Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394697 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #3300 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:25:10 »
I've got a hack orange click clack skull, any idea what it might be worth?

Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum.  Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.

OP:

Wondering what something's worth, but not necessarily sure you want to sell it? Post here and people will let you know. I'll try to keep a running table of values as people ask and others answer.

I highly recommend you stay away from asking about CC key appraisals as they tend to be a bit controversial. If you really don't know what to ask for it, put it up for auction [on eBay]. Posts pertaining to them in this thread will likely be deleted. Thanks!

KEEPER OF THE FAITH EDIT: All inquiries into the current value of Clack Factory artisan keycaps should be directed to the Clack Valuaion thread.

Also, please try to be as detailed as possible in your description of the item(s) for which you are requesting a price check. It helps others to give you a more accurate value of the item in question.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:35:43 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3301 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:36:26 »
ok thanks jd I'll put it on ebay

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3302 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:36:59 »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3303 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 16:11:13 »
Is a model f terminal bigfoot even worth anything?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3304 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:07:25 »

not really because nobody has figured out how to convert it to USB yet.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3305 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:12:14 »

soontm
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3306 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:22:49 »

soontm
Yeah how is that model F controller going? It looked like they had already made some

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3307 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:25:48 »
I have no idea I was just being crypitc
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3308 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:35:03 »
I think somebody at dt is working on it but when there's xt's to use instead, there isn't much motivation to convert the bigfoot

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #3309 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:22:55 »
I just accidently got a model m 401 1992 for $34 without cable, I know I am stupid. Please tell me how bad I did make on this decision, plus I do need a cable for this and where is the best place to get those cable and how much does it worth?

Thanks guys, again, I know I am stupid......

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3310 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:27:07 »
I just accidently got a model m 401 1992 for $34 without cable, I know I am stupid. Please tell me how bad I did make on this decision, plus I do need a cable for this and where is the best place to get those cable and how much does it worth?

Don't worry: http://pckeyboard.com/page/Cables/1395110

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3311 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:28:09 »

$34 for a sdl to usb cable or $15 for a sdl to ps/2 cable

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3312 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:31:38 »

I would say that $34 for a complete working 1391401 plus shipping is a good price, and if that is a shipped price, it is great!

If you have to replace a few caps it is less desirable, but still OK. A standard replacement cable usually goes for about $15 shipped, or if you want a really nice cable, this is it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEIGE-USB-to-SDL-6-Pin-6ft-IBM-Lexmark-Unicomp-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-Cable-NEW-/271470078682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f34e0aada
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3313 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:01:32 »
I think somebody at dt is working on it but when there's xt's to use instead, there isn't much motivation to convert the bigfoot
But the bigfoot is so, big

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #3314 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:04:55 »

I would say that $34 for a complete working 1391401 plus shipping is a good price, and if that is a shipped price, it is great!

If you have to replace a few caps it is less desirable, but still OK. A standard replacement cable usually goes for about $15 shipped, or if you want a really nice cable, this is it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEIGE-USB-to-SDL-6-Pin-6ft-IBM-Lexmark-Unicomp-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-Cable-NEW-/271470078682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f34e0aada
Thanks, I am thinking about buying the cable from unicomp - $15 plus 6 shipping (seems expensive), but I can also order some keycap in the same time
do you think this is a wise move?
(just want to make sure, is model m use sdl to ps2 cable?)

Edit: $34 is shipped and "I think" its in working condition
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:07:35 by iloveucla »

Offline calavera

« Reply #3315 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:50:41 »
How much for a dolch pac keyboard in mint condition?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3316 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 09:00:43 »

I paid $100 plus shipping for mine, but I got the whole PAC system. Not that I wanted anything but the keyboard.

That's what they were going for last I checked.

in memoriam

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3317 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:15:48 »

I paid $100 plus shipping for mine, but I got the whole PAC system. Not that I wanted anything but the keyboard.

That's what they were going for last I checked.
Really? Lucky you, I've seen going for a few hundred at the lowest

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3318 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 13:49:23 »
For Dolch G80-1813, $100-120 is average market price. It seems it's about 50/50 on getting the seller to sell only keyboard, more often than not for the same price as the whole PAC unit... but at least it half the shipping.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3319 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 14:35:40 »
For Dolch G80-1813, $100-120 is average market price. It seems it's about 50/50 on getting the seller to sell only keyboard, more often than not for the same price as the whole PAC unit... but at least it half the shipping.

I think mine was $100-110 for the whole thing shipped and in great condition.  If you only look for Dolch brand, it does tend to be pricier.  If you search under alternate names and also use onecraigs, you can find them for more reasonable prices.  I did a post on it a little bit back.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3320 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:09:28 »
Price check for a 62g lubed/stickered vintage black QFR! No caps. No micro usb cable.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3321 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:13:57 »
Price check for a 62g lubed/stickered vintage black QFR! No caps. No micro usb cable.

vintage blacks ~40 cents each, 62g springs 8 cents each, qfr ~$45-$50

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3322 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:16:30 »

I'd say $40-50 shipped tops.    The lack of caps and cable hurt.  The lubed, springs, and vintage are preference things that shouldn't factor in much, if at all, in price

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #3323 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:19:54 »

I'd say $40-50 shipped tops.    The lack of caps and cable hurt.  The lubed, springs, and vintage are preference things that shouldn't factor in much, if at all, in price
I'd say $50-60 shipped.  Most people who get them replce the qfr caps anyway.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3324 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:44:13 »

