Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370560 times)

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Can we get a seperate renders of the deskmat. Those look amazing.

For sure! Not sure which one you are talking about (I rendered quite a few), so here you go for all of them. A few are outside of this GB (one by Alex and one by May)

Show Image

By Alexotos, outside of this GB, but check it out when it is restocked it is amazing!

Show Image

By May, outside of this GB.

Show Image

By inertG, this is for the Dracula - GB is separate and will be run by inertG

Show Image

By xingchen_fan, this will likely be included in the GB

Show Image

One more colorway by xingchen_fan, this will likely be included in the GB - will likely pick one background color later.

Show Image

By 66Fannie99, this will be included in the GB.

Lastly, a fun one for you guys as you wait for the Think6.5V2! Yes, it is coming :)

Show Image

Maaaaan this is makingme hesitate and consider a 65%...

Offline thatguy11m

Never really liked the Think 6.5 layout because I use all the keys on the right most row often for delete, discord mute/deafen, volume up/down. What if, you made the Alt and Fn keys on the right side of the spacebars 1u keys, and you'd have a wider block for the emblem. Right now with the top right position, it seems too similar to the Kyuu

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: Extra PCB
« Reply #652 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:00:24 »
Hello!

I'm interested in getting this kit, however I have never soldered a board and was wondering if purchasing an extra PCB is an option? Worried in case I somehow damage the first board by accident during assembly.

Thanks

Yes, extra PCBs and plates will be options during GB.

Offline Scucka

Can we get a seperate renders of the deskmat. Those look amazing.

For sure! Not sure which one you are talking about (I rendered quite a few), so here you go for all of them. A few are outside of this GB (one by Alex and one by May)

Show Image

By Alexotos, outside of this GB, but check it out when it is restocked it is amazing!

Show Image

By May, outside of this GB.

Show Image

By inertG, this is for the Dracula - GB is separate and will be run by inertG

Show Image

By xingchen_fan, this will likely be included in the GB

Show Image

One more colorway by xingchen_fan, this will likely be included in the GB - will likely pick one background color later.

Show Image

By 66Fannie99, this will be included in the GB.

Lastly, a fun one for you guys as you wait for the Think6.5V2! Yes, it is coming :)

Show Image

Give me 2

Offline houkiaa

Is this going to be a limited run? If so do you know how many units are going to be available for each colorway? Thanks

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
It's going to be a group buy in which, let's say 59 people chose the colour black (during the timeperiod in which the GB runs), at least 59 black units are going to be made (and maybe even some more for extras)

So as long as you enter the group buy during the time it runs, you will get the colour you desire with no problems :thumb:
Is this going to be a limited run? If so do you know how many units are going to be available for each colorway? Thanks

Offline bobdenard

The Laser Think 6.5 renders on IG look so amazing! I hope at least one of the two colors will be made available. Laser is really popular so it should be a no brainer.

Offline perry4761

These deskmats are beautiful!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Will be giving away 69 pcs of transparent panda switches for the Gray Studio June giveaway on IG if anyone is interested.

They should be enough to cover your 65% board. Only one batch of these switches ever made.

Giveaway rules per usual. And every month either AirPotter or I will run a fun giveaway.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2020, 17:50:55 by oldcat »

Offline riku.

Will be giving away 69 pcs of transparent panda switches for the Gray Studio June giveaway on IG if anyone is interested.

They should be enough to cover your 65% board. Only one batch of these switches ever made.

Giveaway rules per usual. And every month either AirPotter or I will run a fun giveaway.

can you only enter the giveaway if you have IG? dont have any social media..  :(

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

can you only enter the giveaway if you have IG? dont have any social media..  :(

Unfortunately, it is probably the easiest way for me to run an RNG-type giveaway and we've done it many times there.

Offline stealthzero

God I wish I could afford this...it looks so good in aluminum and top right corner logo.

Offline farmisen

Hello!

I'm interested in getting this kit, however I have never soldered a board and was wondering if purchasing an extra PCB is an option? Worried in case I somehow damage the first board by accident during assembly.

Thanks
Check out the following kit from cannon keys. For $35 you can get all the practice you need without worrying destroying a more costly pcb. It comes w/ an extra pcb just in case and at the end you get to have an extra 60% keyboard.

https://cannonkeys.com/collections/frontpage/products/practice60-keyboard-kit

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline kanki0213

Are the bottom plates compatible with each other regardless of the 1U top plate or 2U ?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
The first three mats are superb and will all have to also be purchased.  Excellent.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
The first three mats are superb and will all have to also be purchased.  Excellent.

They are amazing, but unaffiliated with this GB and have to be purchased separately. Check them out!

Authors are kind enough to let me use their mats to render the boards.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
OHH right.  Do you have a link?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
OHH right.  Do you have a link?

they were sold on TKC, but their GBs ended already. there should be extras soon as I believe they are shipping relatively soon.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline Krzew

would be nice to have eu vendor so i wouldn't have to pay all these taxes and fees, but definitely in anyway!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Are the bottom plates compatible with each other regardless of the 1U top plate or 2U ?

