Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370978 times)

Offline bigern302

Need that Purr-ple for KAT Cyberspace!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
No ISO layout?  :D

I would never forget about our ISO bros:

Offline Ztox

Received some good feedback regarding the Unit-01, and I think purple top - black bottom - green badge will make a better sense, since it will be more compatible with other sets, such as Laser, 2600, and more.

Show Image

Show Image

Yea this is the one! So, so nice.  :D

Offline Hangos

No ISO layout?  :D

Show Image

What a god, please take my money  :p

Offline Nles

Received some good feedback regarding the Unit-01, and I think purple top - black bottom - green badge will make a better sense, since it will be more compatible with other sets, such as Laser, 2600, and more.

For the regular colorways, will do some simple math, perhaps combine some "duplicated colorways" (e.g., black-pink and pink-black) into one. Will share the results sometime next week.

Here are some renders for the updated Unit-01 colorway:

Show Image

Show Image

Waiting for the July to come :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

Show Image

This purple top + black bottom should be a shoo-in!

Offline KMPLSV

Show Image

Show Image

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! So it's confirmed as a color option?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline lz2019

@oldcat or Shutter_Shock

appreciate if you could help out with my color confusions, especially after the CyberVoyager blue render vs. sample discussion,

1. Is the Think6.5 v2.0 Blue going to be same as Think6.5 v1.0 blue?
    or Space65 CyberVoyager earlier darker blue or newer grayish blue?
    The 3 all look different. If it's going to be different from any of the 3, can you find a real sample before GB?

2. Is the Think6.5 v2.0 Red going to be same as Space65 CyberVoyager Red?
    If not, can you find a real sample before GB?

Somehow the renders in the recent color poll all feel a bit grayish to my eye, can't imagine as very real.
It'll be really great if there can be real samples of the colors and confirmed before GB, that makes it simple and easy going.
Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2020, 01:26:00 by lz2019 »

Offline Ztox

Show Image

Show Image

As is me buying one, if that's the case  :thumb:

Offline Oddstag

Show Image

Show Image

Yup, this is it. We're set here. I'll take one with a corner badge.

Offline AvoidingYou

Mr. Oldcat, I beseech thee. Please make a polycarb version and I will throw all my money at you

Offline FlitzDeelman

What is the caps set on the purple / black colorway rendering? I saw a few other sets being mentioned that should fit.

Anything that is going into GB now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ztox

What is the caps set on the purple / black colorway rendering? I saw a few other sets being mentioned that should fit.

GMK Unit-01 :)

Offline FlitzDeelman

I saw that earlier, and foolishly assumed it’s all sold out. I checked the IC again, looks like it’s not yet in GB. Awesome, thanks!

On the other hand, this may be a bit too loud for me, maybe I’ll just tone down the purple with WoB caps. Or go for gray board with Red Samurai caps.

...decisions!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Old cat,
Any chance of getting a render for Sumi and deep navy with whatever suitable board color you want?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Mr. Oldcat, I beseech thee. Please make a polycarb version and I will throw all my money at you

Hey bro, polycarb prototype pics were shared earlier, you probably missed it :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Old cat,
Any chance of getting a render for Sumi and deep navy with whatever suitable board color you want?

Hey bro, for Sumi - since I do not have the correct keycap sublegends model - would the colorway without Japanese sublegends be ok?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Yep, GMK Unit-01, with the caveat that this is improperly done due to lack of Japanese sub-legends (I don't have those keycap models).

Offline FlitzDeelman

Great, thanks Oldcat!

Offline scatman

• 65% addict
A render with GMK Modern Dolch 2 would be awesome  :D

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Old cat,

Hey bro, for Sumi - since I do not have the correct keycap sublegends model - would the colorway without Japanese sublegends be ok?

Yes that would be fine. Please choose what color scheme for the board would go the best. I have decision to make . Haha and thanks!

