback!

Offline sK0pe

Re: [IC] GMK Café (Vendor Announced)
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 10:53:50 »
This is a must buy for me but maybe double the number of icons so 1U 2x beans, 1U 2x cups or whatever you feel like for row 4.

Will get this set maybe the brown alphas too.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 13:46:57 »
...maybe double the number of icons so 1U 2x beans, 1U 2x cups or whatever you feel like for row 4.
Seconding this, opportunity for symmetry would be nice.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 13:50:51 »
...maybe double the number of icons so 1U 2x beans, 1U 2x cups or whatever you feel like for row 4.
Seconding this, opportunity for symmetry would be nice.

This is definitely something that's under consideration. We hope to maybe make it a reality for those interested. Stay tuned =)

Offline krey

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 13:55:55 »
Please give me a deskmat with a mug ring stain on it.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 14:32:51 »
Please give me a deskmat with a mug ring stain on it.

Maybe, maybe not =)

Offline courtcodes

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 15:46:34 »
Innnnnn for this one.

It's gonna be an expensive summer

Offline jariss

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 17:08:38 »
Calling it now: This is going to be keyset of the year.
The colors blend so well on this. The accent brown is very relaxing and good job with the whole theme! A deskpad of the box art would be awesome too.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 19:40:50 »
Consider the 1/60 in your next round of renders I just love that board.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 13:33:32 »
Innnnnn for this one.

It's gonna be an expensive summer

I wouldn’t worry about funds for this being affected by the other wonderful keysets in summer runs =)

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 13:34:35 »
Calling it now: This is going to be keyset of the year.
The colors blend so well on this. The accent brown is very relaxing and good job with the whole theme! A deskpad of the box art would be awesome too.

We’ve been toying with the idea of some deskpads. Nothing final yet, still working through all that. But, it’s very possible!

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 13:35:21 »
Consider the 1/60 in your next round of renders I just love that board.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Very cool board, indeed! I’ll keep it in mind for sure! Thanks for checking out the set!!

Offline Gabbzan

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 17:03:14 »
might have to get this to match the coffe beans i use as a background

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 21:03:17 »
might have to get this to match the coffe beans i use as a background

It wouldn’t be a bad match!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 21:16:57 »
Love love love this. I'm a huge coffee fan it's probably my favorite part of the day. I have a few points of feedback.

I'd much prefer if this set used icon+text mods (like og cherry). I think it'd fit great with the soft spoken and subdued themes of the key set.

Also, is there any chance you could add a 1.25u r3 tab key? This expands the base kit to fit a majority of 40% keyboards (at least with respect to size/profile). I'd be happy if this legend was enter, tab, ctrl, or really anything honestly.

Potential keys to remove to accommodate this: r1 pg dn, r1 end, mod colored ` key, or r4 1u ctrl/tab (forcing people with tada/60 with arrows to use novelties instead).
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline noahf

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 22:40:28 »
would probably never look right, but it would be cool if deskpad looked like a good old brown bag of coffee. i doubt it would like right printed, but would be very fitting.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 02:21:18 »
Potential keys to remove to accommodate this: r1 pg dn, r1 end, mod colored ` key, or r4 1u ctrl/tab (forcing people with tada/60 with arrows to use novelties instead).
Totally understand the wish for more compat, but I don't think it makes sense to do so while asking for removal of other compat.

• R1 Page Down/End - used in 1800/compact 1800
  • Mod Coloured ` - pure aesthetic, but a very popular key
  • R4 1u Ctrl - used in 60 with arrows or 65%, as noted, but also some boards from sizes 75% to 1800 afaik

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 02:23:54 »
Totally understand the wish for more compat, but I don't think it makes sense to do so while asking for removal of other compat.

• R1 Page Down/End - used in 1800/compact 1800
  • Mod Coloured ` - pure aesthetic, but a very popular key
  • R4 1u Ctrl - used in 60 with arrows or 65%, as noted, but also some boards from sizes 75% to 1800 afaik

Ahh I didn't know r1 pg dn was used for 1800 layouts that makes a lot of sense.

The other two I think are still worthy trade-offs though as both 60 with arrows and 65% can choose to use the extra 1u keys that are provided even though the legends are not perfect.

Also, we could just add 1 more key :) It's not a huge ask.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 02:34:20 »
Ahh I didn't know r1 pg dn was used for 1800 layouts that makes a lot of sense.

The other two I think are still worthy trade-offs though as both 60 with arrows and 65% can choose to use the extra 1u keys that are provided even though the legends are not perfect.

Also, we could just add 1 more key :) It's not a huge ask.
Yea, I'm totally in favour of adding the key - just arguing to keep the keys I'd use too  ;)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 13:26:52 »
Great idea, and I love sets with brown, but I agree with those who say this set has too stark of a contrast to look coffee-themed, and also on the generic side.  The dark brown modifiers against those alpha caps will look black in most lighting conditions, unless there’s bright light over the keyboard.  Cappuccino foam color for alphas and a tad lighter mod color (for beans), and maybe some red-brown accents for cinnamon (I don’t do that to my coffee, but it’s a topping option).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 14:27:23 »
I'm in for dark coffee.

Offline skiyoshii

• na
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 00:50:42 »
Never been a fan of brown in general, but I really like coffee!

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 00:52:10 »
Great idea, and I love sets with brown, but I agree with those who say this set has too stark of a contrast to look coffee-themed, and also on the generic side.  The dark brown modifiers against those alpha caps will look black in most lighting conditions, unless there’s bright light over the keyboard.  Cappuccino foam color for alphas and a tad lighter mod color (for beans), and maybe some red-brown accents for cinnamon (I don’t do that to my coffee, but it’s a topping option).

+1

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 01:39:37 »

+1

I really wish OP would recognize this issue. This set is going to look like b&w under most lighting conditions, which is a shame, since a few shades lighter would really make for a nice brown color set.