Yes bottom cases are the same. PCB/Plate/Top case are different for 1U vs. 2U.

Offline StateSheriff

There's no EU vendor? That's a shame, adds quite a significant amount to the final price if it's coming from outside.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
There's no EU vendor? That's a shame, adds quite a significant amount to the final price if it's coming from outside.

would be nice to have eu vendor so i wouldn't have to pay all these taxes and fees, but definitely in anyway!

I have considered vendors. Actually having a location-specific vendor will increase the sale price quite a bit as there is one more layer of transaction. There are also accountability and customer service issues if additional vendors are involved. It might work well for standard items like keycap sets, but I am not sure about high-end keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:55:07 by oldcat »

Offline deanra

I have considered vendors. Actually having a location-specific vendor will increase the sale price quite a bit as there is one more layer of transaction. There are also accountability and customer service issues if additional vendors are involved. It might work well for standard items like keycap sets, but I am not sure about high-end keyboards.

definitely +1 for an EU vendor :(

Offline StateSheriff

I won't tell you what I think is best since I don't have the knowledge required but it would be good if you looked into the best option. Consider that as an example, I'm already paying 20% + 2.5% import duty on the sale price including shipping when it comes from outside the EU, and I think it's similar for most Europeans here from Germany, France etc.

But even after considering that if you say adding an EU-vendor adds to the sale price significantly and causes too much extra complexity in the process then the decision makes sense!
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 20:06:47 by StateSheriff »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

I don't have experience with setting up a GB or anything similar so I could be wrong, but when I look at some of the most popular high-end keyboard GBs most do opt for an EU vendor and I'm guessing there's a reason for it, in spite of higher sale price?

I won't tell you what to do since I don't have the knowledge required but it would be good if you looked into the best option. Consider that as an example, I'm already paying 20% + 2.5% import duty on the sale price including shipping when it comes from outside the EU, and I think it's similar for most Europeans here from Germany, France etc.

Hmm, I guess this is assuming when the vendors import goods from outside the country, they do not pay import tax or pay a substantially lower amount of tax for goods than the individual buyers would otherwise pay, so the surplus gained from the tax savings minus the cost of setting up and transacting with a vendor can be transferred to the buyers? Otherwise, the cost calculation actually comes down to shipping cost difference minus the fees charged by the vendor.

I would of course want to make the final price as low as possible for the buyers. Like the OG Think GB, I am not charging money for the designs. If the number works out and customer service responsibilities can be figured out, then I don't see why not.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 20:13:59 by oldcat »

Offline StateSheriff

Hmm, I guess this is assuming when the vendors import goods from outside the country, they do not pay import tax or pay a substantially lower amount of tax for goods than the individual buyers would otherwise pay, so the surplus gained from the tax savings minus the cost of setting up and transacting with a vendor can be transferred to the buyers? Otherwise, the cost calculation actually comes down to shipping cost difference minus the fees charged by the vendor.

I would of course want to make the final price as low as possible for the buyers. Like the OG Think GB, I am not charging money for the designs. If the number works out and customer service responsibilities can be figured out, then I don't see why not.
I would have thought it works a similar way, perhaps it'd be useful to clear up with an EU vendor how it would affect final sale prices.

Obviously you are attempting to provide us the opportunity to purchase a high quality product for the lowest price possible which is appreciated. It sucks to get hit with charges when purchasing outside of the EU which is why I think a lot are grateful for vendors, so you looking into it to see if it's a possibility and benefit (or not) would be awesome :)

Offline deanra

Maybe you can call the "European version"  Think6.5 v2.0 Warranty Replacement product.  :D

logically warranty replacements aren't a new purchase and wouldn't attract the >20% import taxes we're hit with here in EU :/

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Maybe you can call the "European version"  Think6.5 v2.0 Warranty Replacement product.  :D

logically warranty replacements aren't a new purchase and wouldn't attract the >20% import taxes we're hit with here in EU :/

Ohhhhhhhh scandalous!!!! O_o

Offline deanra

I wonder if the importer could pay import taxes on the 'cost' of the product.. whereas an individual would pay import taxes on the retail price of the product?

Additionally, anything I pay in USD also attracts a phat fee from my bank + a ****ty exchange rate..
I guess someone like Candykeys or Mykeyboard would do a single "big" transfer through a service like xe.com for a negotiated exchange rate and non-existent fees..

Anyway, I don't think that StateSheriff or myself are trying to scrounge to save a few nickels... but if
* there are significant savings to be made
* it doesn't generate a lot of extra effort for you
* you have enough EU interest to justify the use of an EU proxy

I'm pretty sure it would be beneficial for us..especially for those that are hoping to pick up multiple KBs in the GB..

