Author Topic: Newb with GH60 pcb just arrived  (Read 2146 times)

Offline raugustinus

Newb with GH60 pcb just arrived
« on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 17:01:38 »
Hi all,

So after getting stung by the mechanical keyboards a year or two ago I finally arrived here. Seeing the 60% keyboards was enough, I needed one. So I have ordered my GH60 from falbatech which arrived today. It came with some caramel sweets (how awesome) and the faceplate I ordered. I have also ordered some cherry mx red switches from the UK which I hope will arrive soon so I can start soldering.

Not sure which case it will be yet, but I've got some time to figure that out.

Hope to learn a few things here and maybe spread the 60% virus.

Offline raugustinus

Re: Newb with GH60 pcb just arrived
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 17:07:43 »
Ofcourse I forgot to add a picture of the gh60 pcb that arrived today.

150151-0

Offline pinkizhip

• No, you're a towel.
    • Prime Caps
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 11:27:57 »
Hey there, Welcome to GH. Have you started putting your board together yet?  I'm interested in a 60%ish board have any suggestions?
Check out our Artisan keys at Primecaps.ca

Offline raugustinus

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 07:15:44 »
Sorry I didn't respond. Didn't touch the parts until recently. If you haven't decided yet. Most important thing is to figure out which switches you like if you haven't done so already. Personally I prefer the cherry mx reds. Somehow I like the linear switches the best. I have tried a daskeyboard 4c for a while but I've sold that one. Must admit the
Daskeyboard 4c has greetech switches and all my other mechanical keyboards have cherry mx reds. I have a CM Storm TKL with reds and WASD custom ABS keycaps and a ducky 2108 I believe also with WASD custom keycaps on reds. Now I'm using the GH60 with cherry mx reds and PBT keycaps I ordered from massdrop.
On this GH60 I have not installed any O rings like I have on both the CM Storm and the Ducky. PBT keycaps feel a little more solid than the ABS ones.

161055-0

Offline raugustinus

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:10:56 »
Oh one more thing, the plate that I have is a bit iffy. It works, but the metal is soft and bends at the spacebar. Since I didn't put the spacebar stabilizer in during the soldering I had to put it in afterwards. The only way to do that is to use the plate mounted stabilizers. Not a problem if the plate was strong enough. In the end it works ok, but had I known I would have gotten a better/stronger plate.

Right now I am thinking of getting a CNC shop that I know to make me a few 60% plates and have them anodized. If that works well I might set up a shop for those here in the Netherlands.