Author Topic: Hello from Boston  (Read 2184 times)

Offline GravityTheory

Hello from Boston
« on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 12:41:42 »
Looking forward to learning more about mechs! Just built my PC in November and got the GSKILL KM 780 RGB with brown switches. The creativity and worksmanship of the artisan keys on here got me to make an account. 

Offline ishtob

Re: Hello from Boston
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 18:29:01 »
welcome!

I recently came back to this forum, great to see another Bostonian here :D

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 00:33:41 »
Hey fellow Boston poster. we should have a microcenter meetup some day

Offline GravityTheory

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 09:46:28 »
I'm ashamed to admit I haven't ever been to a microcenter- and its only in Cambridgeport? My wallet needs a break but I'm starting to feel like a I need a mech for work too.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:48:09 »
I'm ashamed to admit I haven't ever been to a microcenter- and its only in Cambridgeport? My wallet needs a break but I'm starting to feel like a I need a mech for work too.

Yep it is right on Memorial Drive and shares a plaza with a Starbucks and Trader Joes. I hadn't even known it existed until I moved into the city about 3 years ago. Now I don't go a few months without stopping in. Sometimes if I don't really need anything big I go just to get a bottle of Bawls (yup they have all flavors of it).

BTW, that Micro Center location has a test keyboard in the keyboard/mouse aisle with every manner of Cherry MX switch installed and labeled (to my knowledge).  It is worth a trip there just to go try it. unless you are a MX pro and know all the feels of them by heart... ;)

Offline mtlyon2012

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:16:10 »
glad to know there are other people from mass on here. I would be down to help organize an event if people would be interested.