Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2395086 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #4550 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 23:44:35 »
Thinking of trading out a couple of my boards for some Topre goodness and I'm wondering what I can get for them.

The first is my Poker II with lubed and stickered 65g Ergo Clears, purple LEDs, and purple TEX aluminum case (I still have the stock key caps, case, and packaging/documentation). It has the Calm Depths set on it at the moment. The Clam Depths set includes Alphas, Mods, Numpad, Tsangan, ErgoDox and 2x Gamer Kits. I also have a color matched hard carrying case from keychatter.com for it. I'd imagine it would be best to part it out but it makes really a nice package.

Pics:
Board: http://imgur.com/a/jO3Am
Carrying Case: http://imgur.com/a/sVGnm

The second is my custom QFR with Blues. I'm not sure how much other people would want such a personalized board. The case is painted purple, the capslock, scrolllock, and winkey lock LEDs have been changed to purple, and it has a set of gray and purple DSA blanks on it (I also have the original keycaps and packaging/documentation).

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/ruJ0r

Also, what are used HHKB Type-S's going for these days?

Thanks in advance!
Type-S would be almost instant sell at atleast 250.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4551 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 04:19:03 »
NIB Logitech MX518? (In EU, if it matters.)

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4552 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:04:37 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69016.0

Gonna put a sale price on it, too. Then just buy a Realforce.

Prefer price with and without the Nostalgia keyset. Thanks.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #4553 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:06:29 »

probably 150 ish
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4554 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:08:56 »

probably 150 ish

I think he can probably get $200 for it.

I took the Pure down to the bare PCB. Installed the switches. I can't remember, but I think I clipped and lubed the stabs. Installed some 2x3x4 rectangle LEDs.

The alu case was added by BunnyLake. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #4555 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:17:47 »

probably 150 ish

I took the Pure down to the bare PCB. Installed the switches. I can't remember, but I think I clipped and lubed the stabs. Installed some 2x3x4 rectangle LEDs.

Oh mb then, which alu case is it? I didn't see that it had been customized either :P
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4556 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:19:55 »

probably 150 ish

Oh mb then, which alu case is it? I didn't see that it had been customized either :P

No worries. It's an original KBT Pure in a Pure Limited Alu Case (the low profile clear anodized alu).
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4557 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:48:52 »
So ask $150 with the nostalgia keyset?

JD and Bunny are Gods among us mere mortals.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4558 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:52:26 »

You can probably get $200 without keycaps. And Nostalgia would probably go for $100 or close to it by itself.

in memoriam

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4559 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:56:24 »

You can probably get $200 without keycaps. And Nostalgia would probably go for $100 or close to it by itself.

Hmm, well hopefully someone snaps it up then! :3

The Nostalgia set is only the 60% keys though as Bunny put them on for me and kept the rest. :)

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4560 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:50:34 »

When Tenso and Rakutan team up for a discount shipping promotion (you just missed one unfortunately), you can get a brand new Type-S shipped directly from Japan for about $250. If you're in the market for one right now, you can still import one through Tenso or another proxy. It will cost a bit more than that but still much less than what they're going for from EliteKeyboards.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #4561 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:59:36 »
Thinking of trading out a couple of my boards for some Topre goodness and I'm wondering what I can get for them.

The first is my Poker II with lubed and stickered 65g Ergo Clears, purple LEDs, and purple TEX aluminum case (I still have the stock key caps, case, and packaging/documentation). It has the Calm Depths set on it at the moment. The Clam Depths set includes Alphas, Mods, Numpad, Tsangan, ErgoDox and 2x Gamer Kits. I also have a color matched hard carrying case from keychatter.com for it. I'd imagine it would be best to part it out but it makes really a nice package.

Pics:
Board: http://imgur.com/a/jO3Am
Carrying Case: http://imgur.com/a/sVGnm

The second is my custom QFR with Blues. I'm not sure how much other people would want such a personalized board. The case is painted purple, the capslock, scrolllock, and winkey lock LEDs have been changed to purple, and it has a set of gray and purple DSA blanks on it (I also have the original keycaps and packaging/documentation).

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/ruJ0r

Thanks in advance!
Type-S would be almost instant sell at atleast 250.
That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks!

When Tenso and Rakutan team up for a discount shipping promotion (you just missed one unfortunately), you can get a brand new Type-S shipped directly from Japan for about $250. If you're in the market for one right now, you can still import one through Tenso or another proxy. It will cost a bit more than that but still much less than what they're going for from EliteKeyboards.

