Author Topic: Greetings from my basement  (Read 1623 times)

Offline carnavas

Greetings from my basement
« on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 07:41:31 »
Hello, I'm a pretty recent mech convert. Bought a blue switch Ttesport Poseidon ZX in february and wasn't too happy with how it felt (too light for me, love the sound though) so I got rid of it and got a 1992 IBM Model M in April and have enjoyed every second typing on it since! Been looking into buying more mk's (currently looking into getting an mx clear or tactile grey 60% kb for traveling, make my fingers grow triceps) and meet more people that share the same hobby

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
Re: Greetings from my basement
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:55:12 »
I'm jelly of all basements! I've heard that they exist in Florida, but finding one is like trying to find a Unicorn (like tactile gray switches) :))

Welcome aboard. Have you found any keyboards that ship with tactile grays? Or do you have a project lined up that will include tactile gray Cherry MX switches?
Chris Schammert

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 22:15:09 »
I'm jelly of all basements! I've heard that they exist in Florida, but finding one is like trying to find a Unicorn (like tactile gray switches) :))

Welcome aboard. Have you found any keyboards that ship with tactile grays? Or do you have a project lined up that will include tactile gray Cherry MX switches?
I second the jealousy of basements. Ive always been jealous of the extra space. florida is so ****ty. Down where I am in englewood, the water table is much too high to have a basement. Dig 2 feet down and you hit water. unless you love flooding, or have some kickass sealant no basement would survive down here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 05:55:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Basements sound weird to me.  I've never seen a house with a basement.  Basement car park, perhaps, especially in some of the newer units where they try to cram 4 or 6 houses on a single block and dig a big hole underneath to park in.  I've also seen one of those completely flooded during a moderate rainfall :eek:

MX clears are great, I haven't tried grays yet.  Do you do pushups on your fingertips?  Great for building finger strength!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