I see. I see QFRs sell for $65 shipped all the time though, seems weird that a modded one would sell for less. I have the caps in storage unfortunately, guess I should wait to get back to school o.o

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3325 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 09:54:42 »

I see. I see QFRs sell for $65 shipped all the time though, seems weird that a modded one would sell for less. I have the caps in storage unfortunately, guess I should wait to get back to school o.o

I would never pay more than $50 for a used one since they frequently go on sale for $60-70 brand new.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #3326 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:20:03 »
Black KBT Race II with mx blues and white LEDs. Lnib with cable and keycap puller. Wondering how much I should ask for it!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3327 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:25:08 »
Black KBT Race II with mx blues and white LEDs. Lnib with cable and keycap puller. Wondering how much I should ask for it!

$100 since new is $120

Offline captain

« Reply #3328 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 01:56:58 »
$100 for a used keyboard that sells new for $120??  GLWS!  I do love my Race, though. Best backlit keyboard I own. Black with green LEDs rocks. Odd they abandoned that combination.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 June 2014, 03:24:58 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline combataran

« Reply #3329 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 07:21:50 »
I'm looking for a set of GMK Olivettis. How much do they usually go for?
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3330 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 09:40:21 »
$100 for a used keyboard that sells new for $120??

80% of new price for a complete lightly used keyboard in perfect condition is reasonable for a more unusual variant, but 60%-70% might be more realistic for a more common or less desirable configuration.

Problems or missing parts will degrade the value considerably.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline intelli78

« Reply #3331 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 10:56:49 »
I'm looking for a set of GMK Olivettis. How much do they usually go for?

if you can find them at all, probably at least $150. Originative still has the PBT TKL set, but the usual disclaimers apply to ordering from them.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Danny356

« Reply #3332 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 21:50:39 »
nopoo choc mini with black switches i bought from ~2011 essentially NIB bought it on impulse and been sitting in my closet ever since

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3333 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 22:12:24 »
nopoo choc mini with black switches i bought from ~2011 essentially NIB bought it on impulse and been sitting in my closet ever since

$60

Offline calavera

« Reply #3334 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 19:54:51 »
Can I get price check on these please:

- NIB key caps from Dolch PAC
- Dolch moogle kit
- NIB key caps WoB alphas only
- NIB key caps WoB TKL with 1.25 mods (and the correct step on delete, end, pgdn which is rare as hell I suppose)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3335 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 19:58:03 »

- Dolch moogle kit
- NIB key caps WoB TKL with 1.25 mods (and the correct step on delete, end, pgdn which is rare as hell I suppose)

$100-$120
$20-30
$30
$60

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3336 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 19:58:43 »

- Dolch moogle kit

No clue, but I want dat moogle.

Offline calavera

« Reply #3337 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:17:24 »

- Dolch moogle kit

$100-$120
$20-30
$30
$60

weird, I was quoted the same price range for an entire NIB dolch PAC keyboard

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3338 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:18:52 »

- Dolch moogle kit

$100-$120
$20-30
$30
$60

Because honestly people only want the keyboard for the caps.

in memoriam

Offline ebacho

« Reply #3339 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:19:24 »

- Dolch moogle kit

$100-$120
$20-30
$30
$60

Because honestly people only want the keyboard for the caps.

Which is a shame, cause the board's quite nice as well.

Offline calavera

« Reply #3340 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:20:49 »
Yeah I mean the board itself is so nice and all you need is to modify the cable and you can enjoy vintage blues.
That's sad.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #3341 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:23:10 »
Many Geekhackers just have odd priorities I feel.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3342 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:29:40 »
Yeah I mean the board itself is so nice and all you need is to modify the cable and you can enjoy vintage blues.
That's sad.

I bought the Leeku from you so I could use mine in the Dolch case with the vintage blues.  I just couldn't figure out the PCB and didn't want to ruin it.

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #3343 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 05:08:38 »
A used G80 1800 (with winkey LPXXX model) white laser pbt german layout, I think its black switch, how much does it worth? (and it seems not appearing on  ebay most of the time?)
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 June 2014, 05:54:52 by iloveucla »

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #3344 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 06:21:52 »
G80-1851

€5

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3345 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 06:48:31 »
G80-1800LPCDE it's not worth that much true as those are not terribly popular but it is worth more than €5! It's at least worth the value of the switches which is more like €20. Honestly you would probably make more if you took it apart and sold everything in separate pieces.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #3346 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 06:53:14 »
G80-1800LPCDE it's not worth that much true as those are not terribly popular but it is worth more than €5!
Sorry, I overvalued it.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3347 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 07:01:23 »
Just because some liquidator had a ton of them and sold them low to get rid of them doesn't mean that's all they are worth ever again. By that logic all G80-5000 should be like $50 since one sold for that cheap once.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #3348 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 07:51:24 »
Just because some liquidator had a ton of them and sold them low to get rid of them doesn't mean that's all they are worth ever again. By that logic all G80-5000 should be like $50 since one sold for that cheap once.

They were still selling those(1800) for €7 last year.

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #3349 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 20:27:13 »
What about a ibm ssk 1397681, I an looking to get one for my collection, how much would be a good deal for a used one?

Edit: also a ibm mexico m13.

Thanks!