Interesting. I would definitely be interested in getting a Type-S for around that price point. I would just need to sell off my Poker II, but I'm not sure what it's worth.
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline eddof13

« Reply #4562 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:02:53 »
Thinking of selling my Geek Hack Space Saver (GHSS - Siig Minitouch) since I don't use it; example of one shown here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42602.msg859818#msg859818

How much should I ask for?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:04:52 by eddof13 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4563 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:03:36 »
Thinking of selling my Geek Hack Space Saver (GHSS - Siig Minitouch) since I don't use it; example of one shown here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42602.msg859818#msg859818

How much did you pay?  It has white Alps Clones (if I remember correctly) that aren't the best, but it is a nice board and layout.  I think they have gone in the $80-150 range in the past, but I wouldn't pay more than $70 since I know I'd have to swap the switches.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4564 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:28:00 »

How much did you pay?  It has white Alps Clones (if I remember correctly) that aren't the best, but it is a nice board and layout.  I think they have gone in the $80-150 range in the past, but I wouldn't pay more than $70 since I know I'd have to swap the switches.
Isn't there a minitouch on the classifieds right now with white alps going for 70?

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #4565 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:35:04 »
How much would the Enebrick be NIB? Actually, the bigger question for me would be: is there enough demand for this so I can sell it at a decent price if I had one?
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4566 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:35:26 »
It doesn't have the GH caps though.  Those commanded a premium in the sales I've seen.  I still wouldn't pay more than $70 with that, I'm just giving a range I've seen them sell in.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4567 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:45:43 »
It doesn't have the GH caps though.  Those commanded a premium in the sales I've seen.  I still wouldn't pay more than $70 with that, I'm just giving a range I've seen them sell in.
Yeah, true

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #4568 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 23:46:42 »
"IBM M2
Originally paired with a IBM PS1 computer. clean with slight dirt on some keys, no discoloration and works well."

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4569 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 08:16:08 »
"IBM M2
Originally paired with a IBM PS1 computer. clean with slight dirt on some keys, no discoloration and works well."

These do have a following, although most M users prefer the "classic" versions.

Clean and tested, $40 shipped or possibly more.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline eddof13

« Reply #4570 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 11:44:52 »

I want to say I paid like $99 + shipping I think

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #4571 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 12:22:03 »
I feel like I should sell off my HHKB Pro 2 so I can go buy a Type S. I'd be taking a bit of a loss, but I really don't need two, nor can I afford that.

Stock HHKB, had it for less than a week. White w/blank keycaps.

How much do you guys think I could get for it?
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4572 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 12:48:57 »
I feel like I should sell off my HHKB Pro 2 so I can go buy a Type S. I'd be taking a bit of a loss, but I really don't need two, nor can I afford that.

Stock HHKB, had it for less than a week. White w/blank keycaps.

How much do you guys think I could get for it?
230 easily

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #4573 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 12:53:26 »
230 easily

Just clarifying, do you mean $230 before or after shipping? Assuming you also mean USD.

After currency conversion and shipping costs at the moment a brand new one is about $350 here. I'm hoping I can get somewhere around $300-$320 AUD for it. Does that seem reasonable?

That's around ~250 USD.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4574 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 12:55:27 »
230 easily

Just clarifying, do you mean $230 before or after shipping? Assuming you also mean USD.

After currency conversion and shipping costs at the moment a brand new one is about $350 here. I'm hoping I can get somewhere around $300-$320 AUD for it. Does that seem reasonable?

That's around ~250 USD.
It is 235 USD new, so, I don't know how much you paid for it, but you shouldn't be taking off more than 15$

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #4575 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 12:59:32 »
$235 USD new ($300 AUD) + $65 USD shipping from EK just to get into the country. It was cheaper to get one from Japan. The $350 AUD ($273 USD) I paid for it was with free shipping.

So are you saying I could get more for it than I'm asking? I was thinking that under optimal situations I can get close to what I paid for it. I guess I can always try for $340 or so first, and see if someone wants it.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4576 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 13:16:23 »
$235 USD new ($300 AUD) + $65 USD shipping from EK just to get into the country. It was cheaper to get one from Japan. The $350 AUD ($273 USD) I paid for it was with free shipping.

So are you saying I could get more for it than I'm asking? I was thinking that under optimal situations I can get close to what I paid for it. I guess I can always try for $340 or so first, and see if someone wants it.
You can probably get close to what you paid for it.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #4577 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 13:23:18 »
Thanks for your help.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #4578 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 00:58:34 »
"IBM M2

These do have a following, although most M users prefer the "classic" versions.

Clean and tested, $40 shipped or possibly more.

thank you

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #4579 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 03:15:16 »
Looking to price out a Klaxon RoW modifiers set and a Cherry Replica White on Orange Set so i can get prices in my WTS.

If you're not sure what i'm talking about, Cherry Replica White on Orange looks like this

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #4580 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 13:07:23 »
How much for Calm Depths keycap set with the alphas, mods, numpad, Ergodox, and 2X gamer kits in near perfect condition?
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4581 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 13:08:42 »
How much for Calm Depths keycap set with the alphas, mods, numpad, Ergodox, and 2X gamer kits in near perfect condition?

