Author Topic: Greeting from Phoenix  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Cyypher

Greeting from Phoenix
« on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:45:39 »
Greetings from the land of HOTNESS! It's 110 degrees today here in Phoenix.

I have been a long time collector of keyboards and mice. My collection of mice far exceeds my collection of keyboards but that's for another time. My Current collection of keyboards.

1 X Realforce 87u
1 X Filco Majestouch Ninja's (104 key)
1 X Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL
1 X Corsair K65 TKL
2 X MagicForce 68 Mini

All of my keyboards have the standard keycaps. I just started buying keycaps sets this last week from PMK and MK. I can see the addiction beginning to take a hold of my wallet.

I also bought my first kit keyboard last week from massdrop. Red Scarf II+ Ver.b Custom Mechanical Keyboard Kit

So I figured it was time to get involved here.

Offline neverused

Re: Greeting from Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:04:00 »
Welcome, I'm pretty sure that there at least a few of us from Phoenix too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greeting from Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 06:05:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Just wait until you find out about GMK and JTK (both manufacturers of excellent thick ABS keycap sets).

There's a thread for posting mouse pictures, but it's been abandoned for a while.

Surprise everyone by posting in it ;)

Also this thread is a good read if you are worried about your wallet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