Offline th1lo

:eek:

I'm in! Gray-Blue would fit quite well with the GMK Dolche Mist

Offline Slayer77

Hello, all I want to say is toxic. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline chowder266

Old cat,

Could you do one with bushido as well  :)

Offline myflowsocold

Definitely in for the V2 regardless, but just wanted to see if this PCB would be compatible with the V1? I have a hotswap V1 and one of the keys died :/

Anyone know where I can pick up a V1 pcb (either solderable or hotswap) if V2 will not be compatible?
Nunu | Lyn Whale R2 | Bauer | Satisfaction75 | WKL Polaris | TGR x Singa Unikorn

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr

Show Image

It isn't shown in the image, so is a 6u spacebar configuration supported? From that layout it looks like 1.5–1–1.5–6–1.25–1.25 would be possible if there was a switch hole for the 6u position (either centered stem or off-centered stem).

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Definitely in for the V2 regardless, but just wanted to see if this PCB would be compatible with the V1? I have a hotswap V1 and one of the keys died :/

Anyone know where I can pick up a V1 pcb (either solderable or hotswap) if V2 will not be compatible?

Hey bro! I will run an IC for V1 PCB in discord or here and go from there (and maybe also other Graystudio board PCBs). This new PCB will unfortunately not be compatible with the V1 version.

Offline toxic_munkii

PC Think V2 with 2U Badge is giving me some wonderful feelings  :p

Offline Kalabalik

So not even the simple all black and all white colorways are guaranteed? It's all up to the almighty poll? sweats nervously

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
So not even the simple all black and all white colorways are guaranteed? It's all up to the almighty poll? sweats nervously

All white and all black will for sure be offered

The poll results public spreadsheet was released in discord. I will collate the results and combine some colorways next few days and share

Offline Ptaty

White top, pink bottom gang <3

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

This batch of pink prototype:

245647-0

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Now old cat, stop it. You are confusing me at this point.

Offline BloodyMarvel

Pink top, red bottom, to match with GMK Darling.

Offline Ptaty

(Attachment Link)

That pink looks great!!

Offline manaorme

(Attachment Link)

Light strips which is placed above/under the 2u badge are both blocked?
Is it possible to led glow in both light strips?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)

Light strips which is placed above/under the 2u badge are both blocked?
Is it possible to led glow in both light strips?

When that prototype was made, we were thinking about using the same approach as V1 (some micro laser holes for the light strip). But I am getting a new batch of prototypes made with the top strip cut out with a silicon diffuser under it (bottom strip will not). Those will be e-white and waiting to be picked up now. Should come out next few days and ready to be shipped to me and streamers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2020, 23:20:35 by oldcat »

Hey bro! I will run an IC for V1 PCB in discord or here and go from there (and maybe also other Graystudio board PCBs). This new PCB will unfortunately not be compatible with the V1 version.

Omg yes please run an IC for the hotswap pcbs  :D love my soldered v1 but want that flexibility

Offline Katsurio

+1 for EVA w/purple top + green bottom

Offline Ptaty

Any chance that the case colours will be finalised soonish? There are so many keycaps that look good on specific case colours out now or coming up so I would like to buy one or two with my keeb colour in mind.

Offline endjy

This is one of the best IC posts ever, everyone should learn from this IC about how to hear from community.

Offline Shutter_Shock

This is one of the best IC posts ever, everyone should learn from this IC about how to hear from community.

+1

Offline FlitzDeelman

+1
+1

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Any chance that the case colours will be finalised soonish? There are so many keycaps that look good on specific case colours out now or coming up so I would like to buy one or two with my keeb colour in mind.

Yes! The poll is pretty much done and I was just waiting to call Potter about the color offerings.

This will be finalized very soon. Also I will be sharing more details of the gasket designs in detailed views in various angles

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Here are some details of the gaskets and the plate (only 1u shown here):

Offline Slayer77

Here are some details of the gaskets and the plate (only 1u shown here):

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks good!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

+1

+1
+1

Thanks folks! This has progressed really well.

Offline productkun

The PC version looks sweet!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
White or black gaskets?

Offline mchanneh

• trying to reset terrible typing habits!
With that plate - definitely white for me!
Kailh Box Royals | Cherry Reds | Knockoff Blues