Author Topic: ducky shine 3 issues  (Read 1453 times)

Offline syncopied

ducky shine 3 issues
« on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:51:50 »
hi everyone, hopefully a kind member here can help me with kb issues:

I came into possession of a ducky shine 3 (full size) that has several keys that repeat itself (specifically q e u o p [ and the left ctrl key - maybe more I haven't discovered) as soon as the kb is plugged in. the rest of the keys still register in between these automatically registering keys
I tried resetting the KB using the left and right windows keys. after that the keys stop repeating themselves, but when I try to press on any of the above keys they do not register
I also tried updating the firmware using ducky's tool, and after updating the repeating keys automatically start registering again
I tried disassembling the KB but nothing is obviously broken. all of the LED lights work, including those on the keys that keep on repeating themselves
I have tried using a different USB cable and different port on my computer, which doesn't change any of the above. i have another ducky shine 3 that has none of these issues on the same computer

anyone have ideas?

thanks!!

Offline seville57

Re: ducky shine 3 issues
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 01:33:28 »
hi everyone, hopefully a kind member here can help me with kb issues:

I came into possession of a ducky shine 3 (full size) that has several keys that repeat itself (specifically q e u o p [ and the left ctrl key - maybe more I haven't discovered) as soon as the kb is plugged in. the rest of the keys still register in between these automatically registering keys
I tried resetting the KB using the left and right windows keys. after that the keys stop repeating themselves, but when I try to press on any of the above keys they do not register
I also tried updating the firmware using ducky's tool, and after updating the repeating keys automatically start registering again
I tried disassembling the KB but nothing is obviously broken. all of the LED lights work, including those on the keys that keep on repeating themselves
I have tried using a different USB cable and different port on my computer, which doesn't change any of the above. i have another ducky shine 3 that has none of these issues on the same computer

anyone have ideas?

thanks!!

If I got it right you mean that it can look like this: sssss, gggggg?

Have you tried press FN + F1 and FN + F5?

Offline syncopied

Re: ducky shine 3 issues
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 22:57:07 »
it looks more like

qetuo[qetuo[

and that's without me pressing anything

fn f1 and fn f5 didn't change a thing, it just kept on repeating