On a personal note, I'd prefer that my money ended up with "you"(those making think6.5v2 happen) or at least with the aforementioned EU proxies that are contributing to the community here.. rather than giving it away as import taxes..

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I wonder if the importer could pay import taxes on the 'cost' of the product.. whereas an individual would pay import taxes on the retail price of the product?

Additionally, anything I pay in USD also attracts a phat fee from my bank + a ****ty exchange rate..
I guess someone like Candykeys or Mykeyboard would do a single "big" transfer through a service like xe.com for a negotiated exchange rate and non-existent fees..

Anyway, I don't think that StateSheriff or myself are trying to scrounge to save a few nickels... but if
* there are significant savings to be made
* it doesn't generate a lot of extra effort for you
* you have enough EU interest to justify the use of an EU proxy

I'm pretty sure it would be beneficial for us..especially for those that are hoping to pick up multiple KBs in the GB..

On a personal note, I'd prefer that my money ended up with "you"(those making think6.5v2 happen) or at least with the aforementioned EU proxies that are contributing to the community here.. rather than giving it away as import taxes..

Good points, I will check with a vendor I know again and see what the fees/costs will be, though I am pretty sure the importer's tax will be based on how much the units are sold to him/her but I can be wrong.

If it makes financial sense for the buyers with the roughly identical amount received by Potter (as the GB runner), I'd be happy to talk to him to do it through that route. This will likely mean the sale price will be $400+ for EU, my guess.

For US buyers I think it always makes sense to buy directly from a maker, because it is very unlikely you get hit with any importer tax (which I have never been).

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2020, 00:03:14 by oldcat »

Offline Slayer77

You EU guys are complaining about 20% which is cute. In India we have to pay 42% on value of board+shipping. Makes it hard to consider buying boards where seller won't undervalue on package.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline StateSheriff

You EU guys are complaining about 20% which is cute. In India we have to pay 42% on value of board+shipping. Makes it hard to consider buying boards where seller won't undervalue on package.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Just to reiterate, I haven't brought this up to complain or penny pinch. I was prepared to go ahead with the GB knowing the charges would come on top, but I mentioned the vendors because I saw several others asking the same thing.

Offline Raku

Is there any information on when the Group Buy will start?

Offline ufomer

Is there any information on when the Group Buy will start?
Main post said July/August

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Felix1

In sweden the taxes are calculated based on the total price which mean that if I'd buy the think, an extra pcb and plate, this would maybe be slightly over $450. After adding shipping which would probably be at least $50 the price in us would be 500 adding taxes on this (which in sweden is 25% and in all eu countries have to be a minimum of 15%) pushes the price to $625. So if an eu vendor would be possible I would appreciate it and I'm sure many others would too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2020, 08:03:34 by Felix1 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Offline perry4761

69 clear pandas giveaway is live: https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0qN8ZHn5g/?igshid=vrkk9clc1kwa

I'd love to participate, but after reading the rules I realized it's going to be quite hard since I'm the only degenerate among my friends who's into mechanical keyboards

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
Ah bummer. Not a fan of these instagram giveaways with the 'follow/tag/repost' rules.

Good luck to everyone who entered though, can't wait for this GB to go live!

Offline Kalabalik

Sorry if this has already been answered (or is obvious), but exactly how customizable will the board be in the end? Will I be able to order any configuration of top case color, bottom case color, badge placement, badge color, badge paint fill, etc?

Offline jubei

Sorry if this has already been answered (or is obvious), but exactly how customizable will the board be in the end? Will I be able to order any configuration of top case color, bottom case color, badge placement, badge color, badge paint fill, etc?

+1 on customization

Badge renders in OP seems too busy for me. A minimal or cleaner brand logo would be nice to have as an option, like the design at the bottom of the case possibly. Meanwhile, nice looking board definitely.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
+1 for the EU proxies.
I rather have my money go to OP for the designs rather than the tax office.
Plus I have to unbox at the customs office and show them whats inside :(

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

The base kit will come in pre-set colorways. Format will be similar to the Space65 CyberVoyager GB.
Will have one optional badge in different colors to choose from. Badge is a LED badge (diffused from under below a diffuser), not an infill type badge, so you can set the color to anything you want.

Offline Pxlp

I cant wait for GB for this keyboard ughhhhhhhh I hope I dont miss it

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
PCB prototype has arrived, will post some image soon!

And on a side note, what PCB color do you guys would like to be in the production version?

Offline Kalabalik

what PCB color do you guys would like to be in the production version?

Black
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2020, 21:40:53 by Kalabalik »

Offline Zeelobby

Yellow is always one of my favorite. Especially if somewhat transparent.

Offline isaiasr212

Start the GB already lol

Offline Shutter_Shock

Personally I’d prefer matte black. If colored, navy blue or dark purple if that’s an option. Bright colors do look cool by themselves under a PC case but also may significantly restrict the variety of keycap sets that will go well with the board.

Offline musicgecko

Dark grey for pcb mask would look clean.

Offline StateSheriff

Definitely black.