Author Topic: Hei! From Norway  (Read 2846 times)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Hei! From Norway
« on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:02:02 »
I have been here some time now and i instantely fell in love with Geekhack and mechanical keyboards. I officially joined the mechanical keyboard club about a year ago, but i do not consider myself "actually" joined before February-March 2015. The Razer Blackwidow i the year was just a keyboard i bought because of branding and did not even think about if it was mechanical.

Well, from February/March - now, i have desoldered my blackwidow to get the Cherry MX blues, bought a CM storm Quickfire TK MX Greens, bought a TT eSports Meka G1 with MX Blacks, got a Pok3r ISO MX clears marketing sample(for doing some work for Vortex), accquired some keycap sets(Green Tea, Banggood PBT, Max transculent), joined the Gateron Groupbuy, bought some Cherry MX clears, sold my Quickfire TK green with some keycaps, bought a CM Storm Rapid-I with blues, ordered the Granite set used from /r/mechmarket AND ordered 20 brushed steel ISO 60% cut mountplates from China.

Thats me :) Feel free to ask my anything, i think my hobby developed quite fast. :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Re: Hei! From Norway
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:15:29 »
Hello and welcome to our community! Make yourself comfortable! :))

Well, from February/March - now, i have desoldered my blackwidow to get the Cherry MX blues, bought a CM storm Quickfire TK MX Greens, bought a TT eSports Meka G1 with MX Blacks, got a Pok3r ISO MX clears marketing sample(for doing some work for Vortex), accquired some keycap sets(Green Tea, Banggood PBT, Max transculent), joined the Gateron Groupbuy, bought some Cherry MX clears, sold my Quickfire TK green with some keycaps, bought a CM Storm Rapid-I with blues, ordered the Granite set used from /r/mechmarket AND ordered 20 brushed steel ISO 60% cut mountplates from China.
You dove in quite well, hope you enjoy it. :cool:

Question regarding the Pok3r: Rhinofeed's Pok3r did have holes for LEDs and resistors in the PCB - does your review sample have these as well? Also, would dare to solder an LED in there and see if it works? Rhino did check with Vortex and they again said, the initial version will not be able to have LEDs, so the keyboard you got is a different version from what will be sold? Quite confusing!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:24:27 »
Show Image

Question regarding the Pok3r: Rhinofeed's Pok3r did have holes for LEDs and resistors in the PCB - does your review sample have these as well? Also, would dare to solder an LED in there and see if it works? Rhino did check with Vortex and they again said, the initial version will not be able to have LEDs, so the keyboard you got is a different version from what will be sold? Quite confusing!

I dont know if i want to solder in any leds(maybe later), but i will check if i have any holes for leds :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:41:03 »
Show Image

I dont know if i want to solder in any leds(maybe later), but i will check if i have any holes for leds :)

Ok, i checked.

I have holes for leds(even one offset on the side of the capslock.) The holes do not work. I tried to put multiple leds in to check and followed the config for the led model of the Pok3r. Sorry :-/
I may have missed something, but i think the led lovers have to wait.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:42:17 »
I have holes for leds(even one offset on the side of the capslock.) The holes do not work. I tried to put multiple leds in to check and followed the config for the led model of the Pok3r. Sorry :-/
I may have missed something, but i think the led lovers have to wait.
Thanks for investigating! :-*

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:59:39 »

Thanks for investigating! :-*
[/quote]

No problem :)

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 14:04:55 »
AND ordered 20 brushed steel ISO 60% cut mountplates from China.

Ooooh! That's interesting! :D Pictures?

Welcome, btw :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 14:08:32 »

:)

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 14:56:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! :D Soo… you gonna use all of them? I might be interested if you are selling :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 14:59:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! :D Soo… you gonna use all of them? I might be interested if you are selling :)
I probably not going to use all of them. Keep in mind that they are ISO only. Can sell one to you if you still want :) PM me

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:09:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I probably not going to use all of them. Keep in mind that they are ISO only. Can sell one to you if you still want :) PM me
ISO is what makes them interesting. I'm from Sweden, you know :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:11:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ISO is what makes them interesting. I'm from Sweden, you know :)
PM me :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 01:20:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

After a tentative start, you definitely seem to have caught the mechanical keyboard bug ;)

And that's a lot of plates :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 03:05:05 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

After a tentative start, you definitely seem to have caught the mechanical keyboard bug ;)

And that's a lot of plates :eek:

Offline hidden_hide

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 09:49:34 »
            ∧  ∧
            |1/ |1/
          / ̄ ̄ ̄`ヽ、
         /        ヽ
        /  ⌒  ⌒    | Hello,
        |  へ  へ   | If you get a chance to come to see me in Japan,   
        /          | I'll give HHKB to you .
       /           |