You can find the group buy prices here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48214.0

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4582 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 13:11:16 »

You can find the group buy prices here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48214.0

And subtract a little since they're not mint.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #4583 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 13:25:13 »
Thanks, didn't think to look at the group buy (duh!). :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4584 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 13:39:37 »
Looking to price out a Klaxon RoW modifiers set and a Cherry Replica White on Orange Set so i can get prices in my WTS.

If you're not sure what i'm talking about, Cherry Replica White on Orange looks like this

Show Image

The group buy threads are here (Klaxon) and here (Cherry Replica).  Klaxon RoW modifiers sold for $27, Cherry Replica WoO sold for $32.  Subtract $5-10, depending on wear.

Offline radish

« Reply #4585 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:56:03 »
Anyone know what 45g mx clear Filco 108 key is worth?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:58:07 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4586 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 00:30:12 »

Do clears actually work with a 45g spring? I feel like you'd end up with either a sluggish or "custom" mx lock.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Moralless

« Reply #4587 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 00:32:40 »

Do clears actually work with a 45g spring? I feel like you'd end up with either a sluggish or "custom" mx lock.

If the 45g springs are the ones from cherry reds, browns etc. then it's similar to the 62g korean springs.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4588 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 00:35:35 »

If the 45g springs are the ones from cherry reds, browns etc. then it's similar to the 62g korean springs.

I was thinking 45g korean, where the weight is the force it takes to bottom out.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4589 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 05:48:49 »

...and 62g springs originally became popular mostly because they stuck less than stock light springs (60g Korean rating).

Lube helps though. Even with much lighter springs.

Offline radish

« Reply #4590 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 14:05:02 »

...and 62g springs originally became popular mostly because they stuck less than stock light springs (60g Korean rating).

Lube helps though. Even with much lighter springs.

the keyboard feels great. and doesnt lock up at all. yes the springs are your standard light springs from an mx brown switch.

never tried korean springs with it. but im still curious what it worth.

LZ CP

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4591 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 14:13:13 »
the keyboard feels great. and doesnt lock up at all. yes the springs are your standard light springs from an mx brown switch.

If you bought it modded then whatever you bought it for minus a bit due to wear. If you did the mod yourself then it's what you bought it for minus some due to wear and then add like 10-15 for the work you did.

Offline radish

« Reply #4592 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 14:25:14 »

If you bought it modded then whatever you bought it for minus a bit due to wear. If you did the mod yourself then it's what you bought it for minus some due to wear and then add like 10-15 for the work you did.

thats my problem. i got the keyboard from a co-worker for 20 bucks. and i had the switches sitting around, brand new never used.

so the keyboard is pretty much new with barely used brown switches. and the clears where brand new outta the box. all soldering was a project that took me about 6 hours. so based on what you said the board new minus say 20% 150Cad new with no tax.so 120, + 50 for the switches. if i take some for my efforts 200? ish? would that sound about right?

LZ CP

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4593 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 08:08:27 »

thats my problem. i got the keyboard from a co-worker for 20 bucks. and i had the switches sitting around, brand new never used.

so the keyboard is pretty much new with barely used brown switches. and the clears where brand new outta the box. all soldering was a project that took me about 6 hours. so based on what you said the board new minus say 20% 150Cad new with no tax.so 120, + 50 for the switches. if i take some for my efforts 200? ish? would that sound about right?

A used Filco in JIS 108 layout, with unlubed ergo Clears? I think you'd be hard pressed to get $100 for it.

in memoriam

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4594 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 09:09:02 »

A used Filco in JIS 108 layout, with unlubed ergo Clears? I think you'd be hard pressed to get $100 for it.

I would be concerned about an unlubed ergo clear board that used light cherry springs. Could feel like the slider was getting stuck on the return stroke.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4595 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 09:27:40 »

I would be concerned about an unlubed ergo clear board that used light cherry springs. Could feel like the slider was getting stuck on the return stroke.

I think it happened indeed to someone who put gateron clear spring (35g) with an mx clear stem.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4596 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 09:31:09 »

I think it happened indeed to someone who put gateron clear spring (35g) with an mx clear stem.

Not sure what they expected... I know it happens to cherry light springs which are around 45g. 35g must be awful.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4597 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 10:46:16 »

Not sure what they expected... I know it happens to cherry light springs which are around 45g. 35g must be awful.

What's the lightest spring you can pair with a clear stem?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4598 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 10:53:38 »
What's the lightest spring you can pair with a clear stem?

I believe the rule of thumb is 62g (Korean) or higher, but I'm sure someone has used lighter springs and enjoys them.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4599 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 10:55:15 »
I'm sure there is discussion on the topic somewhere, but in any case, it's not really relevant to the Price Check thread. :)

in memoriam