Author Topic: Hi, I'm Jau and I have a problem.  (Read 1471 times)

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
Hi, I'm Jau and I have a problem.
« on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:31:04 »
Yeah, so I started browsing /r/mechanicalkeyboards in June after using a K70 for 3 years. Since then, I have spent too much on keyboards, (Artisans [Damn you Jelly Keys], a Pok3r, PBT keycaps, custom cable) and especially with the Canadian dollar being crap and shipping, I wish I didn't love these boards. Regardless, I'm currently waiting on Zeal's GB for his switches, pcb, stabs and silencers for a first build, about to purchase springs and lube from sprit.  My wallet is becoming emptier as I enter my final semester for university, with my student loan in the near future. I consider this hobby a bit weird, but hell I don't spend much money so why not on something I can use everyday (Expecting to get an office job so a keyboard is a tool I'll be interacting with, I also play too many video games).

Anywho, hi geekhack. I am here for the groupbuy's on keycaps, just waiting for a nice colourway on a set I like. Spending money like it ain't a thing =(
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:33:19 by rawrjau »

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
Re: Hi, I'm Jau and I have a problem.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 16:30:20 »
Tell me about it. I'm just after buying a royal glam case and looking to throw money at some sky dolchs.

it aint easy being keyboardy

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 16:55:05 »
Howdy. 1upkeyboards.com will sometimes keep them Zeal switches in stock if you find yourself a bit restless for them purple switches ;)
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 06:04:12 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's a path most of us have trodden, before we fell down the rabbit hole.  And it is a very deep hole indeed.

This thread might help put some perspective on it.

Basically just enjoy yourself with what you can afford, don't over-extend yourself, and have fun :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