Author Topic: Yay maybe I can stop being a lurker now  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Antithesis

Yay maybe I can stop being a lurker now
« on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 11:50:16 »
Hey all!
I've been into mechanical keyboards for a couple years now.  I got started slowly and had only one board for quite some time;
a Quickfire XT with browns. I still use it on my gaming pc, but I've built a couple more that I take to work.

Now I just wanna make more keyboards so I'm looking for an excuse to make a GH60 rev c.  Also recently I started tumbling down the artisan rabbit hole...
I'm waiting on a kong from K3KC. 

Happy to be here and participate in the community :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 15:02:53 by Antithesis »

Offline benderkey

Re: Yay maybe I can stop being a lurker now
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 09:40:06 »
Uh, you may not want to post that K3KC key when it comes.

Offline Antithesis

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 13:43:27 »
Yea, realized since then that they're kinda looked down on in the community cause of the maker's 'intellectual infringement'.  It's okay though!  I think it'll look great on my old work board and I don't bring that home on weekends, so if it disappears it won't be a huge loss.
I'm making sure to support the true artisans as soon as I get the chance!  I'm crossing my fingers for my first raffle right now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 14:14:17 by Antithesis »

Offline itbesandrodoe

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 21:01:20 »
Welcome to the community! I wish my first board was browns because browns are one of my favorite switches to type on!

Offline pinkizhip

• No, you're a towel.
    • Prime Caps
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 11:58:25 »
Hey all!
I've been into mechanical keyboards for a couple years now.  I got started slowly and had only one board for quite some time;
a Quickfire XT with browns. I still use it on my gaming pc, but I've built a couple more that I take to work.

Now I just wanna make more keyboards so I'm looking for an excuse to make a GH60 rev c.  Also recently I started tumbling down the artisan rabbit hole...
I'm waiting on a kong from K3KC. 

Happy to be here and participate in the community :)

Hey there welcome to GH. Will the Kong be your first artisan?  Did you have any experience with soldering before you made your first board?
Check out our Artisan keys at Primecaps.ca